[Canada] EB Games: Trade 2 + $10 Get it Free

Yesterday I traded the following

Trauma Centre New Blood (Wii)
Gears of War (360)
Transformers (PS3)
Dead Rising (360)

I'd had Gears for a little while, but the rest I picked up for $15 each at Blockbuster and a local game store. Not the greatest discount, but I've got Mirror's Edge and Call of Duty: World at War paid off now and that (plus the other games I've already got) pretty much has me capped for the holiday season. Wooooo!

Ninja gaiden sigma
warhawk

I trade those for Resistance 2

and the store manager say to me there a law in Quebec that you need french instruction and french on the back of the game, if not they can't sell it

which mean I can't have my Valkyria Chronicle (delay or not coming to Quebec at all)

[quote name='Firestorm']Oh god I'm sooo rusty with these deals. I forgot to check after buying two games from BBV and one has no instructions. Let's hope they're loose at EB. It was Lost Planet: Extreme Condition ($10). Also picked up Harry Potter & OotP ($15). TIVs.ca Mobile is a big help! Although I think I'd prefer if the date was shown beside it at the very least =([/quote]

noob ;)

Wow, I have around 24 games that are eligible for this.
I plan on trading in around 6-8 of them tonight for GoW 2 LE, and some other games.

Traded in the following today: >$8
top spin 3 PS3
trauma 2 WII
dynasty warriors gundam 360
flatout: u.c. 360
tony hawk: proving grounds 360
dirt 360

also EB got in their yellow bags for mirror's edge.

[quote name='habsfan08']Ninja gaiden sigma
warhawk

I trade those for Resistance 2

and the store manager say to me there a law in Quebec that you need french instruction and french on the back of the game, if not they can't sell it

which mean I can't have my Valkyria Chronicle (delay or not coming to Quebec at all)[/quote]

Where was this?
EB (Les Ailes / McGill) said it is in tomorrow.

[quote name='projectkuro']Where was this?
EB (Les Ailes / McGill) said it is in tomorrow.[/quote]

dix/30 at brossard

[quote name='gmoney1234567890']Winnipeg EB
ssx blur
ninja reflex
nights: journey of dreams
boom blox. all wii. all worth >$8. Traded towards prince of persia and mirror's edge[/quote]

I thought Prince of Persia is coming out in December. December 2nd or so... So they are letting you preorder for non-November releases? It might be YMMV.

[quote name='projectkuro']Where was this?
EB (Les Ailes / McGill) said it is in tomorrow.[/quote]

update, I call them, they say they didn't recieve it yet and they don't know when, but maybe next week

[quote name='danthemightyone']I thought Prince of Persia is coming out in December. December 2nd or so... So they are letting you preorder for non-November releases? It might be YMMV.[/quote]

I was able to do it as well, but they're pretty flexible here (and I think they're getting to know me too well with all the trading and pre-ordering).

Also my eb didn't have the mirror's edge bag in yet :(

just traded in godfather ps3, and warhawk for a cod5 preorder, regarding prince of persia, its actually on the "November new releases 2+9.99" flyers and posters even though its only coming out in december, strange

Dead rising 360 still works
and
wii excite truck is still $22
got resistence collectors

also, got a left4dead code.

The backlog of games grows :???:

I was able to pick up Quantum of Solace & Resistance 2, also pre-ordered The Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead & Tomb Raider Underworld

Thanks OP great deals all around, got a few friends at work taking advantage of this aswell to pick up some titles

Big Shout out to my local EB games Manager who is also a member of CAG...sorry for the stack of games :)

Just traded in Guitar Hero 2 (Game only) for Xbox 360 and Assassins Creed (Xbox 360) for Prince of Persia.

[quote name='Encrypt']I was able to pick up Quantum of Solace & Resistance 2, also pre-ordered The Last Remnant, Left 4 Dead & Tomb Raider Underworld

Thanks OP great deals all around, got a few friends at work taking advantage of this aswell to pick up some titles

Big Shout out to my local EB games Manager who is also a member of CAG...sorry for the stack of games :)[/quote]

What's her/his name on CAG??????

I traded in Ridge Racer 7 ($10) and DMC 4 ($15) for Resistance 2 at McGill Complexe Des Ailes today.

[quote name='CaptainCharismaCCC']whole deal is YMMV now.

