[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='onemorechanc']Well, I guess my sarcastic comment fell flat! Actually, that sounds like it was a pretty good deal for you.

And even though they are zero-point achievements, I understand ... sometimes you just *have* to get them![/QUOTE]

Well I have a few friends that play online (between this and Gears 2 there's ALWAYS somebody on...), and it wouldn't hurt to try and get the extra achiev. Although, it isn't bringing down my percentage any considering my % is still like 98% (still need that stupid 4 player co-op one!)

So no chatter today about today's awesome deal? Sure, the game is lame... but at least it's only $5!

(Yes I'm kidding. Sometimes that $5 is better off kept in your pocket until the next deal comes around. However, it's not a terrible deal for families who might be looking for a disposable afternoon diversion.)

[quote name='snowyeti']Wait, so what is it? Is it as good as Build-a-Bear?[/QUOTE]

It's worse. Do like the the ING Direct guy says and "Save your money!" BTW, it's Movie Games (Wii) for $4.99.

[quote name='addone']You could always be a flipmaster like this RFD-er[/QUOTE]

That guy claimed to have made like $3k on flipping games. Must be nice to have no life, not to mention being able to pull luck out of your ass when hunting for fodder. I think he got like 40 RE5 or UFC and returned them for the gaming guarantee. Is this just trash talk? What damn EB/BBV does he go to that let's him take in 20 copies of the same game?

[quote name='neksus']That guy claimed to have made like $3k on flipping games. Must be nice to have no life, not to mention being able to pull luck out of your ass when hunting for fodder. I think he got like 40 RE5 or UFC and returned them for the gaming guarantee. Is this just trash talk? What damn EB/BBV does he go to that let's him take in 20 copies of the same game?[/QUOTE]

Guys, he's just yanking your chain.

[quote name='Jouvert']Guys, he's just yanking your chain.[/QUOTE]

its actually true. we've talked in PMs on RFD before.
he gave me some tips. if you spread it around different blockbusters
and do 2 or 3 at a time depending on the CSR it works fine.
i've never bought that many copies of a game at a time.

he's a true RFDer flipping for systems. i don't have that kind of time
or energy but i admire his spirit if not his outright courage to be a
mega-douche openly. i at least keep my douchery quietlike nowdays.

OH!

I also found Overlord PS3 on sale for $12.96 NEW today at EB.
Is that a good deal? It looked like a good value.

[quote name='j940651']its actually true. we've talked in PMs on RFD before.
he gave me some tips. if you spread it around different blockbusters
and do 2 or 3 at a time depending on the CSR it works fine.
i've never bought that many copies of a game at a time.

he's a true RFDer flipping for systems. i don't have that kind of time
or energy but i admire his spirit if not his outright courage to be a
mega-douche openly. i at least keep my douchery quietlike nowdays.

OH!

I also found Overlord PS3 on sale for $12.96 NEW today at EB.
Is that a good deal? It looked like a good value.[/QUOTE]

im speechless. did not know there was a such a person like that....
well... best thing is to live your life and ignore the douche...

[quote name='Bencherstyle']im speechless. did not know there was a such a person like that....
well... best thing is to live your life and ignore the douche...[/QUOTE]

he's no different than HDKen. except he flipped his cheap stacks for new games at FS during their T3G1F Debacle and took pics of them like klepto. there's varying degrees of douchbaggery on that board, nothing surprises me anymore. i never expect to find cheap games to PLAY when there are deals, (i almost lost it trying to get a Dead Space from FS during the $9.99 sale) and im never surprised when i see a STACK of the cheap game with the other stores sale stickers STILL ON IT repackaged and marked up at BBV or FS.

Wow, this guy is for real? But even if his time is worth nothing, gas for his car is not. Driving around town to multiple EBs and then to the BBVs and Future Shops to flip cheap games must cut into his "profit". It's so not worth it for normal people.

where do you live, the boonies?????
i have about a half dozen of each each within 10 minutes.
in one mall there's both an EB and a GS.

