[Canada] Gamedays at Eb games / Gamestop July 2010

JnJosh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Only putting sale items up, anything regular priced will be omitted. Does NOT include daily deals!

Band hero kit - PS3 / xbox 360 - 99.99 (save 75)
Tony Hawk ride - PS3 / xbox 360 - 54.99 (save 30)
Bioshock 2 - PS3 / xbox 360 / pc - 29.99 (save 10)
Beatles rockband - ps3 / 360 / wii - 19.99 (save 10)
Iron man 2 - psp / ds - 19.99 (save 15)
Modern Warfare 2 - PS3 / xbox 360 - 54.99 (save 10)
Transformers RotF - ps3 / 360 - 19.99 (save 10)

PSP assassins creed bundle - 149.99 (save 20)
Assorted PSP games 9.99 (shown are socom fire team bravo, twisted metal, logans shadow)

Purchase DSi get fossil fighters or glory of heracles free

Aliens vs Predator - ps3 / xbox - 44.99 (save 20)
Alpha protocol - ps3 / xbox 360 - 49.99 (save 15)
Bayonetta - ps3 / xbox 360 - 29.99 (save 15)
Fight night round 4 - ps3 / xbox - 9.99 (save 10)
Final fantasy 2 - psp - 9.99 (save 10)
iron man 2 - ps3 / xbox 360 - 49.99 (save 15)
left for dead 2 - 360 - 29.99 (save 10)
lego rock band - PS3 / 360 / wii - 9.99 (save 10)
Mario and sonic at the olympic winter games - wii - 29.99 (save 20)
Mass effect 2 - 360 - 29.99 (save 10)
NHL 2k10 - ps3 / 360 / wii - 9.99 (save 20)
NHL 10 - ps3 / 360 - 29.99 (save 10)
Shaun white world stage - wii - 14.99 (save 5)
Tales of symphonia - wii - 14.99 (save 25)
Your shape jenny mccarthy - wii - 29.99 (save 10)

3d dot heroes - 29.99 (save 10)
dark void - ps3 / 360 - 9.99 (save 20)
Hottest party 3 ddr - wii - 29.99 (save 15)
dead rising - 360 - 14.99 (save 10)
demons souls - 29.99 (save 10)
disgaea 3 - 19.99 (save 20)
Just cause 2 - 360 / ps3 - 39.99 (save 25) ONLY 30th - 06 july
MLB 2k10 - 360 - 29.99 (save 30)
monster hunter tri wii - 39.99 (save 15)
Resident evil 5 gold - ps3 shown - 39.99 (save 15)
resident evil 4 - wii - 14.99 (save 15)
resonance of fate - 360/ps3 - 34.99 (save 30)
Sonic classic collection - ds - 19.99 (save 10)
Sonic sega all stars racing - ds - 19.99 (save 10)
Super monkey ball step and roll - wii - 24.99 (save 25)
Supereme commander 2 - pc / xbox 360 - 34.99 (save 20)
trauma team - wii - 29.99 (save 10)
Yakuza 3 - 39.99 (save 25)

Nerf N strike switch shot ex-3 gun - 4.99 (save 5)
Nerf sports pack for wii (tennis baseball golf) - 4.99 (save 5)
DS cases 4.99 (save 5)

June 30th - july 09
Save 25% on a used ds when you purchase any 2 used nintendo games 19.99 or more

Save 25% on psp when you purchase 2 used psp games for 19.99 or more

July 10 - 16 - 2 for 20$ xbox/ps2/gamecube 9.99 - 14.99
July 17 - 23 - 2 for 30$ xbox/ps2/gamecube 15.00 - 19.99

july 24 - 30 - save 10% on used accessory with purchase of any used game 9.99
Save 25% on a used accessory with purchase of used game 19.99
save 50% on used accessory with purchase of used game for 29.99

Trade 2 + 19.99 for madden 11, south africa, ufc 2010, tiger 11 (9.99 for wii titles)

Save 10 percent when you purchase 2-3 used sports titles
save 20 percent when you purchase 4-6 " "
save 30 percent when you purchase 7-9 " "
save 50 percent when you purchase 10 or more " "
ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE FOR 2008 and LOWER only!!!!

