[Canada]EB trade-in extra credit promotion

hope Beowulf (PS3) has a $3 value, been looking for a deal of this type to use it for, any idea how long it will last?

I had a couple BBV clearance leftovers that didn't make the $8 cut for the free NDS offer, so I took them in along with Elebits and turned them into a minty Meteos + $3 change.

Went to EB to ask if there was still the PSP deal but found out it was over. :(

The guy said this deal is 'better' than the PSP deal for some reason.

I think I'll trade in a couple of lower value games in anyways though.

[quote name='Icetron']Went to EB to ask if there was still the PSP deal but found out it was over. :(

The guy said this deal is 'better' than the PSP deal for some reason.

I think I'll trade in a couple of lower value games in anyways though.[/QUOTE]

The PSP deal basically bumped all of your 6 trade-ins to $25 each. I fail to see how their miserable $50 bonus for 10 games (the current "best" deal) compares in any way.

For example, I traded in 10 games to get two Nintendo DS. The DS deal basically bumped every game's trade-in value to $26. The games ranged in trade value from $8-10. That means I got $16-18 extra per game for a total of ~$170 extra value. The current deal gives you an extra $50 for those same 10 games. That isn't even close.

The PSP deal was slightly worse in that the trade-in value was only bumped to $25 and you had to cough up an extra $20, but it is still lightyears better than what they are offering now.

Zing, you're absolutely correct. However, this deal still has great merit for those games with TIV's of $3-$7. If you happened to have ten games with $3 TIVs, then you've gone from $30 to $80, which is almost three times their supposed value. If you can find a place selling an eligible game for $5, then you're essentially profiting the game's original TIV. Yeah, it's nowhere near as nice as the PSP/DS deal, but some people (people with far more patience than me) can get something out of this.

[quote name='afterburn999']Lame they took out ps2[/quote]

Of course. Have you seen the over-abundance of PS2 games they have? They want to get rid of them, not get more of them :)

Thought I would mention I went and traded in 10 games today, and was told by the manager that it was $2+ games that qualified...so I have to say this is YMMV

[quote name='tymcg']Thought I would mention I went and traded in 10 games today, and was told by the manager that it was $2+ games that qualified...so I have to say this is YMMV[/QUOTE]

How is this YMMV? I thought everyone knew that there was a minimum TIV.

I actually thought it was $3 min.

I just traded in 10 games yesterday for a total of $179 after the promotion.
I will list what I can remember from the value AFTER the $5 additional credit on each game. (They are all X360 games)
Viva Pinata $8
R6V $11
AO2 $38
NHL08 $25
Madden08 $16
Bioshock $16
Stuntman Ignition $11
Fight Night R3 $16
Gutiar Hero 2 $25
Marvel UA $13

My All Pro 2K8 did NOT qualify as it was a TIV of $2. Though I can't believe I got $11 for Stuntman as I bought it from EBG for $5 during their sale back in April. VP I got for $4 from Dell back in November and NHL08 I got for $30 from WM back in November as well.

I realize they took out last-gen stuff in order to not get completely taken advantage of, but that's why this deal sucks now. heh

[quote name='Zing']How is this YMMV? I thought everyone knew that there was a minimum TIV.

I actually thought it was $3 min.[/quote]

The TIV is YMMV...not the deal

[quote name='vibinvo']I just traded in 10 games yesterday for a total of $179 after the promotion.
I will list what I can remember from the value AFTER the $5 additional credit on each game. (They are all X360 games)
Viva Pinata $8
R6V $16
AO2 $38
NHL08 $25
Madden08 $16
Bioshock $16
Stuntman Ignition $16
Fight Night R3 $16
Gutiar Hero 2 $25

I can't remember what the tenth game was. My All Pro 2K8 did NOT qualify as it was a TIV of $2. Though I can't believe I got $16 for Stuntman as I bought it from EBG for $5 during their sale back in April. VP I got for $4 from Dell back in November and NHL08 I got for $30 from WM back in November as well.[/quote]

If these games are the values AFTER the $5 bump for trading in 10 games for $50 extra, then guess you got lucky bro. I went in today to trade Stuntman Ignition Xbox360, and it's worth $6 (I went during the big sale event too and it was worth $6 back then as well). So if EB bumps $5 for each game for the 10 for $50 deal, then u should've only got $11. Woot, $5 extra. :)

I'll post my trade-in values that I got today in the EB trade-in values thread.

