[Canada] EB Games Gamedays July 3rd-August 01st

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys Game Days is back! For some reason! Guess they were really disappointed from the first one's lack of sales (because well... the sales sucked). Here goes! The deals will be listed as they are in the flyer:

Note! I left out the Crap that was the regular price (like UFC or Fight Night Round 4 or Tiger Woods 2010 Wii) that were advertised but stayed the same price.

Xbox 360 PRO

- Buy a PRO kit and get NHL 2k8, Sega Superstar Tennis or Alone in the Dark for free. $299.99

Xbox 360 ELITE

- Get a free "gift" with purchase, which is either a GTA duffel bag or a GTA "Statue of Happiness" statue. $399.99

Xbox 360 Family Bundle

- Scene It? Box Office Smash (w/ 4 controllers), Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and You're In The Movies (w/ Live Vision cam) all in one pack. $69.99

PS3 80GB

- Free Motorstorm Pacific Rift or Resistance 2 with purchase of 80GB system. $399.99

PSP

- Buy ANY PSP SKU (from the stand-alone to the bundles) get Daxter and Twisted Metal: Head On. The picture only shows $199.99 as a price but it has a picture of the stand-alone SKU there too so one can only assume.

Wii

- Wii bundle, comes with Punch Out! priced at $319.99. Save $20 it says.

- Get a Wii for $49.99 if you trade in 10 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Nintendo DSi

- DSi bundle, comes with GTA Chinatown Wars and a sticker pack for $229.99 you says $10 it says.

- Get a DSi for $49.99 when you trade in 6 current-gen games with minimum $8 TIV w/ case and manual.

Weekly Specials

- July 3rd-July 09th: 2-for-$20 on all used games ($9.99-$14.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 10th-July 16th: 2-for-$40 on all used games ($19.99-$24.99) for last gen (PS2/GC/XBOX)

- July 17th-July 23rd: Save up to 50% on used accessories with purcahse of used game:

- Buy a $9.99 used game and save 10% on used accessory.
- Buy a $14.99 used game and save 25% on used accessory.
- Buy a $19.99 used game and save 50% on a used accessory.

Multiplatform games

- COD4 $29.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- COD: WaW $49.99 (July 3rd-July 16th only)
- G-Force $59.99
- Ghostbusters $59.99
- Guitar Hero Metallica $49.99 (July 3th-July 16th)
- Guitar Hero World Tour $49.99
- Guitar Hero World Tour Full Kit $159.99 (PS3/360 only, PS2 kit $149.99)
- Overlord 2 $59.99 (Wii $49.99)
- Red Faction Guerilla $59.99 (July 13th-July 19th)
- Rock Band 2 full kit $169.99 (all systems)
- Rock Band 2 software only $49.99 (Wii $39.99)
-
Rock Band ACDC $9.99 (all systems)
- Wolfenstein $59.99
- WWE Legends of Wrestling $49.99 (July 3rd-July 9th)

PS3/PSP Games

- SOCOM w/ Headset $39.99
- All PS3 GH games $5 off

- Resistance: Retribution $19.99

Wii

- Battle of the Bands $7.99
- Naked Brothers Band $7.99
- Wii Sports Resort $59.99 w/ free Wii Sports Resort branded frisbee with pre-order, a real frisbee.

DS

- Guitar Hero ON TOUR Modern Hits $39.99

PC

- Guild Wars Trilogy $59.99 w/ free Eye Of The North expansion pack

Have fun guys! Also there's DAILY DEAL DROPS, hopefully they won't fail as bad as they did last game day, personally I think they're doing it again 'cause last time it completely fell through the floor. The guys that are on my watch-list get ready to be emailed and post in the same spot as always! We're back on!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ragnar14']Odin Sphere was last year, Phoenix Wright a year or 2 earlier, back when the game was nigh impossible to find.[/QUOTE]
Okay, I remember that then Just thought it happened sometime this month.

[quote name='kathos']Do you live in Vancouver? I heard there was some whale impaled by a cruise boat :D:D:D.
[/QUOTE]

Not funny, dude. ;) Just funny looking :D Well ok, guess it's a little funny :D Mostly strange tho.

Hey,
on the Deals website there are a bunch of games for $20 including Street Fighter IV. Does anyone know if this is USA exclusive or is there similar deals at Canada Eb's?

