[Canada] [EB] May 2010 Promos

TripleQ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
It's arcade racing month! (Blur, Split Second, ModNation Racers)

Promos start Sunday May 2

More promos to come as info becomes available.

Power Trades *CONFIRMED*
- Get 50% extra credit when you trade in towards these games. Usually valid for pre-orders and until the Sunday following release.

5/5 - 64.99 - Iron Man 2 - Until 5/9
5/18 - 69.99 - Alan Wake (89.99 Limited Edition)
5/18 - 59.99 - Split Second
5/18 - 44.99 - Trauma Team
5/25 - 59.99 - ModNation Racers
5/25 - 69.99 - Blur
6/1 - 59.99 - Alpha Protocol
6/1 - 54.99 - Morphx

Gaming Guarantees - get full retail value (in store credit) back when trading back in a pre-order within 7 days

5/11 - 69.99 - Skate 3
5/18 - 59.99 - Red Dead Redemption
5/18 - 64.99 - Lost Planet 2

*note* UFC 2010 is NOT a GG anymore. Check with your local store if you have one pre-ordered to see if they will honor it.

Trade 5, Get 2 Free - Trade any 5 $8+ TIV games for 2 of the following
Skate 3
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
Lost Planet 2

Trade 3 - Trade any 3 $8+ TIV games for the following
5/5 Iron Man 2
5/11 Skate 3
5/18 Red Dead Redemption
5/18 Lost Planet 2
5/18 Split Second
5/18 Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
5/23 Super Mario Galaxy 2
5/25 UFC 2010
5/25 ModNation Racers
5/25 Blur

May Most Wanted Games

$30 Trade Credit
Metro 2033 for Xbox 360
Dirt 2 for Xbox 360 and PS3
Resonance of Fate for PS3
Yakuza 3 for PS3
Just Cause 2 for Xbox 360 and PS3
Resonance of Fate for PS3
Heavy Rain for PS3

$25 Trade Credit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for Wii
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games for Wii
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for Wii

$22 Trade Credit
Mario Super Sluggers for Wii
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for Wii

$20 Trade Credit
Cabala's Big Game Hunter 2010 for Xbox 360
Divinity 2: Ego Draconis for Xbox 360
Tales of Vesperia for Xbox 360
Animal Crossing: City Folk for Wii
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop for Wii

$15 Trade Credit
Left 4 Dead 2 for Xbox 360
Shin Megami Tensei Journey DS
Pokemon Platinium DS

Other Promos
Get $20 TIV when you trade a $8+ tiv game towards a used 49.99+ game (i.e. TIV gets bumped to $20, not a bonus on top of original TIV)
$150 TIV on Wii Console

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I'll power trade a $35-40 TIV game for ModNation Racers and try to find two $8 TIVs to pair up with Super Mario Galaxy for SMG2. If it gets good reviews, maybe I'll power trade for Alpha Protocol.

Also, that $20 bonus TIV will come in very handy at some point next month.

It's good to see that Alpha Protocol is down to $60 instead of hovering at $65 like recent SEGA games. And is that Trade 5 for two (Skate 3, Lost Planet 2, POP...) thing for real?

[quote name='Mr.']It's good to see that Alpha Protocol is down to $60 instead of hovering at $65 like recent SEGA games. And is that Trade 5 for two (Skate 3, Lost Planet 2, POP...) thing for real?[/QUOTE]

It's for real. It's on those three games only, standard requirements for a trade promo.

There is also a trade 5 for 2 deal on a select 3 games. I don't remember which 3 games though and wii system trade will be worth $150 (not bad)

[quote name='Median']It's for real. It's on those three games only, standard requirements for a trade promo.[/QUOTE]

Is it on PS3 and 360 or just one of them? Is there a link where i can get more details?

[quote name='strife18']Anyone know if there is any deals for trading in systems?[/QUOTE]

$150 TIV for Wii Console.. updated first post

[quote name='Super Strokey']Is it on PS3 and 360 or just one of them? Is there a link where i can get more details?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. I imagine there'll be an email or an ad when the next marketing period starts on Sunday. I don't recall seeing anything saying it was for a particular system, but I can't 100% remember. It'd be weird if it were console specific though.

T5G2F is real. The choices are between PoP, LP2, and skate 3! I was able to take a look at the May MIK too.

The black wii is out this month too for those who don't have one yet. I may trade in my white one for a ps3. 150 cred and with the great deals on GGs this month, it's hard not to go for it.

Really interested in Alan Wake, but even with the 50% bonus credit, I don't think I'll be trading for it, nor do I have the cash to buy it yet.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Do you get 50% TIV if you trade your Wii towards a powertrade? lol[/QUOTE]

lol. It would be awesome if we could PT a Wii towards a new console/game.

The used game trade-in deal is pretty good too. May pick up Bayonetta with the T2.

Sadly, I don't have any games that I want to trade and are worth $8 or more. May has three games coming out that I am very interested in. I can get Mario Galaxy 2 at Shoppers with my Optimum points at least. I am kind of hoping there are demos for ModNation Racers and Red Dead Redemption, and that I don't like either of them. I have too many games to play as it is.

Whats this $20 extra for a $50 used game? If I trade in halo wars I get the $49.99 used game for free? This real?

So wait I can buy Red Dead Redemption and then trade it within seven days and I get my cash back (not trade in value)? If that is true I may pre-order it because I usually rent games but Alan Wake comes out on the same day and I can only reserve one game at a time at Game Access.

[quote name='Zygote']Whats this $20 extra for a $50 used game? If I trade in halo wars I get the $49.99 used game for free? This real?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Halo Wars has dropped in TIV by now, but I think that's how it would have worked. No one is really sure though.

Also updated the first post with May Most Wanted, Trade 5 Get 2

unless halo wars is worth $30 TIV than that doesnt appear to be the case. The wording makes it sound like you have to buy a game selling for $49.99 from a game you trade in to get the $20 extra credit towards it.

For example lets say you trade in a game with a $8 TIV than you would get $28 towards your $49.99 game.

Was looking to do a power trade for Trauma Team today but, was told that it isn't a power trade title....

Hopefully they update their in store list tomorrow.

That $150 trade in for Wii is pretty damn tempting. Does anyone know what has to come with it? I'm assuming all original hookups + wiimote and nunchuk, but do they need the box and documentation?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']why do you canadians get all the unique promos? :([/QUOTE]

why do you americans get all the bloody coupons?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']why do you canadians get all the unique promos? :([/QUOTE]

why do you americans get all the tons of US only contests and free offers like magazines and such?

P.S. I powertraded MAG today towards modnation racers. $52.50 credit for the win :D

Looks like it is only bumping $8+ tiv games to $20 towards the used game.. not a bonus $20 on top of the value. Updated first post.

[quote name='eday_2010']Is that Trade 3 promo still valid for May? I don't see it on their site anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the T3 promos are pretty much always on

Can anyone confirm that Wii $150 TIV is still going? I forgot about it and want to do it before it's too late.

bread's done
Back