[Canada] EB Games: Mirror's Edge (360/PS3) - $29.99

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
This might be a permanent price drop, but Mirror's Edge is only $39.99 now. Amazing game with near limitless replay value. By that I mean you actually have more fun on subsequent playthroughs. Your second and third run are usually even more exhilirating than your first! One of the better platformers this generation for sure.

Advantages:
- 360: None
- PS3: 1 free DLC map
- PC (not on sale as far as I know): PhysX by Nvidia and obviously looks freaking amazing if you have the rig for it

All platforms have a $10 DLC map pack with really awesome abstract levels.

Game Trailer: http://www.vimeo.com/989107
Map Pack Trailer: http://www.vimeo.com/2425217

Update: $29.99 at EB Games

Last edited by a moderator:
Compared the demos and thought the 360 looked nicer... fewer jaggies, to be sure. That said, had I known about the free map, I probably would have gone for the PS3 version.

Either way, I LOVED this game. Thought it was one of the most underrated of last year. Pick it up!

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Compared the demos and thought the 360 looked nicer... fewer jaggies, to be sure. That said, had I known about the free map, I probably would have gone for the PS3 version.

Either way, I LOVED this game. Thought it was one of the most underrated of last year. Pick it up![/quote]Yeah, I can't believe the one game I would get the DLC for is the one game that has PS3 exclusive DLC =P I got the 360 version before I got my PS3.

Probably played the demo for 360 20 times. Still haven't played the full game though...but I'm still gonna wait till

[quote name='Spades22']Probably played the demo for 360 20 times. Still haven't played the full game though...but I'm still gonna wait till

I would recommend renting this. I rented it about a month ago and it is really short. Beat it in 6hrs max. Its a nice game, but was over too quickly

[quote name='ju5tbringit']FYI, just got this for $29.99 at EB new.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this.

This is gonna be my next 360 game purchase. Wanted to play it since last year, but it was a bit too expensive. $30 is reasonable.

[quote name='thegamecubist']This is gonna be my next 360 game purchase. Wanted to play it since last year, but it was a bit too expensive. $30 is reasonable.[/quote]

Agreed. I'll have to go pick this up soon.

Pretty solid title, fun demo, reviews hurt its sales pretty bad I think. Definitely has potential if the game gets fleshed out a bit more, I'd love to see an improved Mirrors Edge 2. I wouldn't pick it up for 30 personally but I'd grab it for 19.99 for sure. That's mainly cuz, like others, I have a ton to play and no time for any of it anyway :p

Argh, picked this up at full cost back at release time and it's still in plastic due to too many games to play! Got it with a trade 3 deal at EB Games, but still....wish I had waited :bomb:

[quote name='MoFuzz']Argh, picked this up at full cost back at release time and it's still in plastic due to too many games to play! Got it with a trade 3 deal at EB Games, but still....wish I had waited :bomb:[/quote]

My story exactly too. I've vowed now never to buy single player oriented games on launch, even if it's a trade 3. Unless they have something like Fable or Fallout in the title, they will drop pretty quickly.

On the plus side, you could keep it another 10 years and hopefully it will be valuable as a 'factory sealed original new L@@K' XD

The game was released in November...and it was sitting in plastic the whole time, when you KNEW it was sure to drop in a few months since most games have a price drop within 6 months of release? Some of your guys' logic makes no sense :lol:

[quote name='Spades22']The game was released in November...and it was sitting in plastic the whole time, when you KNEW it was sure to drop in a few months since most games have a price drop within 6 months of release? Some of your guys' logic makes no sense :lol:[/quote]

Most third-party games (esp. EA and Ubisoft) drop fast IMO. Exceptions are first-party titles, CoD, and Fallout.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Most third-party games (esp. EA and Ubisoft) drop fast IMO. Exceptions are first-party titles, CoD, and Fallout.[/quote]

Ya thats what I was saying in the post...don't know why you quoted it XD
For the most part I wait for my games. Stuff like Halo 3 and CoD4 I picked up day 1 cause saving 20 bucks in a year isn't worth the wait.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Yeah I'm still waiting for COD4 to drop to $29.99 or less. (And none of that clearance nonsense, either)[/quote]

considering they sold 12 million
they could release a platinum hits edition .

[quote name='Spades22']Ya thats what I was saying in the post...don't know why you quoted it XD
For the most part I wait for my games. Stuff like Halo 3 and CoD4 I picked up day 1 cause saving 20 bucks in a year isn't worth the wait.[/quote]

I provided examples while you were a little more vague. ;)

bread's done
Back