25$ for a game put towards new console (must be 8$ min.)

Anyone bought Bayonetta recently, know if they still have the bonus? Online or not.

Reserve Bayonetta and receive a poster collection. Available for online and in-store customers only while supplies last.

Online Customers: The poster collection will ship with your order.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: The poster collection will be available at time of game pick-up.

if the game is over 2 weeks old do not expect to get the item (ie poster, code, keychain) as it was either given to pre orders, or walk ins.

[quote name='Khalid']Anyone bought Bayonetta recently, know if they still have the bonus? Online or not.

Reserve Bayonetta and receive a poster collection. Available for online and in-store customers only while supplies last.

Online Customers: The poster collection will ship with your order.

In-Store Pickup / Store Customers: The poster collection will be available at time of game pick-up.[/QUOTE]

Those bonuses are for pre-orders only though. You may have gotten them if stores/online had any extras, but this game came out since January so you can't really expect to get them now.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I hate Canada Post they are so bloody slow -_-. Purlator is great and the guy who comes to deliver my stuff is really friendly.

I have ordered things a few times from Gamestop.ca and they have fast shipping and items are packaged well.[/QUOTE]
I can't stand Purolator, they never leave anything at the door so I gotta go pick it up, and sometimes they just plain screw up and list something as "attempted to deliver" when I was home the whole time waiting for it to show up, and then I gotta go down and pick it up. Canada Post is great and I always get my Gamestop/BB/FS orders the morning after they ship.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I hate Canada Post they are so bloody slow -_-. Purlator is great and the guy who comes to deliver my stuff is really friendly.

I have ordered things a few times from Gamestop.ca and they have fast shipping and items are packaged well.[/QUOTE]
I can't stand Purolator, they never leave anything at the door so I gotta go pick it up, and sometimes they just plain screw up and list something as "attempted to deliver" when I was home the whole time waiting for it to show up, and then I gotta go down and pick it up. Canada Post is great, leaves the game in the mail box, and I always get my Gamestop/BB/FS orders the morning after they ship.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I can't stand Purolator, they never leave anything at the door so I gotta go pick it up, and sometimes they just plain screw up and list something as "attempted to deliver" when I was home the whole time waiting for it to show up, and then I gotta go down and pick it up. Canada Post is great, leaves the game in the mail box, and I always get my Gamestop/BB/FS orders the morning after they ship.[/QUOTE]

I actually hate it when the postal people leave stuff outside of the door. I live in a condo so it just makes me angry and was very glad when the UPS man asked me if I wanted things left outside the door. The Canada Post mailman seems to love doing it right now which can be irritating.

I guess it depends on the Purlator guy who comes in your area. The one who is in my area is extremely friendly.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I actually hate it when the postal people leave stuff outside of the door. I live in a condo so it just makes me angry and was very glad when the UPS man asked me if I wanted things left outside the door. The Canada Post mailman seems to love doing it right now which can be irritating.

I guess it depends on the Purlator guy who comes in your area. The one who is in my area is extremely friendly.[/QUOTE]
Well my Purolator guy is pretty friendly, but that doesn't change the fact that they never leave stuff at the door and so often don't even ring the bell or give me any sign that they're attempting to do a drop. I'll sit around all day expecting them to show up based on the online status info and then end of the day I'll find the tag on the doorknob and go FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Well my Purolator guy is pretty friendly, but that doesn't change the fact that they never leave stuff at the door and so often don't even ring the bell or give me any sign that they're attempting to do a drop. I'll sit around all day expecting them to show up based on the online status info and then end of the day I'll find the tag on the doorknob and go FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-[/QUOTE]

Bingo you hit the nail on the head. I'll be sitting at home all day waiting for the package, go to the bathroom for like 2 secs come back out and see a note on my door, which means i have to drive all the way to the stupid depot to get my package.

