[Canada] EB/GS Power Trade (+50% TIV towards these games)

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
EB is currently offering "Power Trades" where you get a 50% bump in TIV if you trade in towards the following games.

Any TIV is valid, doesn't have to be above $8.

You should not probably not try to switch pre-orders of these games since they are on the lookout for people try to do so. But you might get away with it if you're willing to risk getting banned.

Usually PTs are valid one week before release to 3-5 days after release

April Power Trades

04/06 Borderlands Double Game Add-On 360 $24.99
04/13 GTA Episodes from Liberty City PS3 $49.99
04/20 Monster Hunter Wii $54.99 (or $49.99 with pre-order - not sure if this stacks with PT)
04/27 Dead to Rights 360/PS3 $64.99
04/27 Fifa World 2010 360/PS3 $69.99
04/27 Super Street Fighter 4 360/PS3 $44.99
04/28 Nier 360 $69.99/PS3 $64.99 (something probably wrong there)

Old Expired Power Trades

03/02 Supreme Commander 2
03/02 MLB 10 The Show
03/05 MLB 2K10
03/16 Resonance of Fate
03/16 Moto GP 10
03/16 Dragon Age: Awakening
03/16 Metro 2033
03/23 Red Steel 2
03/23 Just Cause 2

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing 360/PS3 - $54.99 - Feb 28
Endless Ocean: Blue World Wii - $34.99 - Feb 28
Dementium 2 DS - $34.99
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth DS $34.99
MAG PS3 +50% before Jan 26; +25% Jan 26-Jan31
White Knight Chronicles PS3 - $59.99 - Feb 7
Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll Wii $49.99 - Feb 14
Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International PS3 - $64.99 - Feb 14
Aliens vs Predator 360/PS3 - $64.99 Feb 21

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are starting to see a trend. Same thing happenned to me, games being refused for X or Y reason. Bottom line is, each store has to follow the EBGames Canada policies and with all these crazy deals lately, they are probably struggling to balance their income. Because of that they try to trick you into not abusing them.

Chances are if people keep hoarding, these deals will soon disappear. These is no know that they can keep going on like this if it take EBGames Canada 2 months to figure out they are so wrong with their TIVS (i.e. My Weight Loss Coach)

Lately, when going to the store I have seen an increase in about 500% of the trades. Before no one was trading, now everyone is doing T3 each time Im there.

[quote name='JnJosh']HAHAHAHA, ask him to show you where it states you can't put that game (or games from that have been out 'too long') What a $$$$$$, I would have asked to speak to the manager, and if he was the manager I would have asked for the district manager's number. What a douche bag.

going too put AVP ps3 / forza 3 towards some PTs today. hope they dont refuse them, they're over a week old.[/QUOTE]

Hey Josh how'd you like AvP in terms of single-player?

can you still do a powertrade for a game that is out today? or later?
read a post at RFD and a person says the poster claims its preorder or purchase

might want to do mw2 for mlb10 but.. rather get ff13.. but its not powertrade able

[quote name='game_fanatic']Hey Josh how'd you like AvP in terms of single-player?[/QUOTE]

I honestly never touched it. I gave it to my brother with the intentions of putting it towards another power trade. He didn't mention it to me, so that means its nothing like cod (to him, the greatest game ever).

Unfortunately my 360 copy is still sealed, and remains untouched for the time being. Too much backlog!

I went to a different EB and powertraded Halo: ODST no problem. The rep only tried to talk me out of it because of the Halo: Reach beta.

For GTA CAGs, it was the Scarborough Town Centre EB that refused me (rep wasn't wearing a nametag, but he was a chubby guy with blondish hair). GameStop at Morningside Crossing put the trade through.

Got myself a copy of MLB 10 today (pre-ordered with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2) and got a Power Trade lined up for Just Cause 2. I used Dante's Inferno and after the PT got $56 for it. I was more than happy to take that for a mediocre game I'd never play again.

Question about the Power Trade: if you bring in a stack of games and trade them towards a PT game, if you have enough credit with some of the games to pay off a PT game, would the remaining games you trade in also get the 50% boost?

[quote name='thegamecubist']Question about the Power Trade: if you bring in a stack of games and trade them towards a PT game, if you have enough credit with some of the games to pay off a PT game, would the remaining games you trade in also get the 50% boost?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, not anymore. Titles only get bumped until the value of the game has been reached.

[quote name='game_fanatic'] [quote name='thegamecubist']Question about the Power Trade: if you bring in a stack of games and trade them towards a PT game, if you have enough credit with some of the games to pay off a PT game, would the remaining games you trade in also get the 50% boost?[/QUOTE] AFAIK, not anymore. Titles only get bumped until the value of the game has been reached.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah. I remember when I wanted 2 abuse it (so I could save up credit for a new 360), when I was told they got wise to that.

Anyone have a link to where it says resonanc of fate is a power trade as local eb says it is not and they need proof that it is ...

Unless someone scans their marketing info kit (MIK), there is no link to prove it. If your local store wants to deny that it's present in their papers, you cannot do much except take their papers and open it for them.

Nope. The one power trade I did was done manually. And I think I had to remind the clerk as well.

I had problems with gamestop and powertrading RoF. So I went to an EB and it went through fine. Traded AC2 and Jericho for it.

Yeah sometimes the powertrade doesn't work automatically. KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS!

Thank God I kept mine 'cause I didn't get any PT money.