Queen/Spadina stop doing the deal today (they had it during the weekend).

Looks like stores are now deciding personally whether they want to participate or not even though its in the flyer.[/quote]

Wow, what bullshit. This was the location I was planning on going to tomorrow. This location impressed me alot when they first opened, but now it is just 'meh'.

Has anyone had luck with the PSP for $19.99 promo, or this promo in Toronto?

Ok, I just posted this in RFD just to be fair, but to my fellow CAGers know this: I went to the Woodbine Centre EB Games and there's a new manager there who really needs to know his store's policies. He wouldn't let me do the Trade 2 + $9.99 for new releases for November cause, in his own words, "You need to do this 2 weeks in advance, preferably 3 for my store." I smelt bs here, so I went to the Rexdale EB Games and talked to the nice manager there named Jeff. I told him what happened and he was totally shocked at what happened to me. Well, I traded in my games at his store and never going back to the Woodbine one.

Ok, enough ranting, here's what I traded in and the prices I paid for them initially:

Xbox360
F.E.A.R. Files --> paid $9.99 awhile ago at BBV--> got $10/11 from EB

Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars --> got from Game Centre downtown T.O. for $14.99 --> got $8 from EB

Battlestations: Midway--> got from BBV for $9.99 sometime ago--> got $11 from EB

Nintendo Wii
Sonic Riders--> paid $14.99 at BBV --> got $11 from EB

Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix --> paid $9.99 from BBV-> got $10/11 from EB

Battalion Wars II -->paid $14.99 at BBV --> got $17 from EB

Star Trek: Conquest--> paid $9.99 at BBV--> got $7 from EB

Nintendo DS
Dragon Quest Monsters:Joker-->paid $18 at Game Centre awhile ago-->got $6 from EB

All-in-all, pre-ordered Tales of Symphonia(Wii) for my sister and her hubby, and pre-ordered Halo Wars for myself (traded in 3). As for the rest, I used as credit to pre-order Luminous Arc 2 for DS.

Becareful guys of the Woodbine one. The new manager there I guess still doesn't know all the ropes. However, this is the 2nd time that something went wrong at his store. Back in August I tried to do some trades but he wouldn't accept some of mine cause they were too old. I also smelt bs so I went to the Rexdale EB and all of them were great. I let that problem go for the first time, but since I talked to the manager of the Rexdale one, I think it's about time I contact EB's head office and tell them of my experiences. Would hate to see that guy get fired, cause apparently he needs the job, but maybe just a word or two will correct him of his mistakes.

Peace! v

Just traded in

Wii - Major League Baseball 2K8
PS3 - Turning Point: fall of Liberty - $11

They wouldn't let me pre-order WWE Smackdown since its out (???), but they did let me put another $50 towards my Guitar Hero Super Bundle pre-order (since it hasn't arrvied yet).

Between the $99 I got before, this $50, and the $59.99 I'll get from my other copy of Smackdown, I'll have the entire game paid for. Sure, there was the initial investment of visiting lots of BBV (and getting the evil eye from an RFD hoarder at one point, I think), but getting just over 50% off the game sure was worth it. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tigerhawk33']
Nintendo DS
Dragon Quest Monsters:Joker-->paid $18 at Game Centre awhile ago-->got $6 from EB[/quote]

Damn! I was going to trade this in tonight for Gears! Oh well, thanks for posting it... because I wasn't going to bring more than two games with me.

[quote name='craig64']Damn! I was going to trade this in tonight for Gears! Oh well, thanks for posting it... because I wasn't going to bring more than two games with me.[/QUOTE]
Same here, oh well guess I'll need to find something else.

im thinking of trading cod4(paid 20 bux for it) and mgs4(came with bundle) for that 9.99 deal. i think its a good deal. is it guys or do anybody have better trades?

CoD4 is about $25 and MGS4 is about $20 at EB. So if you traded it in seperately, you'd get $45. If you did this deal, you'd be getting $50. CoD4 gets no additional value by trading in for this deal, MGS4 only gets $5 more. I'd just use another game with MGS4 if you have it and trade in CoD4 seperately.