Thats why i prefer UPS and Canada Post.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Well my Purolator guy is pretty friendly, but that doesn't change the fact that they never leave stuff at the door and so often don't even ring the bell or give me any sign that they're attempting to do a drop. I'll sit around all day expecting them to show up based on the online status info and then end of the day I'll find the tag on the doorknob and go FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-[/QUOTE]

Interesting because the Purolator man always buzzes up but yet the stupid Canada Post guy and UPS man (even though he is also very friendly) never buzz up. So if I am in the back then I can't hear the guy knocking on the door. I miss the UPS man twice because of this and caught him by chance at the door on the third day while waiting for my package.

Either way I do prefer Canada Post even though I get mad at them because if the parcel isn't that big it will fit in the mail box and you don't need to worry.

Edit: To fix your triple posts you can just edit your posts and click on "delete" to get rid of them.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Interesting because the Purolator man always buzzes up but yet the stupid Canada Post guy and UPS man (even though he is also very friendly) never buzz up. So if I am in the back then I can't hear the guy knocking on the door. I miss the UPS man twice because of this and caught him by chance at the door on the third day while waiting for my package.

Either way I do prefer Canada Post even though I get mad at them because if the parcel isn't that big it will fit in the mail box and you don't need to worry.

Edit: To fix your triple posts you can just edit your posts and click on "delete" to get rid of them.[/QUOTE]
Oh I thought it was a double post, didn't notice the other one.

Resonance of Fate for $34.99 is very tempting. Not sure if I'll bite now or risk waiting for it to drop even further.

But I'll have to wait until I'm back from my vacation to decide if I'll order it or not because no one will be home for the Purolator delivery. Thank goodness it's going to be at that price for a few more weeks.

Just bought
- Resonance of Fate
- Yakuza 3
- Resident Evil 5 GOLD

All 10% off EB Games' prices AND sealed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Shop from the Future.

[quote name='JnJosh']Only putting sale items up, anything regular priced will be omitted. Does NOT include daily deals!

Mario and sonic at the olympic winter games - wii - 29.99 (save 20)
monster hunter tri wii - 39.99 (save 15)
[/QUOTE]

I just saw these 2 games at Walmart today for the same price, so if anyone's looking for them & misses out on EB, there might be another option.

Price matched Resonance of Fate at Best Buy, 36.71 all said and done.

Easiest price match I've ever done

Just picked up Bayonetta (after searching everywhere) and Yakuza 3.

As an FYI, the guy at EB said that Yakuza 3 is discontinued, not sure if this will be the same at all retailers, but if you're interested in it now might be the time to pick it up.

Headed over to their website and noticed the +$50 trade in for consoles.
I trade my "i'm gonna crack soon" Lite and 3 old games and got a new DSi XL for $30.
So it was my belated father's day gift. I'm really enjoying the new XL. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Robotron2084']Headed over to their website and noticed the +$50 trade in for consoles.
I trade my "i'm gonna crack soon" Lite and 3 old games and got a new DSi XL for $30.
So it was my belated father's day gift. I'm really enjoying the new XL. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
So what was the total credit they gave you for your DS Lite? I've been thinking of getting an XL as well and with Dragon Quest IX out next week now seems like the perfect time.

With the 3DS just around the corner I'm not sure if it's a great idea to trade in for an XL. I imagine they'll have a decent trade-in promo for the launch.

You think? I would have thought the value would tank when the 3DS comes out. The DSi XL looks pretty good though. Especially if I can get it for next to nothing. That's why I am curious how much credit they gave him for his DS Lite.

Until recently DS lite value is $40 + $50 bonus = $90. I assume it's the same, but I cannot confirm.

He then got maybe got $25 per game he traded (games over $8 value are currently bumped to $25 each if traded to purchase a console). $25 * 3 = $75

$90 + $75 = $165 ... which would bring us close to the $30 he paid (maybe he had games worth over $25).

DS Lite value won't be $90 ($40 + $50 bonus) when 3DS will come out, pretty sure of that.
Having a DSi XL could be an good idea to have something with relatively higher value to trade for the 3DS.

