(Canada) Future Shop Blu-Ray deal

tymcg

CAGiversary!
Hey guys just thought it should be mentioned that Future Shop has a b1g1 on select blu-rays, and seeing as though we don't have a specific section for this, thought anywhere would do. For those of us that have a ps3 but don't feel like paying $30-40 a movie than now would be a good time to pick up a movie or two, I know lots of places (amazon included) recently had this deal but FS is the only place so far that I've been able to find Rescue Me for $30, so that and another good title for $32.99 is worth it for me.

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/staticPC/default.asp?Page=1&PCName=BOGObluray&catid=&logon=&langid=EN

Buying Blurays in Canada is crazy even with the buy 1 get 1 free sales. Amazon.com has the best prices by far. I'll never spend 32.99 + tax for something that costs 19.99 USD on Amazon.com

I will never buy a Bluray or HD DVD in Canada again. They are raping us for prices on these high def movies.

[quote name='broccoli']I will never buy a Bluray or HD DVD in Canada again. They are raping us for prices on these high def movies.[/quote]

They are raping us in all things HD. The TV's, the HD boxes, the subscriptions, etc. Main reason I haven't taken the plunge yet until they smarten up.

AFAIK they don't ship games or game accessories. I just ordered 2001 on Blu-Ray and it came out to $27.00 after shipping. If I had found a copy here it would have cost that price before taxes.

This is the first time I've ordered off amazon.com so I am concerned about brokerage fees.

Almost every time I've ordered from Amazon.com they've shipped out of Canada, so you probably won't have to worry about customs fees.

[quote name='casktapper']Almost every time I've ordered from Amazon.com they've shipped out of Canada, so you probably won't have to worry about customs fees.[/QUOTE]

I just got my 2001 today. It says Lexington on it and Amazon.com all over it. No fees though!

Well I'm "pretend buying" a TV from amazon.com and it won't ship here. Oh well, knew it was too good to be true. Guess I'll have to play the waiting game more before getting an HDTV :S

Do FS/BB price match with them? I'd prefer buying from them anyway if there was a problem and I needed to return it or something...

bread's done
Back