[quote name='j940651']where do you live, the boonies?????
i have about a half dozen of each each within 10 minutes.
in one mall there's both an EB and a GS.[/QUOTE]

I live out east, and while it's no Toronto, even we have a spot that has five stores (Futureshop, Blockbuster, 2 EB Games, and a local non-chain) all within walking distance. Those are just the stores that trade ... there's also a Walmart, HMV, Toys'r'Us, and Zellers, and at most you would spend 10 minutes walking between the furthest apart.

I guess I could start flipping games too, but I'd rather just enjoy the savings by playing the game instead of screwing over another gamer. I *might* buy multiple copies of a game if I want to play co-op with a friend, but I can't imagine buying 40 copies of any game.

[quote name='onemorechanc']I live out east, and while it's no Toronto, even we have a spot that has five stores (Futureshop, Blockbuster, 2 EB Games, and a local non-chain) all within walking distance. Those are just the stores that trade ... there's also a Walmart, HMV, Toys'r'Us, and Zellers, and at most you would spend 10 minutes walking between the furthest apart.

I guess I could start flipping games too, but I'd rather just enjoy the savings by playing the game instead of screwing over another gamer. I *might* buy multiple copies of a game if I want to play co-op with a friend, but I can't imagine buying 40 copies of any game.[/QUOTE]

i was in 5 EB/GS just today and they're just a couple miles apart.
i really wanted to find a used 360 copy of COD:MW, took me long enough.
and i know when i go to the handful of BBVs in the neighbourhood ill see
all those copies of COD:MW i couldn't find in EB repacked and marked up thanks to RFDers.
i used to think it was cool to buy a ton of copies of one game and flip them for credit.
i ran Quake Wars into the ground at BBV and FS. but it wasn't on sale.
the regular price at EB garnered profits in trade. i guess i hoarded. EB ever ran out of copies obviously.
and i could never return multiple copies at one time. it mightve worked but i just refused to be "that guy".

i can't understand people who leave the old stickers and price tags on, leave them sealed, or worse, TELL the store they bought them for cheap when they trade them. i'm not proud of being a cheap ass. i certainly don't get taking pics and posting receipts.

[quote name='onemorechanc']I live out east, and while it's no Toronto, even we have a spot that has five stores[/QUOTE]
*in sing-song voice* I smell Durham Regionnnnn

wow, when i was a lurker, i always thought "flipping" games to make profit was a smart idea. all my friends thought so too. i started doing T3G1F and soon wasted lots of time just so i could get games that i don't even want.

i quit about 6 months ago tho, realized that being a hoarder or flipper or lurker all didn't matter... (and at this point i was a collecter lol) but than thought about why im doing it, and decided to just buy what i really really want. so i made a short list of games i wanted (first i wrote down alot... but than i scrached out alot, so right now, theres about 4-5 games i want) and get those instead of ...you know, flipping.

im still using the site, and i thank it, since i find alot of good deals here, but to be honest , i don't understand the collecters of 100,200 games by flipping and hoarding. guess if you're doing that sort of thing at age 25?( the big names in RFD i think are in that age group) , i shouldn't start at age 17....

besides, i got a job now serving hot coffe to people :D

Well CoD5:CE was kind of a bust, and I was up in Gravenhurst for the past couple of days so getting the game was next to impossible anyhow. I was happy getting GTAIV for $39.99 though! It's one of the few CE's that I feel would be worth the $40 I paid, for sure.

flipping games is a nice side hobby, i usually load up on a lot of games when i see them 4.99 or less, play the shit out of them (for cheesemints, or for nieces pleasure) than when blockbuster has a decent trade in promo going (ie now) stock up on that credit.

I usually preorder movies i want first, than ask my family who wants games (i take a hit on the credit to give them a deal) than i look around for games that might qualify for a trade 3.

I just laugh at people who chase around to blockbuster to eb to rogers to fs and back and forth.

Hey guys, just a shameless plug for those already registered on RFD:
Basically just plugging the signature :)
Also, help Firestorm out here. You know you love us!

Also, I could flip alot more, but don't have the time nor energy to make it a full-time hobby. I prefer to spend my time working through my ever-growing backlog of unopened games :razz:
That said, I definitely get my games on the cheap!

