Canada: EB/Gamestop Fable2/GOW2 14.99 used!!

jacksak

CAG Veteran
Hi All,
Sorry if this is a repost, but I was in my local EB/Gamestop today (Nova Scotia) and saw Fable 2 for 14.99 used (it's on for 19.99 new in the Boxing week flyer). Since Halo 3, Halo Wars and GOW2 are on for 19.99 new as well, I took a chance and asked about a used Gears of War 2 copy and it was 14.99 as well (but not marked down)! Not sure if this is also the case for Halo 3 and Halo Wars (have these already), but if this isn't a ymmv deal, then it's a good compromise for those who missed the Amazon 10$ deals...

guess I'm just a cheaper ass than most....
Especially since the used copies were in like-new condition...
:)

I'd say it's worth it to pick them up used, so long as they're in good condition. If you're saving $5, plus the edge discount, you're doing pretty good for yourself if you ask me. Nice find.

Talking to the manager of my local EB/gamestop again today---halo wars and fight night round 4 (360) on for 14.99 used as well...
(he thinks that the fight night 4 is just today...Dec 28)

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I got Halo Wars by itself today for $10.99. The edge card discount is taken from the regular used price of $40.[/QUOTE]

This was the same for me buying Fable II used; it's totaled $11.88 after tax. Needless to say, that was a hard price to pass up.

confirmed at the brentwood eb in burnaby,
I got Fable 2 used for $10.50 and halo wars used for $10.50

I had to buy the games separate cause when he tried to scan them both in together it would only give me the discount for one game, so if your buying a few games like me, make sure you get the right discount or just do 2 separate transactions

Has anyone seen Fable 2 Platinum Hits Edition in Canada? It's on most US sites but not one Canadian, I called EB today and they had no idea that it even existed.

It's called Platinum Hits, not Game of the Year Edition. Same thing happened with Mass Effect, instead of the Game of the Year Edition, they released a Platinum Hits with the DLC included.

[quote name='Firestorm']Whaaat.
All these games apply for Trade 3 ._.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because they're back up in price now..

Fable 2 - $45 used
Gears 2 - $40 used
Halo 3 - $35 used
Halo Wars - $40 used

Fable 2 is $14.99 used at FS and Gears of War 2 is $14.99 used at BB for any of you who missed out on all of the BW sales

[quote name='game_fanatic']It's called Platinum Hits, not Game of the Year Edition. Same thing happened with Mass Effect, instead of the Game of the Year Edition, they released a Platinum Hits with the DLC included.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/data/974091.html is europe throwing me off? i dont really follow xbox, just recall hearing GOTY for fable2, just like there's GOTY for fallout3 & littlebigplanet (the only 'hits' game i remember getting all dlcs is midnight club, it went GH/PH for both consoles right?)

bread's done
Back