[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Guys, let's not turn this into the RFD TIV thread.[/QUOTE]

While a agree with you, WTF?!? Demon's Souls is like GameSpot's GotY 2009 :bouncy:

[quote name='matsam']While a agree with you, WTF?!? Demon's Souls is like GameSpot's GotY 2009 :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

oh ok now i've heard of it.
thanks for that vivid description.
:applause:

[quote name='j940651']oh ok now i've heard of it.
thanks for that vivid description.
:applause:[/QUOTE]

Hey, for a guy like you, anytime! ;)

Dont know what the guy was smoking on RFD but as of...

Yesterday 7PM - FS
LBP GOTY 12$

Today 2PM - BB
LBP GOTY 12$

And not 27$ as mentioned on RFD. Maybe BB dropped today and FS yesterday? Althought that's doubtful.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who recommended playing Ghostbusters.
Got my copy for 10$ at the Source and I am SO enjoying the game. It is incredible and I would have totally missed it otherwise :)

I can confirm that LBP GOTY is $12 at both FS/BB as of Apr.10. Got burned too after somebody on RFD said it was 27.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Dont know what the guy was smoking on RFD but as of...

Yesterday 7PM - FS
LBP GOTY 12$

Today 2PM - BB
LBP GOTY 12$

And not 27$ as mentioned on RFD. Maybe BB dropped today and FS yesterday? Althought that's doubtful.[/QUOTE]

i mentioned the great TIV deal on Damnation (360) a few posts above.
found a few more, this time at BBV.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (PS3) is $4.99 used. Nets $11 TIV at EB
Civilization (360) is $9.99 used. Gets a nice $14 TIV at EB.

my sims, civ rev, gundam (ps3), rise of the argos, monopoly, trauma centre, deadliest catch, mario party 8, super mario galaxy, spidey web of shadows, top spin 3 (wii), brain age academy (wii) LOZ twilight princess

are all good games under 9.99 that qualify for eb's trade promos.

I've found multiples of most games around but not inlcuding guelph. nieces get a kick out of MP8, i think its a horrible game.

Future shop:
MAG (ps3) - $32
super paper mario (wii) - $19

both are on the list for trade 2 get one free for ff13 gow3 and new splinter cell

Assassain's Creed 2 PS3 - $7
Fallout 3 GOTY - $30

So much for the $35 value they listed for AC2 just Friday evening on their website. Funny cause they had it listed as worth $40 just last week, and when I brought it in I was offered $18. They told me both times that the in-store trade in values don't often match up with the advertised values online. False\misleading advertising much?

[quote name='JnJosh']my sims, civ rev, gundam (ps3), rise of the argos, monopoly, trauma centre, deadliest catch, mario party 8, super mario galaxy, spidey web of shadows, top spin 3 (wii), brain age academy (wii) LOZ twilight princess

are all good games under 9.99 that qualify for eb's trade promos.

I've found multiples of most games around but not inlcuding guelph. nieces get a kick out of MP8, i think its a horrible game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, KW must be hoarder central then.. I've found precisely none of those games.. best I've done was a HP:OTP and Dynasty Warriors 6. And I go to BBV a lot.

Assassain's Creed 2 PS3 - $7

This effing sucks, I hope it goes back up over at least $8. It was only last week that it was $40, I guess the BB and FS sales got to them, eh.

[quote name='CoachHines']Assassain's Creed 2 PS3 - $7

This effing sucks, I hope it goes back up over at least $8. It was only last week that it was $40, I guess the BB and FS sales got to them, eh.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming your talking about EB Games?

I remember seeing someone in RFD get $35 by getting a printout of this page http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/

[quote name='spzero']I'm assuming your talking about EB Games?

I remember seeing someone in RFD get $35 by getting a printout of this page http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/[/QUOTE]

Definitely YMMV on this one. They told me yesterday that even if I brought a printout in, the website TIV's weren't a reliable way to find out the actual TIV's since they update the system every day. Definitely worth a shot for anyone looking to trade the games in before their prices plummet though.