I walked into the EB games I frequent a lot in Stratford today and asked for the deal of the day. Almost immediately the guy had a disappointed look on his face and showed me the one out of the thousands of Wii shovel-ware atrocities that was on sale. Pfftt.

[quote name='j940651']i'm not proud of being a cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

Uhmm, really? I didn't think was anything wrong with that. In fact, that's why I registered here!

Rumored upcoming games (according to RFD):

Saturday - Spore: Creepy & Cute (PC)
Sunday - Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack (Wii) - probably at $4.89
Monday - Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (PS3) - $39.99

Given it has a $40 TIV, it's like getting the CE stuff for free! Too bad I already bought the CE when TSCC was clearing 'em out for $60...d'oh!

[quote name='neksus']Hey guys, just a shameless plug for those already registered on RFD:
Basically just plugging the signature :)
Also, help Firestorm out here. You know you love us!

Also, I could flip alot more, but don't have the time nor energy to make it a full-time hobby. I prefer to spend my time working through my ever-growing backlog of unopened games :razz:
That said, I definitely get my games on the cheap![/QUOTE]Haha thanks neksus. Was wondering where the votes were coming from XD I voted for you. tivs.ca is a godsend even for people who don't hoard! We have a better trade-in documentation site than the Americans =P

[quote name='onemorechanc']Uhmm, really? I didn't think was anything wrong with that. In fact, that's why I registered here![/QUOTE]

If u knew how much time, energy, and research i put into the "dealing" youd laugh. its addictive, i get little rushes and buzzes, that cant be good. im studying tivs like stock markets ffs, i need a gf... lolI

[quote name='Jouvert']Rumored upcoming games (according to RFD):

Saturday - Spore: Creepy & Cute (PC)
Sunday - Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack (Wii) - probably at $4.89
Monday - Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (PS3) - $39.99[/QUOTE]

lotta stores here already have AcDc Wii deal out on shelves. PS3 ver. is $9.99

[quote name='cashinstinct']Fallout3 for $40? too much, I want cheap! don't care about CE Stuff.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Just make the standard edition $20. :D I'd settle with $30, really..

Neither, get RB2. Or wait for GH5. ;)

And I guess it really is an overstock clearance, hence the amount of Wii shovelware on sale. I highly doubt EB/GS ever overstocks on PSP games either. Besides, most of the best PSP games are GH already. :)

I think I'm first in line for GHWT (Wii), but I'm waiting for it to drop more (currently around 500), because it's $15 used at EB/GS. It sucks but there are a few songs I'd like to play.

Anyone know if FO3 CE is confirmed for Monday? I've got to plan which EB I'll be going to on Monday if it is.

[quote name='spzero']Anyone know if FO3 CE is confirmed for Monday? I've got to plan which EB I'll be going to on Monday if it is.[/QUOTE]

I saw the email myself at a local EB. They showed me!
So its confirmed... no price though =(

Deal for tomorrow [sunday] is ACDC Trackpack Wii for $9.89
Yeah, eb's been trying to get rid of this for quite some time :lol:

[quote name='thelaughingman']I saw the email myself at a local EB. They showed me!
So its confirmed... no price though =(

Deal for tomorrow [sunday] is ACDC Trackpack Wii for $9.89
Yeah, eb's been trying to get rid of this for quite some time :lol:[/QUOTE]

it was 4.89 yesterday.....

[quote name='Ranzo']it was 4.89 yesterday.....[/QUOTE]

i checked today and apparently there was a price change this morning to 9.89

unless my local EB is lying to me of course =(

[quote name='thelaughingman']I saw the email myself at a local EB. They showed me!
So its confirmed... no price though =(l:[/QUOTE]

Cool. Hopefully it is around $40.

I've bought this game before (CE no less) and I just couldn't get into it. Maybe if I give it another chance, I'll find something in there, especially since there's basically nothing to play this summer.

Today's deal is AC/DC Track Pack for $9.89, according to klepto on RFD, while the used price is still $24. It doesn't make sense since it's already at that price for this entire month and it's even $4.89 at some EBs.

bread's done
Back