[quote name='strife18']Hey,
on the Deals website there are a bunch of games for $20 including Street Fighter IV. Does anyone know if this is USA exclusive or is there similar deals at Canada Eb's?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's USA only

[quote name='Bencherstyle']you mean USA only :p

damn, 20 bucks for SF4... thats pretty hot.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap totally did mean that. Edited it now thanks for letting me know

Ya I would love SF4 for that cheap. You can buy online at Ebgames.com but they are charging $15US for any shipping to Canada. What a f'in hosejob. They really need to get their ass in gear and make a canadian store website. I'm pretty sure it's safe to say there is a market for it here in Canada, not like there are only a dozen people playing games or anything.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']OR, Ebgames.com can lower the shipping fee to 2-3$ per game... and 3 dollar basefee :_)

i doubt EB.ca would ever do online... :/[/QUOTE]

Which sucks cause I can use Aeroplan at Ebgames.com but not in store so I always was hoping they would have an online store or at least order online pick up in store.

[quote name='Bencherstyle']OR, Ebgames.com can lower the shipping fee to 2-3$ per game... and 3 dollar basefee :_)

i doubt EB.ca would ever do online... :/[/QUOTE]Quoted from the ebgames.ca website: "We're working hard to bring online shopping to our website. In the meantime please visit one of our many retail outlets to purchase this item."

I would NOT want ebgames.com to lower the price of shipping instead of opening up an online store on ebgames.ca. I'd way rather have a Canadian site with NO duty/handling/brokerage/customs fees and shorter shipping times. Both? Sure! ...US site only w/ lower shipping fees? No (but it would be better than nothing)!

I was at an EB yesterday and the CSR answered the phone with "our daily doorcrasher is Fallout 3 CE for PS3". Didn't have any in stock though. =\ Plus I saw some copies of MySims stickered at $9.89.

[quote name='dtp11']Quoted from the ebgames.ca website: "We're working hard to bring online shopping to our website. In the meantime please visit one of our many retail outlets to purchase this item."
[/QUOTE]

That line has been on their website since before the internet began.

[quote name='TripleQ']That line has been on their website since before the internet began.[/QUOTE]Well we all know how hard EB employees work... so it should be up and running by 2016! ;)

I remember before the EB.ca website I had a huge blow out with management at several EB game in Brampton because Chibi Robo for the Gamecube was going for 10 dollars in America but was selling for 54.99 here.

I only went by the American website and looked for comparable prices in Canadian dollars because there was no EB.ca.

Two months later after calling several EB's and even the EB corporate head office they came out with a Canadian website to cut down on price confusion. I still don't understand why there was over a 30 dollar discrepancy in prices across the boarder to this day.

The only replies I ever got were, "Well that's the American price", or "I don't know why it's more expensive here, that price was determined by the American head office".

To this day I try to avoid EB unless they actually have something comparable to a DEAL.

mk

[quote name='MindKry']

The only replies I ever got were, "Well that's the American price", or "I don't know why it's more expensive here, that price was determined by the American head office".

To this day I try to avoid EB unless they actually have something comparable to a DEAL.

mk[/QUOTE]

do you also refuse to buy gas, food, clothes, shoes, alcohol, furniture, dvds, computers, cameras, .....?

that "discrepancy" is on those and other items.
always been that way. it's been getting better now since we've been hovering around the dollar parity mark.

[quote name='dtp11']Quoted from the ebgames.ca website: "We're working hard to bring online shopping to our website. In the meantime please visit one of our many retail outlets to purchase this item."

I would NOT want ebgames.com to lower the price of shipping instead of opening up an online store on ebgames.ca. I'd way rather have a Canadian site with NO duty/handling/brokerage/customs fees and shorter shipping times. Both? Sure! ...US site only w/ lower shipping fees? No (but it would be better than nothing)![/QUOTE]

yea, lets hope they do...

but that quote has been on the website... since....:drool:

[quote name='Grease_Bits']EB:
Tiger Woods 05 DS - 4.00
Brain Age DS - 7.50

Splinter Cell: Double Agent - 7.50
Army of Two - 7.50
RB6:V2 - 12 (Didn't trade)
Dead Space - 12
Too Human - 8[/QUOTE]
Huh? Are these TIVs? In this thread? :lol:

[quote name='CHW']Huh? Are these TIVs? In this thread? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I guess he was really excited that he got NHL 10 for cheap. :)

Lol, Sweet! Cause I've heard so many good things about those Pirates of the Caribbean games.
Umm..no..not quite.
This is clearly to try to get rid of them because they will be collecting dust for years to come if they don't.

[quote name='strife18']Lol, Sweet! Cause I've heard so many good things about those Pirates of the Caribbean games.
Umm..no..not quite.
This is clearly to try to get rid of them because they will be collecting dust for years to come if they don't.[/QUOTE]
Not only that, it's the PS2 version, only.

Tony Hawk Proving Ground was a doorcrasher (DOTD) last year. I picked it up last year but traded it in and have been looking for it to drop to $10 again. Will be picking this up later today.

