[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='game_fanatic']Great. A game I'm truly interested in (CoD5:WaW) and I won't even be near an EB Games. I would be suuuper appreciative if someone could snag me an extra copy! I'd send $30 over PayPal if anyone was interested![/QUOTE]

I might venture out to grab a copy. If theres any extras i'll try to grab you one too! But the price isn't even confirmed yet... do you know what it is for sure?

[quote name='telepathy']What is supposed to come with the GTA4 Collector's edition that should make it worthwhile to pick it up?[/QUOTE]
The lockbox is pretty sweet and I thought the extra $20 I paid was worth it, it also comes with a small duffelbag, CD, keychain and artbook

[quote name='thelaughingman']I might venture out to grab a copy. If theres any extras i'll try to grab you one too! But the price isn't even confirmed yet... do you know what it is for sure?[/QUOTE]

Well Placebo confirmed that it was $19.98 (Not too sure how accurate he is, sorry Placebo heh) so I'm fairly confident he is correct. Even at $29.98 I'd still love a copy, I'm a sucker for CE's, and having COD5 is nothing to sneeze at either! I'm definitely gonna either call my local EB to get GTAIV CE on hold, or get the gf to run out at 10am and grab me a copy heh.

i would like to buy some games for ps3...do anybody seals them?
reading.gif

To the Wii owners complaining (I have a Wii aswell...), atleast we got Animal Crossing, 3 weeks into this sale there hasn't been a single PSP game on daily deals. Even the DS didn't have much, just a bad Prince Of Persia game.

I can try to grab an extra GTA and/or COD.. I don't think it'd be worth shipping though due to size/weight so probably only useful for K/W people.

[quote name='Pavel6969']Just walked out of EB, GTA 4 CE is $39.99[/QUOTE]
I was just about to remark how my friendly neighbourhood SpidermanEB doesn't open until 10am...and then I noticed you were +1 time zone :)

Was it $39.99 SCANNED, or just sticker? Sticker is sometimes wrong...sadly :(

Dang...not so hot...thanks dude. Hope at least tomorrow's price is better.

[quote name='addone']I was just about to remark how my friendly neighbourhood SpidermanEB doesn't open until 10am...and then I noticed you were +1 time zone :)

Was it $39.99 SCANNED, or just sticker? Sticker is sometimes wrong...sadly :([/QUOTE]
I can also confirm it's $39.98. Manager told me "It's $39.98 but we have zero copies." I wouldn't have bought one anyways at that price.

already owning both games I think the price is too steep to rebuy them just for the collectors editions...

I guess it's safe to assume that COD5 will be on sale at around this price?

i think it is $34.99 for the normal game used, & $39.99 new. so right now, you can pay the normal price in order to get the collectors edition

[quote name='thelaughingman']
I guess it's safe to assume that COD5 will be on sale at around this price?[/QUOTE]

I hope you're wrong man

I can't see how a game that's been out for more then a year, and is eligible for both Greatest Hits, and Platnium Hits releases will be more money then a title released less then 8 months ago.

[quote name='neksus']Good games != good deals[/QUOTE]

[quote name='telepathy']i think that collector's editions are pretty good deals at these prices[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neksus']None of the prices have been confirmed, and are purely speculative. What if they're on sale for $40?[/QUOTE]

I find it hilarious that "telepathy" was disproven :razz:
And no offense, but this is why you wait for prices instead of 'buzz'

Same here. Pass (was only getting PS3 version for trophies, since i have 360 regular edition, anyway)

[quote name='neksus']I find it hilarious that "telepathy" was disproven :razz:
And no offense, but this is why you wait for prices instead of 'buzz'[/QUOTE]

well tbh, if it was $20 like it was rumoured, that wouldnt have had been too bad. but at the current price, i cringed. seriously, they expect people to pay that much for a shitty game?

actually, i like the deals like this.

to people who actually want to play the game , GTA SE is worth it for 39.99, but if it was 19.99, people who would hoard/collect would buy it, without even playing it, not giving the chance for ppl who actually wants to play the game. and this way, the hoarders/collecters saves money :)

[quote name='Bencherstyle']actually, i like the deals like this.

to people who actually want to play the game , GTA SE is worth it for 39.99, but if it was 19.99, people who would hoard/collect would buy it, without even playing it, not giving the chance for ppl who actually wants to play the game. and this way, the hoarders/collecters saves money :)[/QUOTE]
I'm sure everyone who wanted GTA, probably has it already.

i actually didnt like GTA4 that much at all. to me, the best was either the original or vice city. i would pay plenty for a LE of that game (if it existed). i can understand the fear of hoarders but the game isnt that good for it's value. If you can justify the value through the extras, then more power to you, but the game needed to be better/cheaper before i bought an LE of it

I loved GTA4. T3 for it and was totally worth it. I would not buy anything for a CE edition however.... $39.95 is not a deal!!!!

