[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rtooby']Picked mine up around 7pm in mayfair, still had a few sealed copies left. They had a couple PS1 megaman's that i tried to pick up but they were holding for an employee I suppose :( Oh i also saw my first copy of the DS browser, they wanted $34.99 for it.

On an interesting note, I was talking with the workers about the deals so far, and it came up somehow that there's a guy who's been buying stock from that store, trading it in to another, and vice verca. Anyways, apparently he's been doing it too much so next time he comes in they are banning him. klepto came to mind.[/QUOTE]Hahaha, where are you located?

^^ I'm in Victoria.

I doubt it's GD related (but take a look at PoP, the day after it went on sale it was $15 tiv), maybe just a general statement on their part.

Montreal South Shore:
St-Bruno: Most/All gutted
Brossard Dix30: Usually only 1 gutted (display & last to be sold) & overall much better customer service

And a good thing is that Brossard one is only 15 min drive away from Montreal

[quote name='will123456']Could you indicate the location that always keeps the games sealed ? I tend to avoid EB since the one near me seems to gut most of their copies. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I think magiic avoids EB like the plague.[/QUOTE]I used to avoid it like the plague too... until these Game Days $9.89 games started happening! Actually, the only time I ever really go there is when they have good promo's (which isn't very often)!

The rest of the time I use Goozex!

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Montreal South Shore:
St-Bruno: Most/All gutted
Brossard Dix30: Usually only 1 gutted (display & last to be sold) & overall much better customer service

And a good thing is that Brossard one is only 15 min drive away from Montreal[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

I picked up chrono trigger for $25 as well, but i couldnt get a sealed copy though. I went to buy it & asked the employee at rideau centre if there were any sealed copies. He said they might, so he goes 2 the back & brings me back a copy of the game w/the cheesy self-made seal -_-

The case was even damaged a bit, but other than my minor quirks, it was a very good purchase.

Hope they have better deals over the weekend & next week

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Picked up Mirror's Edge for $10 today.
Score![/QUOTE]
I guess you got it for 360 then? Last time I called, PS3 version was going for 14.99 used(?) :(

[quote name='Afrodiziak']From RFD/not confirmed:

Saturday: CoD: Final Fronts (PS2)
Sunday: Build A Bear Workshop (Wii) lol
Monday: Socom: Confrontation[/QUOTE]

I'm so there Sunday

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm so there Sunday[/QUOTE]
ohhellsyeah.gif

I'mma gunna build da best damn bear EVAR. SRSLY

i was in EB in niagara falls last night and @ the front counter they had the last remnant for 9.99
i didnt buy it so it might still be there.

[quote name='addone']I guess you got it for 360 then? Last time I called, PS3 version was going for 14.99 used(?) :([/QUOTE]
Yap!
Picked up the last copy at the Guelph location.

Sadly it was opened, but for 4 $10, it was too good to pass up.
Definitely enjoying the game.

[quote name='Dragon52']Isn't Soccom already on sale?[/QUOTE]

I imagine the SOCOM going on sale is the game-only; I'm sure most would consider getting the Game + Headset combo for $39.99, assuming you didn't have a headset already.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I'm so there Sunday[/QUOTE]

Build-a-bear workshop??

Good thing Wii owners have access to a bunch of cheap games anyway, like Skate It and Scarface for $15 each (used) at EB Games. Because we're getting shafted on this Game Days deal!

LOL... :lol:

Sunday: Build A Bear Workshop (Wii) lol
Monday: Socom: Confrontation[/QUOTE]
It was nice while it lasted.

come on, build a bear workshop for the wii? thats the best deal ever. i will be first in line at my eb so i can make sure they dont sell out & then buy up all their copies so little kids wont have the satisfaction of enduring such retarded garbage.

oh, & i'd use the discs for skeet shooting

Sunday: Build A Bear Workshop (Wii) lol[/QUOTE]

What's next? GBA games? Xbox games? Atari 2600 games? :bouncy:

I bet there's an influx of game-only copies from people who just bought SOCOM for the headset. ;)

And CoD WaW FF is the biggest definition of milking ever.

I'm SOCOM is without the headset, no thanks.
If it is, it's mine!

But I have to go hurry and Buy a Wii so I'm ready for BUILD A BEAR! fuck yeah!

[quote name='addone']
ohhellsyeah.gif

I'mma gunna build da best damn bear EVAR. SRSLY[/QUOTE]

N0T IF I D0 FIRZT!!!ONE!!

[quote name='telepathy']come on, build a bear workshop for the wii? thats the best deal ever. i will be first in line at my eb so i can make sure they dont sell out & then buy up all their copies so little kids wont have the satisfaction of enduring such retarded garbage.[/QUOTE]

You'd be in competition with kleptodaturdtrader if the TIV is more than $8. ;)

As mentioned, it would be interesting to see which SOCOM goes on sale. If it's with the headset and cheaper than the previous sale price, giddyup!

[quote name='Bencherstyle']woah woah woah! CT is 25 bucks? new?[/QUOTE]

Yea at EB it is. I got it on the day I got Last Remnant. It was new but gutted.

I can't imagine it would be Socom with the headset. Not that it's certain, but if they weren't selling Endwar with the headset when it was the deal, I'd say it's likely they won't be selling the Socom bundle.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']Yea at EB it is. I got it on the day I got Last Remnant. It was new but gutted.[/QUOTE]

hmm, gotta get it then :)

anybody know how long this game is? and does it have a good story? im finishing up Golden sun, and this will have to last me till christmas ( im really slow when it comes to RPGS_

I bought it way back in December and never opened it.
Apparently its insanely long.
And if you like achievements I hear it takes well over 100 hours for all 1000.

Got a 120GB HDD from EB for 50% off. Picked up Call of Duty 4 as the used game ($27.99) and traded it in for $37 at Future Shop. I just need a transfer cable now.

Edge discount does NOT apply. I asked and the guy said yes, but I looked at the receipt later and it didn't do anything. Non-refundable -_-

This is to late for the east side but some people on the west side could still get on these deals. Got this email from EB Games Canada. Sorry for not having an image , for some reason copy and pasting does not work.

Saturday Only
Guitar Hero WT- $99.99 Xbox 360 and PS3 $89.99 for PS2

Trade in 5 select games and get a Wii for $49.99
Trade in 5 select games and get a Xbox 360 Elite for $49.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Firestorm']Got a 120GB HDD from EB for 50% off. Picked up Call of Duty 4 as the used game ($27.99) and traded it in for $37 at Future Shop. I just need a transfer cable now.

Edge discount does NOT apply. I asked and the guy said yes, but I looked at the receipt later and it didn't do anything. Non-refundable -_-[/QUOTE]

hey Firestorm, how much was the 120GB with the 50% off sale? Sounds like quite a deal!

$77.50 + tax. Regular used price is $155. Way higher than an HDD should be but good for a 360 HDD. It's about that price on eBay but I don't want to deal with that. Not to mention I had around $80 in credit at EB.

Trade-in Value July 18, 2009

Prince of Persia PS3 - EB Games- $19
End of War PS3 - BBV- $24

I did not like those games much. I was surprised by the easiness of Prince of Persia always saying what to do. About End of War, I did not want to invest in a headset, so I was not in position to enjoy the game I suppose.

I'm sure someone will be interested in this for their kids (or least that's the excuse they'll be using). Today's deal is Build-A-Bear Workshop (Wii) for $9.89.

bread's done
Back