[quote name='Firestorm']CoD4 is about $25 and MGS4 is about $20 at EB. So if you traded it in seperately, you'd get $45. If you did this deal, you'd be getting $50. CoD4 gets no additional value by trading in for this deal, MGS4 only gets $5 more. I'd just use another game with MGS4 if you have it and trade in CoD4 seperately.[/quote]

k thank you, is assasins creed acceptble? cuz then i would do mgs4 with AS .

then trade in cod4 :)

To answer my own post above; Queen and Spadina location is doing it, they have signs everywhere. I did the trade 6 for $19.99 PSP bundle there as well.

You might have issues with a couple of employees (although there is at least one nice employee left at this location) that really like to question whether, or not it's still going on.

These are the same employees that basically yelled at me when I told them I not want their 'protection plan' on a DS game; they shoot back 'DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE [appreciation for protection plan] IS?' Why, yes, I do know what is it (yes, I always let them give me their little speech). And no, I don't want it. :roll:

[quote name='Bencherstyle']k thank you, is assasins creed acceptble? cuz then i would do mgs4 with AS .

then trade in cod4 :)[/quote]It was but I'm hearing it might have dropped to as of today? Try it.

Thanks OP!!
I traded in:
Trauma Center(DS)
Touch Detective 2 1/2
PDZ LE
Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian(360)
I got Little Big Planet and pre-ordered Mirror's Edge

Assassins Creed is still $11, checked today while trading in other things.

I traded Crisis Core and Elite Beat Agents for Gears of War 2
I also traded Rune Factory and The World Ends With You for my Left 4 Dead pre-order.
Pretty great promo if you ask me.

I already have a pre-order towards CoD for 15 bucks. Is it worth while for me to do this deal for it, or should I just trade in more games towards it, or what.

[quote name='Adams_Mom']I already have a pre-order towards CoD for 15 bucks. Is it worth while for me to do this deal for it, or should I just trade in more games towards it, or what.[/quote]

Well you could probably just do the trade in 2 and use that $15 towards CoD5 (which is $65 almost everywhere).

EDIT: Forgot to talk about my haul :)
Traded Eternal Sonata (not as good as I wanted it to be v_v), Skate, Grid (see ES) and Gears of War for Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead pre-order (with $20, obviously). The guy at EB Hyde Park rules. He didn't seem to care about release date (said I could pick up any $50+ game and even suggested Spore).

[quote name='Bencherstyle']do they let u pick some games from oct?[/quote]
Pretty sure it's YMMV, but mine suggested Dead Space, Fable II and Fallout 3 when I was debating what to get next (all of which I had, of course).

[quote name='fourkkids']So this isn't going happen in the US?[/quote]
Deals similar to thsi have been happening in Canada for over a year and has never happened in the US. So don't bet on it.

[quote name='Firestorm']Deals similar to thsi have been happening in Canada for over a year and has never happened in the US. So don't bet on it.[/quote]

Actually, a lot longer than that 2-3 years......

Oh I love this deal! I just traded in 6 games I wasn't ever going to play again, and completely paid off Left 4 Dead and Naruto Broken Bond, plus I picked up Gears of War 2... oh, this is just awesome!

Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition (360) $11
Unreal Tournament 3 (360) $13
Gears Of War (360) $11
Flatout (360) $8
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) $11
Ghost Squad (Wii) $11

These are all of 12 November. After playing the Left 4 Dead demo last night I had to go preorder it!

[quote name='craig64']Oh I love this deal! I just traded in 6 games I wasn't ever going to play again, and completely paid off Left 4 Dead and Naruto Broken Bond, plus I picked up Gears of War 2... oh, this is just awesome!

Perfect Dark Zero Limited Edition (360) $11
Unreal Tournament 3 (360) $13
Gears Of War (360) $11
Flatout (360) $8
Resident Evil 4 (Wii) $11
Ghost Squad (Wii) $11

These are all of 12 November. After playing the Left 4 Dead demo last night I had to go preorder it![/quote]

RE4 and Ghost Squad work now? I thought they were

Yup, they both worked for me. I wasn't sure about Ghost Squad, and the employee even said "I doubt this'll work, but I'll try", and it was worth $11. They definitely work for this deal though.

I think they might be bumping up the TIV (original one in their system) to attract more people. I see lots of green up arrows in tivs.ca now.

I have checked Harry Potter: OotP (PS3) TIV twice myself. It was $8 last Friday. It's now $11 (as of yesterday).

bread's done
Back