It depends if you have games you want to get rid of, if you have EB credit, if you think you will like to carry a larger DS, if your DS is in not-that-good condition and having a new console would be enjoyable, etc...

[quote name='cashinstinct']Until recently DS lite value is $40 + $50 bonus = $90. I assume it's the same, but I cannot confirm.

He then got maybe got $25 per game he traded (games over $8 value are currently bumped to $25 each if traded to purchase a console). $25 * 3 = $75

$90 + $75 = $165 ... which would bring us close to the $30 he paid (maybe he had games worth over $25).

DS Lite value won't be $90 ($40 + $50 bonus) when 3DS will come out, pretty sure of that.
Having a DSi XL could be an good idea to have something with relatively higher value to trade for the 3DS.

It depends if you have games you want to get rid of, if you have EB credit, if you think you will like to carry a larger DS, if your DS is in not-that-good condition and having a new console would be enjoyable, etc...[/QUOTE]
Thanks, $90 is pretty reasonable for sure. I do have games to trade and Edge credit as well so may bite. I'll be sinking a lot of hours into DQ IX on my lunch break at work so I think it will be worth it to have the bigger screens.

Too bad the new XL colors aren't here yet.

$90 is great considering they sell the thing used for $100.

According to FS and BB, they get a Blue DSi XL one on July 11 (this Sunday), I don't know if EB has the same color coming soon.

[quote name='cashinstinct']$90 is great considering they sell the thing used for $100.

According to FS and BB, they get a Blue DSi XL one on July 11 (this Sunday), I don't know if EB has the same color coming soon.[/QUOTE]
Sweet, talk about good timing. Midnight Blue, looks great. Way better than Bronze or Burgundy anyway.

Ideally I'd like black or silver but this will do.

[quote name='Super Strokey']Are there any ps3 hardware deals there?[/QUOTE]
Not other than the 250 GB model bundles with Killzone 2 / GoW Collection. But that has been around for awhile now.

Although, if I was going that route I'd pick up the Uncharted 2 bundle myself. I suppose it's a matter of taste and whether or not you are interested in TiV for the games.

From everything I've seen the last few months, the best deal on PS3 120 GB hardware has been the RCSS no tax event combined with the "spend over $250 and get a $25 gift card" deal. Not sure the next time both those will come up at the same time though. The gift card promo seems to run every second week or so on it's own though if you can't find anything else.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']So what was the total credit they gave you for your DS Lite? I've been thinking of getting an XL as well and with Dragon Quest IX out next week now seems like the perfect time.[/QUOTE]

cashinstinct is right.

I received $40 for my Lite +$50 for a console trade.
$25 x 2 for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (upped value)
$30 for Fallout 3:Crap of the year (aka Grind Your PS3 to Dust Edition)

Use the trade-in value's thread/link.....great for this...thanks all for that as well.

Also the person at EB was testing/checking my Lite when they broke it. They opened it, tested it, closed it, and then popped it open quickly with two hands (kinda like you open a book) and then there was this loud CRACK....and my DS was now in two pieces....I thought they were going to blame it on me but they took responsibility and gave me the full $40+$50 for it.

BTW....loving the XL so far and don't forget the Blue XL comes out next week (check Amazon for photos) so it's still in the time frame for this offer.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Not other than the 250 GB model bundles with Killzone 2 / GoW Collection. But that has been around for awhile now.

Although, if I was going that route I'd pick up the Uncharted 2 bundle myself. I suppose it's a matter of taste and whether or not you are interested in TiV for the games.

From everything I've seen the last few months, the best deal on PS3 120 GB hardware has been the RCSS no tax event combined with the "spend over $250 and get a $25 gift card" deal. Not sure the next time both those will come up at the same time though. The gift card promo seems to run every second week or so on it's own though if you can't find anything else.[/QUOTE]

I would totally perfer the uncharted 2 bundle but I have 160 bucks in credit at eb.

[quote name='Robotron2084']

cashinstinct is right.

I received $40 for my Lite +$50 for a console trade.
$25 x 2 for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl (upped value)
$30 for Fallout 3:Crap of the year (aka Grind Your PS3 to Dust Edition)

Use the trade-in value's thread/link.....great for this...thanks all for that as well.

