[Canada]EB Games: Trade 2 for NHL2K9 Wii pre-order

I'm tempted on this one, but I haven't heard of any news on the game yet (positive or negative). Anyone know of anything regarding this game?

[quote name='Ranzo']also several other games as well, nhl 09 madden i think tiger woods.[/quote]
Trade 2 or 3? Also is it wii only or all three?

[quote name='lisdoncca']Fine prints and the picture state «trade 2»[/quote]
I know, I was talking about the games Ranzo posted...

[quote name='Ranzo']also several other games as well, nhl 09 madden i think tiger woods.[/quote]That's interesting. NHL 09 isn't even on the Wii is it? So I assume it's for 360/PS3 versions?

If it was for 360 I'd probably do it. I don't know how much fun a hockey game on the Wii would be... and even if it is fun, I don't think it would be worth playing online if there's no voice chat.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']http://c.imagehost.org/download/0557/1_9.tiff

Fine print doesn't say Wii version only, but I guess it will scan for just the Wii version. Normal trade-deal restrictions apply. Only current-gen games (no PS2).[/QUOTE]

sorry can you fill me in? They don't take PS2 trade-in anymore? Current-gen as 360, Wii and PS3?

[quote name='jeffx']sorry can you fill me in? They don't take PS2 trade-in anymore? Current-gen as 360, Wii and PS3?[/quote]

Only games from PS3, 360, Wii, DS, PSP with a TIV of $8

trade 2? wii only? more details please :) i alreayd have nhl / nfl preordered but 2k9 for wii and even tiger would be nice

i was told its only for the wii 2k9 game. the fine print doesnt need to specify for the wii version only, when the title of the add says "towards the wii version".
Can ranzo confirm its for all the sports games? i was told the rest are trade 3.

Found this somewhere:
2j0xyir.jpg

So yeah, pay extra $10

So I am going to assume that you can trade two for Tiger Woods '09 on the wii.....even though I still haven't seen a poster advertising that fact...I was actually told by two stores that there was no such deal...grr lol

If anyone trades two for TW 09 for the Wii and it works let me know. I plan on heading into EB next week and if that is the case I will trade in for that game for sure.

[quote name='Thirteen Green']If anyone trades two for TW 09 for the Wii and it works let me know. I plan on heading into EB next week and if that is the case I will trade in for that game for sure.[/quote]

No go for me at a couple of stores. When I asked about the deal I was looked at as if I had just given birth.

[quote name='supergrover99']No go for me at a couple of stores. When I asked about the deal I was looked at as if I had just given birth.[/quote]

lol....well I guess I will just have to try it out next week when I head into the big city...lol, if not I will just get the PS3 version I guess.

grover go back and tell them to look it up, promos are usually chainwide, this one is for sure. There is a poster like the picture in the thread with phaneuf woods and farve and if you trade 2 you will get it for 9.99

infact you should be able to trade 2 and 9.99 it for any trade 3 title, its jsut how it works.

[quote name='JnJosh']
infact you should be able to trade 2 and 9.99 it for any trade 3 title, its jsut how it works.[/quote]

most stores don't realize that you can do the trade 3 with one or two games.

$69.99 / 3 = $23.33 Each game is bumped up. If you only have one game over $8 you can still use it on those select titles and have that one game turned into $23.33.. get me?

[quote name='Ranzo']most stores don't realize that you can do the trade 3 with one or two games.

$69.99 / 3 = $23.33 Each game is bumped up. If you only have one game over $8 you can still use it on those select titles and have that one game turned into $23.33.. get me?[/quote]...
How come I was never aware of this.
;_;

Does this apply to the Trade 3 for Free weekends too?

[quote name='Firestorm']...
How come I was never aware of this.
;_;

Does this apply to the Trade 3 for Free weekends too?[/quote]

I would assume. The only difference is that select titles are all titles.

[quote name='Ranzo']most stores don't realize that you can do the trade 3 with one or two games.

$69.99 / 3 = $23.33 Each game is bumped up. If you only have one game over $8 you can still use it on those select titles and have that one game turned into $23.33.. get me?[/quote]

Jeepers, thanks for the head's up! :D

$69.99 / 3 = $23.33 Each game is bumped up. If you only have one game over $8 you can still use it on those select titles and have that one game turned into $23.33.. get me?[/quote]

I have had 2 games before that qualified and one that was $7 and told that if I wanted I could trade each game separately at the price in the system towards the game but, I wouldn't get the bump up. I guess I should be a little more persistent next time.

[quote name='JnJosh']grover go back and tell them to look it up, promos are usually chainwide, this one is for sure. There is a poster like the picture in the thread with phaneuf woods and farve and if you trade 2 you will get it for 9.99

infact you should be able to trade 2 and 9.99 it for any trade 3 title, its jsut how it works.[/quote]

I actually waited while one guy looked it up. After about 10 mins of waiting he told me to call around some other stores because that location was definitely not doing it. I did and got a similar response. It kinda sucks that some stores are so slow at acknowledging promotions.

sweet

I did trade 3 for NHL 09, now I can change that to fallout 3 :applause:

edit: oh an 10$, seeing how the most I'll spend on a trade 3 game is 10$ it's not as good. Still nice to only have to find 2 qualifying games though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back