[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
FS as of today

Wii Mario Syper Sluggers - $21 - this sells for $19.99 at BBV fyi
Rock Band Beatles PS3 - $18
Bioshock 2 - $40

First two used towards GOW3.

Dammit, I called Rogers to ask the value of Street Fighter 4 PS3 and they refused to tell me over the phone. That's BS. When I was at the store he just looked it up on the computer, he didn't have to scan the barcode or anything.

ughhh hate this bankruptcy news about bbv. i have over 500$ in credit on cards. gonna have to buy a couple systems! gotta find some wii's

[quote name='JnJosh']ughhh hate this bankruptcy news about bbv. i have over 500$ in credit on cards. gonna have to buy a couple systems! gotta find some wii's[/QUOTE]

hey thanks for the heads-up, man! i would've lost ~$100 in credit!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Dammit, I called Rogers to ask the value of Street Fighter 4 PS3 and they refused to tell me over the phone. That's BS. When I was at the store he just looked it up on the computer, he didn't have to scan the barcode or anything.[/QUOTE]

Just try calling another store. It's simple to look it up, but some staff aren't 100% familiar with how the systems work. I doubt the value is too high because of the new copies being on sale... but who knows. I'll check when I'm at work tonight... but in all honesty, I'll probably forget.

I doubt there's a lot of reason to worry too much about Blockbuster... the Globe and Mail story today notes their Canadian unit is debt-free.

Yeah, the reasons BBV U.S. is having financial trouble don't apply to Canada. Netflix isn't a major competitor up here. We don't even have PSN rental services! :bomb:
Anyway, remeber what hapened to The Source. Although Circuit City went bankrupt, that didn't affect The Source up here.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']
Anyway, remeber what hapened to The Source. Although Circuit City went bankrupt, that didn't affect The Source up here.[/QUOTE]

Bell Canada bought The Source.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Bell Canada bought The Source.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, but they flew solo for a while once the parent company went bankrupt. The Source didn't go under, and we got the advantage of more game clearances than usual for a while so they could make themselves more attractive to buyers. Maybe BBV Canada will do something similar if their US Overlords go under. Keep your eyes peeled! :bouncy:

Rogers Plus:
Mar 18/2010

PS3
Aliens vs Predaotr - $26.50
Bioshock 2 - $40
Borderlands - $35
Call of Duty 4 - $16.75
Call of Duty 5 - $19.75
Call of Duty MW2 - $40
Dante's Inferno - $40
Dragon Age: Origins - $19.75
Fairytale Fights - $13.75
Fallout 3 GOTY - $19.75
GH Van Halen - $26.50
Heavenly Sword - $10.75
Heroes over Europe - $26.50
Infamous - $13.75
Killzone 2 - $15
MAG - $26.50
MLB 10 - $19.75
NHL 10 - $19.75
Resonance of Fate - $26.50
Rogue Warrior - $26.50
Singstar Queen - $13.75

Anyone know what kind of value you can get for a used Dualshock 3 or Sixaxis controller? They're basically in good condition. I want that blue one and trying to decide what I can trade toward it. I don't need another controller so might as well trade my current ones toward the new one.

EB/Gamestop Mar 20/2010

Nintendogs Chihuahua Ds - 12
Zelda Phantom Hourglass Ds - 8.50
Advance Wars Days of Ruin - 11
Rhythm Heaven - 12.50
Metroid Prime 3 - 3.50

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dtp11']I think you get around $19 for ps3 controllers[/QUOTE]
Game Centre is going to give me $25 for my DS3 and Sixaxis combined. I'm going to go for it and then pay the remaining $25 for a new blue one. It's worth it to me, I'll have a brand new black one soon when I get a slim so I'll have 2 brand new ones. I can also take into account that I got my current DS3 for the equivalent of about $31 back with that Best Buy GT Prologue deal, that helps rationalize the deal, it's not like I paid $55 for it originally.

I hate the Gamestop/Gamespot similarity. I knew of Gamespot first and was surprised to see a near-identical moniker during a trip to the US.

And I believe EB gives $25 for a DS3 (logically should be more than a SixAxis).

EB:
Dante's Inferno PS3 $25
Bioshock 2 PS3 $25
Battlefield BC2 Xbox $32

Hopefully EB tivs go up after all the power trade deals are over.

