[Canada] EB Games, Blockbuster Video, and Future Shop Trade-in Values List

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Update 3: The new website is http://www.tivs.ca thanks to neksus!

Update 2:

Lone Prodigy is awesome and made a new one: http://ebtradeinvalues.scribblewiki.com/Main_Page

Update:
Please update the wiki yourself. The new wiki is http://www.citgocapital.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

RFDers use/edit it as well.

Alright, the Americans have a wiki page with all the EB Games trade-in values and I figured we might as well start one for the Canadian EB. It's good reference for if we ever want to sell our soul or maybe take advantage of loopholes in their promos! I'll try and keep the list updated as much as possible.

If you have info to add, please do so in the following format:
*Game Name - $# - Month Day, Year
For example:
*Sonic Mega Collection - $8 - September 29th, 2006.

Group them by system please!

Wiki Link: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values_-_Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
splinter cell is still $30 at BBV as of nov 1...ouch, next summers $2.50 bin

USe it to get their actually good entertainment pack for $22 which includes a $10 gc, the monthly favorites pass, and (I think) the monthly game pass too. Plus 2 new releases and a few dozen other coupons that are probably not that good.

[quote name='yourdaddy']Blockbuster Nov 2, 2010
Enslaved PS3 - $27.50 (I was expecting $45... sigh)
Fallout New Vegas PS3 - $45[/QUOTE]

The 75% trade in value is usually only good for 2 weeks... yesterday would have been 4 weeks for Enslaved.

Future Shop, November 2:

God Of War 3 - $20
Fallout: New Vegas Xbox 360 - $21

Had to trade them in to help pay for my new PS3 160 GB model with a free copy of God Of War 3. I couldn't save my launch model.

11/3/2010

Blockbuster

Crackdown 2 (360) - $30
Just Cause 2 (PS3) - $17.50
Splinter Cell: Conviction (PS3) - $17.50

[quote name='Klopzi']Splinter Cell: Conviction (PS3) - $17.50[/QUOTE]

Dude, you should ask for a million dollars, that version is rare! :lol:

FYI:
Even though it wasnt in their system, each EB got a limited quantity of Ys Oath in Felgana Limited Edition (3-4 copies). Im trying to cancel my amazon.ca order to use credit at EB and save taxes.

For anyone interested, head to your local EB to secure your copy now.

[quote name='huongnd']how to do that

[/QUOTE]

...?
1. Walk into the store
2. Ask for a limited edition in the backstore
3. Enjoy!

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']FYI:
Even though it wasnt in their system, each EB got a limited quantity of Ys Oath in Felgana Limited Edition (3-4 copies). Im trying to cancel my amazon.ca order to use credit at EB and save taxes.

For anyone interested, head to your local EB to secure your copy now.[/QUOTE]
This game looks good!

I have a question about trading in games...
What is the process like? Do they scan the barcode of the game, or do they just look at the game name and accept them? I have some games from another regions that I bought in Playasia that plays on American systems, and I wonder if they works when I do a trade-in. They are games like Call of Duty or Fable 2 that are still in English voice with the same boxart - except the barcode might be different.

[quote name='miriamleo']I have a question about trading in games...
What is the process like? Do they scan the barcode of the game, or do they just look at the game name and accept them? I have some games from another regions that I bought in Playasia that plays on American systems, and I wonder if they works when I do a trade-in. They are games like Call of Duty or Fable 2 that are still in English voice with the same boxart - except the barcode might be different.[/QUOTE]

They check the game, then scan them in and they're system does it for them. If the barcode is different and they get an error they will probably just type in the game name...

It shouldn't be a problem, some people loses their cases so there are no box art and the employees still takes them in.

Future Shop (and probably Best Buy) are really anal about barcodes in the system. If it doesn't scan they won't input it manually. Their reasoning is dumb ("we can't sell it like that", well print out the label which overrides the original barcode) but that's their policy.

EB will input the name manually because they print their own barcodes.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Future Shop (and probably Best Buy) are really anal about barcodes in the system. If it doesn't scan they won't input it manually. Their reasoning is dumb ("we can't sell it like that", well print out the label which overrides the original barcode) but that's their policy.

EB will input the name manually because they print their own barcodes.[/QUOTE]

EB is always fine with NFR (not for resale) or non-scanning games.

FS/BB are hit or miss.. I just traded in a NFR UFC 2010 and they didn't care. (Where did that even come from, I don't remember it being a pack in) Been denied in the past before though.

EB: 2010/11/16

DS:
Guitar Hero On Tour $3.75
Guitar Hero Adapter $0.85
Guitar Hero On Tour Decades $3.25
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 $2.00
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $5.75
Megaman Starforce Leo $2.75
Neopets Puzzle Adventure $2.75
Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword $1.25
Picross 3D $5.00
Race Driver: Create & Race $2.00

PSP:
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade $3.00
Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code $2.00

EB games as of today

mario kart ds - 14.75
pokemon plat - 14
pokemon diamond - 9.25
DQIX - 14
super mario 64 - 14.75
warioware DIY - 9
Henry Hatsworth - 2.75
Resident Evil 4 - 5.50

Eb games:
Dec. 5, 10
Simpsons game, the (wii) - $8.xx
metroid prime hunters (ds) - $6.50
mario kart ds (ds) - $17.xx
Mysims(wii) - $14

Futureshop (as of 2010-12-13, unless otherwise stated)

XBOX 360:
Blur = $15.00 (as of 2010-12-07)
Crackdown 2 = $25.00
Final Fantasy XIII = $15.00
Forza 3 = $20.00 (as of 2010-12-07)
Super Street Fighter IV = $10.00
UFC 2010 Undisputed = $15.00

PS3:
UFC 2010 Undisputed = $15.00

I accidentally entered 2010-12-13 as the date associated with Forza 3 on TIVs.ca the first time around. I corrected it to 2010-12-07, so hopefully that's the number that shows up later.