Meh, Im spotted at my local EB (from doing too many trade-ins, at least the manager doesn't seem to care so much.

Why is it that EB is having these promotions but doesn't want the consumer to use it? Its not like Im hoarding and trading in 10 copies of the same game. Im trading my own used games, and completing sets with some cheap found games. Which seems perfectly normal to me. Im already scanning the market to found cheap games to buy so it only makes sense that I buy some other games for trading when I see something.

meh...

Well yeah, basically he said he knew I was trading in some new games and he was 'okay' with it as long as I am also a player and not only a reseller....but I still gotta be careful I guess. I could have been banned somewhere else. I am usually trading different games, but I am just trading alot, which is enough to make you suspicious to them.

It's not that your trading alot, it's that you are trading alot of the games that "dealers" are trading. They can only receive so many Wolenstein/AC2/Weight Loss Coach/Bourne Conspiracy etc... before they assume anyone trading in a combination of those games are just buying them cheap to trade in for a higher price (which is against their trade rules). Not to mention all the times people don't bother opening their games before trading in, or leaving their BBV/FS/Rogers stickers on the box.

EB Games TIV as of 2010-04-14 @ 5:15pm (Kanata location)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [Greatest Hits] (PS3) = $9.00
Pikmin [New Play Controls] (Wii) = $12.00
Mario Tennis [New Play Controls] (Wii) = $12.00

In hindsight I probably should have done a T3G1F on some new game I didn't want to keep. Oh well, picked me up some Super Street Fighter IV plus got the extra credit on my card.

Games that still qualify as of yesterday at EB for T3:

Wii:
Narnia Prince Caspian
Big Brain Academy

DS:
Mushroom Men
GI Joe

360:
Saints Row 2
Grid

PS3:
Harry Potter: OotP
Dynasty Warriors Gundam

EB:
Curling DS 8.75$
Marble Saga Kororinpa 7$
Tornado Outbreak 12$
Boom Blox (first) 12$
Castlevania Judgement 9$
Elebits the Adventures of Kai and Zero 9$

Went to pick-up Lock's Quest new and found a used copy Woot! Also bought Mana Khemia 2 w/ double edge discount. Btw, Mana Khemia 1 is 14.99 used, if you can find it.

EB 2010/04/16:
Wii Big Brain Academy $10
PS3 Top Spin 3 $10.50
DS Chibi-Robo Park Patrol $0.25
DS Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Jedi Alliance $7

I know thats a dumb question but can you put money on an edge card without the card, like if bring the number thats on it?

Edit: I also have 6 receipts that are not circled... lol do you get 10% off used games, or new as well?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I know thats a dumb question but can you put money on an edge card without the card, like if bring the number thats on it?

Edit: I also have 6 receipts that are not circled... lol do you get 10% off used games, or new as well?[/QUOTE]

The receipt circling thing is no longer done at EBGames. If u get lucky and get an employee who doesnt know they may give it to you but they shouldnt.

Can u put money on an edge card? Technically yes. Are they suppose to? Technically no. More than likely they will want to simply give you a new card. Same thing if you wanted to use that number to buy stuff. They dont know if you actually own that card or just saw someone elses card, etc. Security reasons.

EBGames T3G1F eligible 4/19/10

Chronicles of Narnia : Prince Caspian (wii)
Brunswick Pro Bowling (wii)
Igor (wii)
Elebits 2 (DS)
G.I. Joe DS
Disgea DS

All over $8.00 and under $12.00

Paid off Red Dead Redemption, Mario galaxy 2, and Alan Wake. (hope i can combine it with my Alan wake CE pre order someday.)

Also GG'd my SC:Con CE for 64.99, used it towards Records of Agarest LE X (CSR let me keep the sweet ass steelbook, just returned the manuals, game, codes, in another game case. =D w00t w00t. might work for you too.