BBV
Bioshock 2 PS3 $36

[quote name='game_fanatic']EB Games gave me $20 for my old Sixaxis, so $25 combined for a Sixaxis and a DS3 is a terrible deal.[/QUOTE]

how long ago was this?
is $20 the current trade value for a sixaxis controller?
Might have to upgrade to another dualshock soon

BBV Trade-in Values - March 21, 2010

360:

Call of Duty 3 - $1
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End - $1
WarTech: Senko Ronde - $1
Virtua Tennis 3 - $1
Facebreaker - $1
Viva Pinata: Party Animals - $1

PS3:

Spiderman 3 - $1
BlackSite: Area 51 - $1

Wii:

Tomb Raider: Underworld - $1
Backyard Football - $1
Spyborgs - $1
Meet the Robinsons - $1

Updated tivs.ca just now to reflect these values - awaiting neksus' approval!

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']promo bonus?[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the Power Trade promo, which adds 50% to your TIV if you put it towards a few select games.

hey guys, I'm a member of the tivs.ca site, but I can't seem to log in to change values; dtp made note of some of the guys who havent updated tivs.ca, and I have contributed zero heh (although I thought I've done at least one). Is there a special link or something to get access to change TIVs?

[quote name='game_fanatic']hey guys, I'm a member of the tivs.ca site, but I can't seem to log in to change values; dtp made note of some of the guys who havent updated tivs.ca, and I have contributed zero heh (although I thought I've done at least one). Is there a special link or something to get access to change TIVs?[/QUOTE]You're not the only CAG to have little or no updates to tivs.ca:

cthulhu8u - 2
magiic - 2
Kathos - 0
killmak - 0

;)

It's all good though - many people just post them in this thread and let neksus update them on the site.

I'm glad it sparked your interest though! I challenge you to catch TripleQ (1,755 TIVs updated... the most next to neksus, who has inputted 29,024 TIVs so far)!

I need to get around to putting more values in but I haven't traded anything for about a month now.

I wonder of there will be any Power Trades in April

Where is the list of power trade for March? I remember seeing it.

On a side note, my GF talked with the EB Manager near my house and he will let me do PT with a GG. lol

Awesome!

March 26, 2010

Futureshop
Left 4 Dead 2 (360): $35

EBGames
Assassin's Creed II (360): $40
Left 4 Dead 2 (360): $40
Kengo: Legend of the 9 (360): $4.75
Go! Sudoku (PSP): $4.75
NHL 2K10 (360): $6.50

Rogers Plus
Assassin's Creed II (360): $40

Question:
Whats up with Killzone 2 TIV? tivs.ca says 2$ at EBGames ?! I thought the game was good, is it going Greatest Hits?
Does anybody know if NHL 2010 PS3 is still 40$ at FS?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Question:
Whats up with Killzone 2 TIV? tivs.ca says 2$ at EBGames ?![/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with the game being good or not, if they have too many, they lower the TIV, if they need more, they put it on the Most Wanted list. It's pretty simple when you think about it. ;)

And I don't know about you, but last time I went to EBgames, they had about 20 of them lined up on the racks, I'm pretty sure they don't want more used copies!

Left 4 Dead 2 is $40? Isn't that how much you can find it for new? Sounds like a good power trade to get a $60 credit with the 50% bonus.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Question:
Whats up with Killzone 2 TIV? tivs.ca says 2$ at EBGames ?! I thought the game was good, is it going Greatest Hits?
Does anybody know if NHL 2010 PS3 is still 40$ at FS?[/QUOTE]

The rumour from this thread is Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2 and infamous will all be Greatest Hits soon.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The rumour from this thread is Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2 and infamous will all be Greatest Hits soon.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's the LBP GOTY Edition. At any rate, if you want these games, get 'em when the price hits $30 before the red cases appear! *shudder*

EB - March 28

Assassins Creed 2 PS3 - $40

The power trade for Just Cause 2 is still on, so I managed to grab a copy for $5 with the $20 bump. You can get AC used for $24.99 at FS.

BBV

Splinter Cell: Double Agent 1$
Mirrors Edge 10$

They wouldn't take my not for resale copy of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith so I was wondering if I just printed off the barcode from a cover scan (my printer sucks) and taped it over would it scan?

Here's the T3 list for April.. from memory so could be something wrong here or there.

Blur
Lost Planet 2
ModNation: Racers
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Skate 3
Split/Second
Super Mario Galaxy
UFC 2010

I think there's one or two more.. Splinter Cell and RDR are still on from March.

[quote name='MaddogMonty']They wouldn't take my not for resale copy of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith so I was wondering if I just printed off the barcode from a cover scan (my printer sucks) and taped it over would it scan?[/QUOTE]

They might not even want to take it with the proper barcode, since most stores have too many copies already and/or can't even sell the few they have. It's one of those games that's been hard to sell for even 10 bucks...

bread's done
Back