it starts slow buts get amazing from midway to finish.
i know it starts slow and takes time to get used to.
it took me months before i gave it a second try i was so bored.
(i phucking loved every minute of san andreas and vice city!)

but once it gets going you want to see it through.
and it never once phucks you over with controller-throwing-style hard missions.
(looking at you saints row 1,2)

i'm glad i finished it. and it i liked the branching stories with the bioware-style moral decisions.
and lost & damned just rocked my ass off.
i bet the ballad of gay tony is awesome too.

no it's not hilarious movie rip-offs and all celebrity voice actors anymore.
and it's not arcadey and over the top "rampage" postal kill sprees with flamethrowers and tanks. rockstar's graduated to interactive cinematic episodes. it's not for everyone, but it's an accomplishment in gaming. it's what got me to buy a 360.

/rant

[quote name='musdy']I'm sure everyone who wanted GTA, probably has it already.[/QUOTE]

I don't. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually, but it's not going to get added to my backlog at 40 bucks. (Especially after adding PoP and TR:U to the pile earlier this month) 20$ would have made it a no-brainer, though.

Yeah, if the SE was $30 I most likely would have bought it. At $40, it's a little too pricey for a door crasher. Even if they substituted the regular edition at $19.89 that also would have been a buy for me. Instead, I'll pass on this one.

I would have gotten it if I didn't already own a copy of GTA. It is still a decent deal, but no one who already owns the regular edition is going to cough up the money for the CE at that price.

[quote name='Pavel6969']I would have gotten it if I didn't already own a copy of GTA. It is still a decent deal, but no one who already owns the regular edition is going to cough up the money for the CE at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, agreed. I'd totally bite on this if I didn't have the game, but having already paid 60 dollars for the game originally, can't pay another 40 just for the CE contents.

So yeah it is a good deal in general. Not sure I'd call it a "door crasher" but definitely a good deal.

I came in bright and early as the store opened and they had only one left. I enthusiastically ask if the price was $20, to which the guy said no, it was $40. I left.

I was hoping to buy this game again, but I guess its a bullet dodged. I never really liked my time with it the first time I bought the game. Maybe I just thought that having trophies would have given me a reason to play it again...

[quote name='kento951']Is it safe to assume that Cod will be more than $20 tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I'd say the cheapest COD will be will be around $40, but realistically I think it's going to be $50.

I'm surprised no-one's posted this yet. Today's deal is Call of Duty: World At War Collector's Edition (360 only) for $39.99.

[quote name='Jouvert']I'm surprised no-one's posted this yet.[/QUOTE]

Maybe because nobody cares for cold deals. :lol:
I would have jumped on this if it was cheaper, but having the PS3 version already, there is no way I can justify shelling out 40 bucks for it again.

I'm interested in the game (CoD: WaW), but $40? That's not a deal ... I have no need for the other stuff in the bundle, so I'll probably find a copy of the regular edition on Kijiji for $20.

Unlike the GTAIV CE, the extras for WaW aren't worth a salt. Other than the steel case, you get a toy flask and an early unlock for arguably the most horrible machine gun in multiplayer. :/

[quote name='eswat']Unlike the GTAIV CE, the extras for WaW aren't worth a salt. Other than the steel case, you get a toy flask and an early unlock for arguably the most horrible machine gun in multiplayer. :/[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the big XP bonus -- in the first week of the game's release, you will earn double XP! That will really help if ... oh, wait ... I guess it's been out for a while, hasn't it?

[quote name='onemorechanc']Don't forget about the big XP bonus -- in the first week of the game's release, you will earn double XP! That will really help if ... oh, wait ... I guess it's been out for a while, hasn't it?[/QUOTE]

The XP bonus is for a week from redeeming the code. I personally picked this up - I had another copy I was selling to a friend for $40, bought this on EDGE credit, gave my friend the flask as a surprise and get a week of XP when I want to try and go for my Prestige achievement :razz:

[quote name='neksus']The XP bonus is for a week from redeeming the code. I personally picked this up - I had another copy I was selling to a friend for $40, bought this on EDGE credit, gave my friend the flask as a surprise and get a week of XP when I want to try and go for my Prestige achievement :razz:[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure the week has passed and the flask isn't safe to drink out of...

[quote name='Hockridge']Pretty sure the week has passed and the flask isn't safe to drink out of...[/QUOTE]

Does the flask even open?

[quote name='neksus']The XP bonus is for a week from redeeming the code. I personally picked this up - I had another copy I was selling to a friend for $40, bought this on EDGE credit, gave my friend the flask as a surprise and get a week of XP when I want to try and go for my Prestige achievement :razz:[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess my sarcastic comment fell flat! Actually, that sounds like it was a pretty good deal for you.

And even though they are zero-point achievements, I understand ... sometimes you just *have* to get them!

bread's done
Back