[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
EB 2010/03/28:
Wii Shaun White Snowboarding: World Stage $10
Wii Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up $12
Wii Igor $8.25

FS 2010/03/28:
Wii Battalion Wars 2 $13
Wii Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves $9
DS Animal Crossing: Wild World $10
DS Pokemon Diamond $12
DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time $10

EB 2010/03/29:
360 Star Wars Republic Heroes < 8$ (dropped today)

I was refused PT on Just Cause 2 (apparently finished yesterday as well)

Here's the complete T3 list

Alan Wake
Blur
Iron Man 2
Lost Planet 2
ModNation: Racers
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Skate 3
Split/Second
Super Mario Galaxy 2
UFC 2010

Splinter Cell and RDR are still on from March.

Splinter Cell is a tiered trade, but T2+$19.99 even though the MSRP is $64.99 (before $64.99 games would be T2+$14.99)

Should be a power trade list coming out soon as well.

Well, you wouldn't get T2+19.99 for the CE, that's for sure. You could do T3 towards $69.99 value of the CE though.. although I have come across a store recently that would only let me do T3 for $64.99 (the Reg ed value) towards a CE.

Many stores will also let you do T2 for $50 value towards many things.. so it's pretty inconsistent.

most games you can do trade 2 for 50$ on them.

As for a CE, you can usually put down a maximum of what the regular version of the game is when doing a trade. Than pay off the rest.

I've been getting 25$ each game I trade in for any games coming out in future, including Splinter cell, Skate 3, UFC 11 and RDR

BB (monday march 29th)

GOW Collection (PS3) 10$
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) 8$
GTA 4 (PS3) 8$
Bioshock (PS3) 6$
Assassin's Creed (PS3) 2$

BB
360 Star Wars Clone Republic Heroes 17$
PS3 Star Wars Clone Republic Heroes 17$

FS
360 Star Wars Clone Republic Heroes 17$
PS3 Star Wars Clone Republic Heroes 17$

EB
360 Star Wars Clone Republic Heroes 7$

Does anybody know if AC2 is gonna drop comes April?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some trade in values for EB Games if anyone wants to add them to the tivs site:

Rune Factory (DS): 10.25
Rune Factory 2 (DS): 13.50
Kirby Super Star Ultra: 12.00
Apollo Justice Ace Attorney: $11.50

Big Brain Academy Wii Degree: $10

EB Today

Shaun White WS (Wii) - $10
TMNT Smash (Wii) - $12
Trauma Centre (Wii) - $12
Rise of The Argos (360) - $10
NBA 2010 Inside (PSP) - $12

[quote name='eday_2010']Apollo Justice Ace Attorney: $11.50[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I still have an extra from when it was $5 at Walmart, didn't think it'd go back over $8 TIV, thanks!

mildly OT but:

does anyone have a Neksus update?
he hasn't been logged in here since 3/10?
is he active on RFD?
i see the TIVS are getting updated. so he just approves user submissions?
i take it he doesn't read and enter them from this thread anymore.

Went into Shoppers World Brampton to the newer Gamestop and brought in Fable 2 $2, Gears 2 was $2 and Mass Effect 2 was $25? I know Gears and Fable are older but 2 bucks. We Got Games in the same mall gave me $10 for Fable, $10 for Gears and $35 for Mass Effect and the girl there apologized for giving low on I think it was Gears because they had too many copies. Why do people trade in this stuff to EB or Gamestop when there are places who pay more and sell for less. It's amazing.....

[quote name='silence316']Why do people trade in this stuff to EB or Gamestop when there are places who pay more and sell for less. It's amazing.....[/QUOTE]

People (on these forums at least) don't usually trade games for straight credit, it's the different promotions that make it interesting to trade at EBgames or BB/FS. When you can trade 3 old games that somehow held their value at EB for a brand new game, or 2 games you found really cheap and just add 10 bucks for a new release, then it becomes interesting. Add the Power Trade and Gaming Guarantee promotions and it becomes irrelevant if another store offers you $10 more for your stack of games.

It all depends how you plan it.

Agreed. I just took the 10 trade for Gears 2 and Fable 2 and WGG had a $9.99 or two for 15 bucks sale as well as buy 2 and get a third game free on all stuff $14.99 or less. Took the 20 buck trade and took three 10 buck games and all three worked over at EB. The guy working at the counter told me to do that. Said if EB wants to do those deals then they will help people take advantage of it. Apparently they do it on a regular basis when EB pays more then they sell stuff for.