[quote name='Xephon']

Also GG'd my SC:Con CE for 64.99, used it towards Records of Agarest LE X (CSR let me keep the sweet ass steelbook, just returned the manuals, game, codes, in another game case. =D w00t w00t. might work for you too.[/QUOTE]

so you kept the art book, stickers, and the USB drive (what a failure) in that case
but gave back unused DLC, manual and game in a used green game case? and they said fine?
were you confident that would work?
i'd be too embarrassed to try that.
did they notice and not care, or not notice and you "got away with it"?

sorry for all the questions. just sounds odd.
i suppose since its the same price it doesnt matter if they
sell someone else a gutted LE.

[quote name='j940651']so you kept the art book, stickers, and the USB drive (what a failure) in that case
but gave back unused DLC, manual and game in a used green game case? and they said fine?

sell someone else a gutted LE.[/QUOTE]

Ive tried it this morning to see how it looks and I am also too embarassed to do that....lol

Few TIVs from EB Games, today...
Dante's Inferno (PS3) - $40
Resonance of Fate (PS3) - $27
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (360) - $3

I powertraded Dante's and Splinter Cell for FIFA World Cup 2010.
One thing I noticed was different was that they asked for my name and/or phone number prior to the transaction. Never happened to me before. Is it a new practice now?

Maybe to check if I've been banned due to changing power trades or bringing in turds?

[quote name='spzero']
Maybe to check if I've been banned due to changing power trades or bringing in turds?[/QUOTE]

No, They usually do that to pull up your account. The phone number is the quickest way to pull you up as is the name. Although anything is possible.

[quote name='spzero']
One thing I noticed was different was that they asked for my name and/or phone number prior to the transaction. Never happened to me before. Is it a new practice now?

Maybe to check if I've been banned due to changing power trades or bringing in turds?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they ask before they even do the trades now to see if you have been flagged/banned. A friend tried to trade today and all he did was look at his ID before that trade and said he was flagged. The funny thing was he didn't even look at a list or anything at all, just a glance at the ID and said, sorry, you cant trade.

I have a feeling Im banned aswell but I stopped trading into EB anyways after they wouldnt let me switch a preorder.

[quote name='j940651']so you kept the art book, stickers, and the USB drive (what a failure) in that case

sell someone else a gutted LE.[/QUOTE]

Yeah pretty much. what you said, except I did end up using the DLC. I was actually ready to give it up, since I didn't think they'd allow that. but since it did, I thought it might work for others too. =D I would usually feel weird about doing that, but at this specific store, I'm really cool with the CSRs, Manager and Asst Man. (went to HS with one, College with another, etc etc) They don't seem to be bothered with my trades. Apparently doing POs and stuff like that helps give CSRs more hours, so they should happily take them in.

For the GG, I returned the artbook + green CD case (french manual as the cover) :lol:, inside plastic slip cover the CE came in. I brought the steelbook too incase they weren't cool with it, but he said that it's cool, and let me keep the steelbook, artbook, usb, and stickers. It definitely is worth a try. The Steelbook was just too slick for me not to try to keep.

The only question now is what game to fill it with. =D

I'm hearing a lot on RFD about people getting banned from EBs for POing a lot through T3G1F. Maybe dealers/hoarders with TMNT/Shaun, and am worried if my POing would put me under a radar with district managers.

Do they let you pick up what you previously paid for still? Wondering if my friends will still let me get my stuff even though I may be banned. Shall go in to check tmrw. xD

I JUST WANT TO GAME =( fug j00 banhammer.

[quote name='method47']Yes, they ask before they even do the trades now to see if you have been flagged/banned. A friend tried to trade today and all he did was look at his ID before that trade and said he was flagged. The funny thing was he didn't even look at a list or anything at all, just a glance at the ID and said, sorry, you cant trade.

I have a feeling Im banned aswell but I stopped trading into EB anyways after they wouldnt let me switch a preorder.[/QUOTE]

Where are you guys from? West coast or east coast? Curious who is getting the banhammer.

bread's done
Back