EB Games (as of 2010-12-31)

PS3:
Army of Two: The 40th Day = $11.00 ** .... Quite a fun co-op game if that's up your alley.
Darksiders = $7.00
Super Street Fighter IV = $6.50
UFC 2010 Undisputed = $12.50 **

Pretty sure that's what the TIVs were. Had those bumped up for a T2+X, so the original TIVs weren't on the receipt.

Edit: Haha, yup. Had myself a few copies of UFC from that old Rogers sale. Came in handy getting GT5+DFGT bundle. Will never be able to go back and play GT without a wheel now. Totally different experience when playing that game.

Microplay TIVS, Jan 6 (YMMV)

COD Black Ops PS3 - $42.75 (28.50 before 50% promo)
NHL 11 PS3 - $40.50 (27 before 50% promo)
Gran Turismo 5 PS3 - $36 (24 before 50% promo)
Ass Creed Brotherhood Ps3 - $36 (24 before 50% promo)
NFS Hot Pursuit Ps3 - $36 (24 before 50% promo)
NBA 2k10 - $26.50 (not in the 50% promo)

EB/Gamestop as of Jan 6

Pokemon Diamond - 6.50
Pokemon Platinum - 12
Mario Kart DS - 12
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - 12
Warioware D.I.Y - 9
Snk vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash - 0.95
Lego Rock Band (360) - 4
Bionic Commando - 4
Halo Wars - 4.25
Pikmin NPC - 8
Sin and Punishment Star Successor - 20
Metroid Other M - 30
Trauma Team - 7.50
Super Swing Golf Season 2 - 4.50
No More Heroes - 4.50
No More Heroes 2 - 7.25

Man I'm surprised that Halo Wars is so low TIV-wise. I have two sealed copies still left from a while back, and I've bene hoping the value might jump up, but I feel I may just have to shoot them off to Goozex :(

[quote name='game_fanatic']Man I'm surprised that Halo Wars is so low TIV-wise. I have two sealed copies still left from a while back, and I've bene hoping the value might jump up, but I feel I may just have to shoot them off to Goozex :([/QUOTE]

I would not count on it. RTS rarely go up, even if it has Halo written on it :p

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Wow Pikmin NPC still at 8$!! o_O[/QUOTE]Tell me about it, but I was more annoyed that PKM diamond had dropped below $8

Edit: Manager said since B/W are coming out they dropped the price, but then I mentioned that you can't get all the previous gen Poke's w/o D+P (though technically people could just get plat) So maybe the tiv might go back up a bit.

[quote name='maigoyume']Tell me about it, but I was more annoyed that PKM diamond had dropped below $8[/QUOTE]

I had bought 2 Pikmin months ago, traded one and it dropped right after. Shocking that its back on.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Man I'm surprised that Halo Wars is so low TIV-wise. I have two sealed copies still left from a while back, and I've bene hoping the value might jump up, but I feel I may just have to shoot them off to Goozex :([/QUOTE]

isnt it almost 2yrs old AND not a huge success?

i'd goozex for someone

Hey guys, threw up a fairly awesome news post today on the front page of www.tivs.ca, check it out!
In other news, this is also related to a way to directly submit trade in values in an indirect way.

[quote name='kn00tcn']isnt it almost 2yrs old AND not a huge success?

i'd goozex for someone[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I never really see any used copies floating around, and with the release of Reach I thought the TIV's of Halo games would increase a tad in case the demand for all things Halo increased. Guess not! It wasn't a 'huge' success by Halo standards, but still managed to move a million units, which is definite respectable given the genre.

[quote name='cashinstinct']You never saw used copies of Halo Wars?

I saw dozens of them at many BBV.[/QUOTE]

Well my area is a little skewed since there's no local RP's and the BBV's were always shite. Regardless, I dropped them on Goozex a few days ago and I haven't even had a request there yet! I thought I would've received a request in like a day. Oh well, just biding my time :bouncy:

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']I would not count on it. RTS rarely go up, even if it has Halo written on it :p[/QUOTE]

I still have a copy of BFME II I was waiting to trade in after getting bored of it :p

Best Buy - Jan 7th, 2011

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - 25$
NHL 11 - 40$
Metroid Other M - 35$
New Super Mario Brothers Wii - 40$

Hey guys, the forum at tivs.ca now auto parses your tiv suggestions and automatically submits them to the site as a suggestion. Just thought I'd let you know it's now easier to help!

Best Buy - Jan 11, 2011

These are all not including the bonus $5 per title with tiv over $8 promotion that's going on this week.

Xbox
Halo Reach - $35

NDS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $8

PS3
MLB 10: The Show - $10
Heavenly Sword - $5
Infamous - $10
Darksiders - $8
Gran Turismo 5 - $40

Hey guys, I really need an update for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for Xbox 360 and Ps3 for EBgames.
My store closed before I could go down and talk to them. Thanks in advance. TIVs lists them as:
Xbox 360 - $18 (as of 15th)
ps3 -32.50 (as of 13th)

I need to know if either or both of these prices are accurate.

bread's done
Back