[quote name='tigerhawk33']If these games are the values AFTER the $5 bump for trading in 10 games for $50 extra, then guess you got lucky bro. I went in today to trade Stuntman Ignition Xbox360, and it's worth $6 (I went during the big sale event too and it was worth $6 back then as well). So if EB bumps $5 for each game for the 10 for $50 deal, then u should've only got $11. Woot, $5 extra. :)

I'll post my trade-in values that I got today in the EB trade-in values thread.[/quote]

You're right. I did get only $6. I checked the reciepts when I got home and updated my reply. Its NOT the greatest thing in the world, but considering what EBG normally gives for trade in ... I think the extra $50 is a big welcome. Besides, it help me clear out my library a bit.

[quote name='darkandlong']Does this mean the trade 3 is dead?[/quote]

Trade-3 for a pre-order or new release is ongoing. Not sure when the next Trade-3 for anything is coming up.

[quote name='darkandlong']Does this mean the trade 3 is dead?[/quote]

[quote name='Zing']Trade 3 what?

I traded 3 games and got $10 bonus credit just as the promotion says.[/quote]

He means the t3g1f...that deal for a FREE game is ALWAYS on, at least since 2004.

Along with my 9 games I traded in, I also got nine 5 free music downloads at ebgamesmusic.com. Anyone know anything about this? I thought receiving 45 free songs was a bit odd. (now, what do I do with these?)

[quote name='ChaosKnight']Along with my 9 games I traded in, I also got nine 5 free music downloads at ebgamesmusic.com. Anyone know anything about this? I thought receiving 45 free songs was a bit odd. (now, what do I do with these?)[/quote]

Might as well throw them in a fire...at least if the site works the same as before. Doesn't even allow you to put the songs on an iPod after downloaded (different file type or something).

Actually the music site has improved a lot since they did the same promotion last year. There are quite a few new releases and many in mp3 that you can put on your ipod now. I did successfully just last week. There are a lot in windows media format but they have the "burnable" flag, so you could burn those to a cd, then rip them to mp3 to put on your ipod as well.

I recently won a zune so I guess the songs would be good for that, but I usually keep my music library in mp3 for my ipods.

Don't change file types now or you'll go to jail thanks to the new DRM and copyright laws in Canada hahaha.

There's always file converting programs. Just have to look.

[quote name='gamer602']ranzo u said ps2 games are ymmv...do they work for the promo?[/quote]

The system does not up the ps2 games so it is not ymmv anymore.

I traded in a few games today for the trade 3 10$ bonus promo,
cod2 goty
dark messiah 360
manhunt 2

(you can find the values in another recent thread)
all 3 were 36$ trade before the 10$ bonus so I grabbed a copy of Bad Company ps3 with t3g1f instead.

the funny thing tho. when he hit f12 or something it added the 10$ bonus, and he couldn't get rid of it lol...

ended up getting bad company and 10$ bonus put onto my trade card :bouncy:
i think i might put a resume into ebgames :) just for a part time job.. with bonus's.

northofamerica

ebgames stacking promos is bizarre.. i traded in 6 games today, 3 for a T3G1F pre-order and 3 to get the extra $10.

Instead, I got $10 for the 3 games plus another $4 per game for each of the 6 games because the system thought I was using the "trade 5 for an extra $20"
Now I know why the other guy in this thread got their TIV bumped by so much.

I traded in a bunch of games yesterday 3 of which were ps3 and 360, the guy told me that i get 3 free music cards with it, but when i looked at my reciept the total trade in value for the games was 120 but he took 6 dollars our for the 3 music cards. Is that right ?

[quote name='afterburn999']I traded in a bunch of games yesterday 3 of which were ps3 and 360, the guy told me that i get 3 free music cards with it, but when i looked at my reciept the total trade in value for the games was 120 but he took 6 dollars our for the 3 music cards. Is that right ?[/QUOTE]

I asked about this when I did my trade-in and was told that all trade-in values were automatically bumped up $2 to cover the cost of the cards. I had been in the day before checking my trade-in values and I could tell that they were $2 higher than normal, before the bonus was applied.

It's a scam to make their useless music cards look like people actually buy them, I guess.

Don't know it you guys already knew this, and it may be YMMV, but when I traded in 13 games today, they just added $5 to everything (totaling $65) instead of adding $50 for the 10 and $10 for the 3. Works for me :)

[quote name='Skardee']Don't know it you guys already knew this, and it may be YMMV, but when I traded in 13 games today, they just added $5 to everything (totaling $65) instead of adding $50 for the 10 and $10 for the 3. Works for me :)[/quote]

Yup, that's how it works. If you trade in 3 or 4 games you'll get the extra $3.34 or whatever it is for all 3 or 4 games. Then if its between 5 and 9 games each of those would get the extra $4, and then if you have 10 or more games, every one of those will get the extra $5 on it. It's really handy, especially if you have a bunch of games you're wanting to get rid of. (I used to have a ton of Xbox games a few years ago when this promo was on and I probably got about $400+ in credit by trading in more than 10 games at a time).

bread's done
Back