Also the person at EB was testing/checking my Lite when they broke it. They opened it, tested it, closed it, and then popped it open quickly with two hands (kinda like you open a book) and then there was this loud CRACK....and my DS was now in two pieces....I thought they were going to blame it on me but they took responsibility and gave me the full $40+$50 for it.

BTW....loving the XL so far and don't forget the Blue XL comes out next week (check Amazon for photos) so it's still in the time frame for this offer.[/QUOTE]
lol that must have been an akward moment when he broke it

Heading to EB at lunch to pre order the blue DSi XL. I have four DS games that should qualify at >$8 for the $25 promo and with trading in the DS Lite so I'll only have to use $10 off my Edge card for it. :)

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']lol that must have been an akward moment when he broke it

Heading to EB at lunch to pre order the blue DSi XL. I have four DS games that should qualify at >$8 for the $25 promo and with trading in the DS Lite so I'll only have to use $10 off my Edge card for it. :)[/QUOTE]

Unsure they will let you preorder a console with this deal, I think it's suppose to be purchase at the store right when you trade.

Many people are looking around for X360 "Slim" (new one), and have been unable to trade because the console was not in stock.

^^No, the receipt will show a promo was used for it. I doubt they'd even give you Edge credit for it. Not positive on that one though.

--------------------------------

Anyone else noticed they changed around the Trade-In Offers section at gamestop.ca? Scared me for a second, I thought they removed the >$8 = $25 credit towards console deal. But they just changed it to be fine print for some reason. They removed the dollar value on their top most wanted games. I hope Read Dead is still $40 since I was planning to PT / GG it for Clash of the Titans.

Heading out to see if they will let me pre order it in a few minutes. If not I'll just pick up another color DSi XL and return it for the blue one on Sunday. I don't want to wait just in case they change the promo between now and then or any of the 4 eligible titles I have tank below $8 TiV for some reason.

I suppose this talk should be in the TiV thread, I'll post there with the values when I'm done.

The gamestop.ca trade in offers page is always full of errors / typos / mismatching fine print / mismatching graphics. I wouldn't necessarily believe the $8 to $25 console trade in promo is still on just because of the fine print there.

Just got back, they let me pre-order the midnight blue DSi XL no questions asked. The two promo's didn't stack in the system automatically so he had to manually add the extra $50 credit for trading in the DS Lite.

Unfortunately the receipt doesn't show the TiV's for the four DS games I traded in so I can't update tivs.ca, but they did all qualify.

So all it cost me was $10 Edge credit. :)

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']^^No, the receipt will show a promo was used for it. I doubt they'd even give you Edge credit for it. Not positive on that one though.[/QUOTE]

Im sorry but that is not accurate. It will work assuming you are a bit smart and dont return the console asking for money or credits right away.

Return your console for another which they dont have in stock. Then come back a bit later and cancel, they will have no way of knowing what happened.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Im sorry but that is not accurate. It will work assuming you are a bit smart and dont return the console asking for money or credits right away.

Return your console for another which they dont have in stock. Then come back a bit later and cancel, they will have no way of knowing what happened.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that kinda sketchy? Like...damn near 'fraud' sketchy?

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Im sorry but that is not accurate. It will work assuming you are a bit smart and dont return the console asking for money or credits right away.

Return your console for another which they dont have in stock. Then come back a bit later and cancel, they will have no way of knowing what happened.[/QUOTE]
...ya well I suppose you could try that. A bit over the line for me though but I can understand the process. You'd have to know what they did and did not have in stock though.

AFAIK, when returning an item, a phone number is provided, which can track your returns. It would seem a little suspect to have an exchange and a return, which would warrant an investigation, albeit short, and the proper steps taken (banning).

Of course, using different phone numbers would circumvent this, I guess.

But still, what is this, RFD?

Congrats Clark.Griswold you're gonna enjoy the XL. Glad they allowed the trade-in on a pre-order. Makes sense since the order will show up before the offer expires.

bread's done
Back