Any confirmation on Friday's deal? I think somebody said it was "Tom Clancy's End War" with the wireless headset, but I haven't heard about the price yet.

It is going to End War w/ headset for 360, don't know how much probably between $35-40. Any less would be a sin. (Headsets are $69.99 by themselves). Might actually have to make the trip today for the Proving Ground, I'll make some calls to see who still has some.

AS OF JULY 29:

Uncharted Drake's Fortune(ps3): 25.00
NCAA 10(360): 35.00
Resistance 2 (ps3): 37.00
Little Big Planet (ps3): 35.00
COD 4 (360): 25.00
Left 4 Dead (360): 25.00
NHL 2k9 (360): 7.00
NHL 09 (360): 15.00
Rock Band 2 (game): 24.00
UFC Undisputed (360): 40.00
Bionic Commando (360): 30.00
Punch Out (wii): 37.00
LoZ: Twighlight Princess (wii): 27.00
Red Faction (360): 35.00
Godfather 2 (360): 28.00
CoD: World At War (360): 30.00
Ratchet & Clank Size Matters (psp): 7.00
MGS Portal Ops Plus (psp): 6.00
Pursuit Force 2 (psp): 5.00
Patapon (psp): 7.00
Resistance Retribution (psp): 7.00
NHL 2007 (psp): 5.00
MLB The Show 08 (psp): 6.00
Killzone Liberation (psp): 7.50

Additional games that qualified for T3G1:
NHL 09 (already listed i know), God of War (psp), The Conduit (wii), Legends of Wrestlemania (360), MLB 2k9 (360). Too Human(360), GTA ChinaTown (ds), FF7 Crisis Core (psp), Amped 3 (360).

...just did it as a one shop stop to clean out my shelves, maybe not the best values available to me, but convenience had a lot to do with it for me. I now have CoD MW2 (hardened), Batman, NHL 10, Halo ODST (collectors), Dragon Age (collectors), Champions Online (pc) all completely prepaid...and still have 216.53.

[quote name='Nukkus']crappest gamedays ever.[/QUOTE]

What about the one a couple months ago? Compared to that, this one was excellent xD

[quote name='ComixZone']AS OF JULY 29:

Uncharted Drake's Fortune(ps3): 25.00
[/QUOTE]

Heh. This is the second time someone's accidentally posted TIVs in here.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Thank you madam!

edit: Man how early do stores open in ottawa?? I'd have to wait till 10am![/QUOTE]

I, too, have to wait til' the tenth hour of thy Eastern Daylight Timezone.

Funny thing is I only remembered this morning that one of the EB's open at 9 because they are in a mall. I'll have to remember this for next time. The rest in Ottawa open at 9:30-10.

[quote name='thegamecubist']What about the one a couple months ago? Compared to that, this one was excellent xD[/QUOTE]

So true... this GameDays sale wasn't great, but unlike the earlier sale it did have a couple of good titles available depending on your preferences.

(Sadly, my only buy was Animal Crossing Wii w/WiiSpeak. Almost a waste, since virtually no Wii games support the WiiSpeak accessory... but my wife loves Animal Crossing enough to make it worthwhile.)

There were a couple of decent deals. I jumped on the MGS4 CE for $10 and the Fallout 3 CE for $30. Couple that with the FS Infamous for $30...I'd say this summer has been fairly good to me for sales.

Just came back from Eb Games, Yorkdale Mall in Toronto. They had about 10-15 left and the LE Endwar was 39.89.

I asked the guy if today was the last day and he said we should have a deal on Saturday and Sunday. I asked him if the deals were going to be good but he didn't know what they were going to be.

Picked up EndWar LE today, $40 for $24 BBV credit and a wireless headset isn't too bad. The CSR said tomorrow would be the last day for the doorcrashers, but who knows really.

I was at Yorkdale today as well, they had what seemed to look like 4-5 copies on the top shelf behind the cash, but they may have had more in the back. I think I may finally keep this copy of EndWar lol

so, what should we maybe expect for tomorrow's deal? it sounds like a secret since it hasnt already been spoiled yet by any inside sources. any guesses?

wario shack it and dragon quest for the wii, also dragon quest for the ds.
3 games for the final day

[quote name='Ranzo']wario shack it and dragon quest for the wii, also dragon quest for the ds.
3 games for the final day[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing, hope they are $10!

[quote name='Ranzo']wario shack it and dragon quest for the wii, also dragon quest for the ds.
3 games for the final day[/QUOTE]
I was just about to use a bunch of Amazon.ca gift cards for Wario Land but I guess I'll save them for something else. Do you know which DQ for DS? I'm guessing IV.

bread's done
Back