The guys at EB just said to bring in the receipt and they'll rectify the problem.

I just did PT with RoF. It didn't work automatically, the CSR had to input some code. He said I didn't have to keep my receipt though, once it is in the system then it is fine.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']I just did PT with RoF. It didn't work automatically, the CSR had to input some code. He said I didn't have to keep my receipt though, once it is in the system then it is fine.[/QUOTE]

You'd be crazy not to keep it until you get your game :lol:

Actually I have never pre-ordered game from retailers before, so I specifically asked if I need to bring my receipt (I also pointed out the name on receipt didn't match my ID). All 3 CSRs at the time responded at the same time " just bring ur id, receipts doesn't do anything".

I will keep it though, just in case :D

They're lying. EB just tried to screw me out of the $5 price drop on FF13, and I needed that receipt on hand to get my overpayment back.

Thought I should bring this back.
I wanted to power trade GOW3 for Resonance Of Fate (since I just missed out on the GG). Is it still eligible until the end of the month, or is it only a couple days after the games release?

[quote name='ragnar14']They're lying. EB just tried to screw me out of the $5 price drop on FF13, and I needed that receipt on hand to get my overpayment back.[/QUOTE]

YMMV, I got $5 back on a gift card when I got the game, and when I returned it as a GG, they gave me the full $69.99 on my EDGE card.

Can someone tell me how returning a power trade game works?

I am going to pick up Just Cause 2 at EB tomorrow, but I already bought it at Wal-Mart.

Problem is I had it preordered before the Wal-Mart deal, and power traded GTAIV and Zelda Wii, pretty much paid it off. But there isn't any more power trade games available to switch too and I don't want to lose my credit.

Any ideas?

The store in my area didn't offer power trade for Resonance of Fate, so I went with Metro 2033. Does it even exist or did the guy screw up?

[quote name='Bad7667']Can someone tell me how returning a power trade game works?

I am going to pick up Just Cause 2 at EB tomorrow, but I already bought it at Wal-Mart.

Problem is I had it preordered before the Wal-Mart deal, and power traded GTAIV and Zelda Wii, pretty much paid it off. But there isn't any more power trade games available to switch too and I don't want to lose my credit.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

They generally won't let you return it, but if you're nice, maybe they'll let you switch it to a PT next month? I think the new list should be out soon, if not already.

[quote name='Gxgear']The store in my area didn't offer power trade for Resonance of Fate, so I went with Metro 2033. Does it even exist or did the guy screw up?[/QUOTE]

RoF ended the day before the game was released according to my Gamestop....but I already went to an EB to do the PT anyways. They kind of told me really late. I wish GS had called me instead.

[quote name='Bad7667']Can someone tell me how returning a power trade game works?

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

I had power trades toward Just Cause 2 at two different EBs. The first one let me cancel it no problem and switch the credit to Blur, which isn't a power trade. The second store went by the book, and only let me exchange it for another Power Trade game - Red Steel 2. I'm just gonna wait a few days, then return it at a different store.

[quote name='Ninja Robot Pirate']I had power trades toward Just Cause 2 at two different EBs. The first one let me cancel it no problem and switch the credit to Blur, which isn't a power trade. The second store went by the book, and only let me exchange it for another Power Trade game - Red Steel 2. I'm just gonna wait a few days, then return it at a different store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. I'll try that tomorrow.

Was able to check out the April power trades at my local EBgames.

I remember seeing 50% Boosts on trade in's for:

Borderlands : Expansion Pack
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Super Street Fighter 4

[quote name='Xephon']Was able to check out the April power trades at my local EBgames.

I remember seeing 50% Boosts on trade in's for:

Borderlands : Expansion Pack
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Super Street Fighter 4[/QUOTE]

I will be definately down for SSF4!! CAn't wait. When do the power trades start?

You usually can pre-order them whenever, but power-trading is only available a week before release.

EDIT: my local EB told me we can start PTing for any game as of April 4th. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated first post with April's power trades

04/20 Monster Hunter Wii $54.99 (or $49.99 with pre-order - not sure if this stacks with PT)
04/28 Nier 360 $69.99/PS3 $64.99 (something probably wrong there)

SSFIV is one of the best power trades ever. It'll probably the power trade i actually keep.
(the other ones i just sold for $40 since i didn't like them that much).

Was able to PT for Nier (PS3) using AC2 + $4.99 edge cred. They had to enter it manually.

[quote name='TripleQ']Updated first post with April's power trades

04/28 Nier 360 $69.99/PS3 $64.99 (something probably wrong there)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Powertrade stars april 4th, you were only lucky[/QUOTE]

But, the two places i went to to ask about power trade knew about it yesterday.

& i managed 2 successfully preorder 2 copies of SSFIV

I guess so, but I called ahead of time (wanted to dump AS2 asap), when I got there CSR was putting up the new poster of PTs for April.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Powertrade stars april 4th, you were only
lucky[/QUOTE]

I was able to dump another copy of ac2 yday. Right at 9 too. Good to have friends at EB. I hope the tiv holds for tmrw too. Trying to build credit for a new elite to replace my overused falcon pro :)

if it was 40$ at 9 it should still be come saturday, come sunday and even monday.

but it was part of the most wanted list, which keeps the trade in values and changes them automatically come the date that is on the most wanted flyer. 3rd of april i believe.

Hope i can grab one for 25 bucks at my local fs and swap it for a copy of monster hunter or dead to rights

bread's done
Back