[quote name='matsam']People (on these forums at least) don't usually trade games for straight credit, it's the different promotions that make it interesting to trade at EBgames or BB/FS. When you can trade 3 old games that somehow held their value at EB for a brand new game, or 2 games you found really cheap and just add 10 bucks for a new release, then it becomes interesting. Add the Power Trade and Gaming Guarantee promotions and it becomes irrelevant if another store offers you $10 more for your stack of games.

It all depends how you plan it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, like if you can take advantage of some promos, you can get basically any new release for $20-$30! I pre-ordered Splinter Cell Conviction yesterday via T3, and it cost me $20. I can't remember the last time I payed retail for a new release :p

Hey all, went to trade some games at Future Shop today here in Vancouver...decided not too, horrible TIVs:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY: $8
Resistance 2: $8
Perfect Dark Zero: $2
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer: $3

Perfect dark and Fantastic 4 were too be expected but whoa talk about tanking TIVs, please update the TIV list with these, future shop is wayyyy out of date and there and got my hopes too high! : (

Checked yesterday. Hope Fallout will still be the same tomorrow so I can power trade for SSFIV.

EB

Fallout 3 GotY PS3: $30
CoD MW2 PS3: $40

Blockbuster

Cursed Mountain $18

[quote name='saskwatch76'] please update the TIV list with these, future shop is wayyyy out of date and there and got my hopes too high! : ([/QUOTE]

why can't you do it?
it's run by user submissions.

[quote name='saskwatch76']Hey, I would update those tivs if I knew how to login, and the games were 360.[/QUOTE]

No worries saskwatch, I got 'em updated :)

some EB tivs of the day:

Rise of The Argos 360 - 10.00
Trauma Centre NB Wii - 9.00
Damnation 360 - 8.75
Shaun White WS Wii 7.00
TMNT Smash Wii 7.00

Can someone explain to me why the regular edition of PS3 Call of Duty 4 is worth more than the GOTY edition at Blockbuster, FS, and Bestbuy?

[quote name='Rees']Can someone explain to me why the regular edition of PS3 Call of Duty 4 is worth more than the GOTY edition at Blockbuster, FS, and Bestbuy?[/QUOTE]
No clue, I've always wondered why there was a difference, it's the exact same game disc, just a different looking case and UPC, once the map pack code is used there is nothing extra in the GOTY

Just tried to power trade Fallout 3 GotY for SSFIV at EB at the Kenaston location yesterday. I got refused cause of the bylaw since I'd still have $.01 left over. :mad: Gonna try again today at Polo.

Some "Most Wanted" TIVs.. and I use the term loosely..

Grand Theft Auto 4 PS3 - $7.00
R&C Tools of Destruction - $4.50
Resident Evil 4 Wii - $7.00
Mario Party 8 - $25
Super Paper Mario - $25

[quote name='game_fanatic']Yeah, wouldn't want to get consoles mixed up for Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2 :roll:[/QUOTE]
never heard of first, never seen second short form before.
so roll your eyes at the lazy poster not the guy who cares about this thread.
mmmmmmmmmmkay?
thanks!
:D

Interesting; you say you've never heard of Demon's Souls, and yet you seem to know its a popular topic on 4chan and Kotaku (I'm assuming anyways, your insult was vague and uninspired). Keep at'er, buddy!

EB
LPB GOTY 5$
H.A.W.X (hawx) 7$ (dropped today)
Catlevania Judgement 9$
Sonic Unleashed PS3 12$
Dante's Inferno PS3 40$

FS
LPB GOTY 12$

[quote name='game_fanatic']Interesting; you say you've never heard of Demon's Souls, and yet you seem to know its a popular topic on 4chan and Kotaku (I'm assuming anyways, your insult was vague and uninspired). Keep at'er, buddy![/QUOTE]
no i still know nothing about that game and im ok with that.
i was merely suggesting you honed your unique social skills and elite gamer
attitude at popular nerd hangouts on the net.

but instead i trust you spend all your time here and assumed everyone was
like you, and knew every game for every console, and it's forum abbreviation.
lucky for me, im not like you and dont suffer from 'know-it-all-ism'
im going to continue to ask people for details on their tiv posts when im curious.
if that's a problem take it to PMs.

bread's done
Back