(Canada) Futureshop $5 iPod FM Transmitters (DEAD)

ikariwarriors

CAGiversary!
Hey Canadian crew;

If anyone is looking for a car FM transmitter for their iPods, my local Futureshop was liquidating select transmitters for $5. I found a Kensington LiquidFM Deluxe in the bin, which I picked up for $64 bucks off the regular price.

I can't vouch for every Futureshop in Canada, so this is YMMV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which FutureShop did you pick it up at? It likely doesn't work with the iPhone 3G, but at $5 it might just be worth pulling out my old iPod Mini for.

Futureshop at Bishop Grandin and Pembina had two or three left in the bin when I was there. Also a bunch of non-Kensington ones, but the Kensingtons were the best.

I got the LiquidFM transmitter that isn't iPod specific earlier this year (just has a standard headphone jack).

While it does suffer from some electrical interference (as mentioned in one of the reviews on the futureshop page -- but I've only ever had a little bit of static, never an unusable device), the sound quality and signal strength are both miles better than they were with an iTrip... I've been really happy with it. If you can get it for $5, it's a steal.

[quote name='doctorofstyle']mind buying and shipping? if you can find another of course.[/quote]

Sorry, friend. Didn't see any left in the bin on my return.

I just got my friend's old ipod nano (non-video) today, remembered this thread and thought I'd ask what the best fm transmitter was?

Monster brand makes a decent one. We got ours off eBay for 25 bucks back when Futureshop was still charging over 100 for the same cable.

bread's done
Back