18 (100%)

Day 1 - Sunday Dec 13 - Tekken 6 PS3/360 $34.99
Day 2 - Monday Dec 14 - Castlevania Judgement Wii $9.89
Day 3 - Tuesday Dec 15 - Terminator Salvation 360/PS3 $9.89
Day 4 - Wednesday Dec 16 - SOCOM Confrontation (game only) PS3 $9.89
Day 5 - Thursday Dec 17 - NHL2K10 Wii $19.89
Day 6 - Friday Dec 18 - PS3 160GB Fat Uncharted Bundle $329.99
Day 7 - Saturday Dec 19 - Assassin's Creed 2 $29.99
Day 8 - Sunday Dec 20 - James Cameron's Avatar: The Game (All versions, including limited edition) $29.99
Day 9 - Monday Dec 21 - Used 80GB PS3 $199.99 (was $279.99), Used 360 $74.99 (was $109.99), Used Wii $149.99 (was $179.99)
Day 9 - Monday Dec 21 - Free Sing It! with Wii Console $209.99
Day 10 - Tuesday Dec 22 - Naked Brothers Band Wii $4.89
Day 11 - Wednesday Dec 23 - SingStar Vol 2 with Mic $9.89
Day 12 - Thursday Dec 24 - Warioland: Shake It $19.89

Boxing Week Daily Door Crashers

Dec 26 - Tony Hawk Ride $99.99 and some cheap crappy games
Dec 27 - Smackdown vs Raw 2009 $4.89
Dec 28 - Hellboy $4.89
Dec 29 - Bionic Commando $14.89
Dec 30 - MySims Party $9.89
Dec 31 - AC/DC Track Pack $1.99

Last edited by a moderator:
So the CE version of Avatar is normally just 59.99 and the figure is just 6 inches? I thought it was going to be something like what the AC2 CE had for a figure. I think I'm not going to bother even trying. I bet it's going to be 9.98 at EB in the future (with the reviews).

Has anyone bought the CE of Avatar today? Any reviews/impressions.

Bleh the game is still $59.99 on the internet ~_~ I really don't want to travel this much just for a crappy game+mediocre toy.

Yeah, I'll pass on Avatar CE because in all likelihood I won't play it, not until I've seen the movie anyway, which won't be until it's out on Blu-ray. I expect the Avatar CE to go on sale again later.

Did anybody who picked up the Master Edition of AC2 for Xbox 360 want to swap DLC codes for the PS3 version?

Still contemplating going for Avatar since I enjoyed the movie, but I've got plenty on my plate right now.

I'm pretty sure there's one figure. I saw the box yesterday, it's slightly larger than normal so there's probably a figure packaged inside. The website says it's exclusive to GameStop.

Website will probably update in the afternoon like AC2 yesterday. Whoever is in charge probably sleeps in on weekends.

[quote name='TripleQ']I'm pretty sure there's one figure. I saw the box yesterday, it's slightly larger than normal so there's probably a figure packaged inside. The website says it's exclusive to GameStop.

Website will probably update in the afternoon like AC2 yesterday. Whoever is in charge probably sleeps in on weekends.[/QUOTE]

See that's the thing though, do I bolt outta here at noon to get to an EB to pick it up or do I gamble on a chance of finding it online? This is knowing that EB Games doesn't do anything on Sundays unless they're prepared for it.

And when are they prepare for anything really?

[quote name='heimdal']I do believe it's good policy, but I still think that they should have some discretion. Obviously they should deny the douchebag who bought 10 copies.

I'm just upset that I wasted my time because the guy at the first store said that I can just adjust the price at another EB since they're closed when the deal was on. Got 1 extra to help out a fellow gamer.[/QUOTE]

And the guy at Commerce Court is the manager, I'm sure he DID know and was just trying to increase his sales numbers and screw you/other stores in the process.

I shop at the 2 PATH stores (commerce court and metrocentre). The commerce court store is sooo sketchy. The manager at metrocentre told me to wait until saturday to buy the game because you can't do a repurchase on it, he actually saved me money by telling me to wait.

Not much of a LE with just a figure that resembles the quality you normally find on a Mcdonalds Happy Meal toy.

And from what I've been reading the game isn't exactly quality either. Pretty, but lacking in the gameplay department.

*edit*

This was in response to Eoyote's post below mine. Stupid fuckin glitch.

I have to say for those who are on the fence about it ... play it and if you don't like it get a trade in value back at a store that way your spending $29.99 and should get half that back or maybe even more then what you payed for it. still if so it's better then waisting $59.99 or maybe $69.99 at most then this way you will be more happy that you did pay $29.99 for it then the higher amount when not on sale.

I picked it up today ( PS3 LE ) i mean it adds too my collection and i can't see this game being more Horrible then ... ooooh i dunoo GENJI Days Of The Blade or Damnation. even if the figure is crappy it's more trophies for me under my Belt :)

If you're on the fence wait for a $9.99 deal in a couple of months! If you really want it, go get it in store now, I don't think it will be that hard to find.

[quote name='kathos']The sad reality is that most of those scumbags are flea market jack offs looking for that sad $10 profit in their meaningless (c'mon, a life of working at a flea market on weekends and go to a lame Chinese restaurant cook life in weekdays [they're not really cooks though, I promise you that much, they just spray MSG into everything]) lives.[/QUOTE]
Geez, I hit a nerve here didn't I? Either way, it's not really appreciated that strawman assumptions are being thrown around. While yes, this is only from my end, but I have family in the US that own a chinese restaurant and they don't hire nobodies that don't know the difference between oyster sauce and a chicken wing. Burger King would be a better argument. :p

That or people with no jobs.
This would be the more likely scenerio, and probably the same people without much education and still leeching off their parents
now look at who's throwing strawman assumptions. :p

Back on topic: I hope there will be more GOOD $10 deals for the rest of this sale. If not, I'll probbaly have to stick with their 2 for 8/10/20 sales found in the french flyer then.

[quote name='poiuiu']Geez, I hit a nerve here didn't I? ...[/QUOTE]

Huh? No that was nothing against you, I just really, really hate RFDers and non-gamers. After like 4 years in gaming retail I've seen all types. They suck so much ass.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']Used 360 for $75...interesting, but is it in good condition and will it RROD on me?[/QUOTE]

Is it a 360.....yes....
therefore yes it will RROD. Now that may not mean it will right away.
But basically its not an issue of IF a 360 will fail, its WHEN.
But depending on the warranty on the used 360 it may be a decent deal for someone that has there main machine a PS3 and just wants a 360 spare to play exclusives.

[quote name='Gamin_Guru']Used 360 for $75...interesting, but is it in good condition and will it RROD on me?[/QUOTE]

Do what I did man, if it RRoDs then flash the drive and burn some games (I DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY, I BUY ALL OF MY GAMES!!!, I'm just a geek who has to hack and mod everything for fun) include one controller, but no HDD then sell it as a packaged deal on craigslist/kijiji for atleast the $75 you paid for it. Once you've got that money, go to EB/Gamestop and buy a used core with a wireless controller for $99.
If the one from EB dies, just rinse and repeat.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Do what I did man, if it RRoDs then flash the drive and burn some games (I DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY, I BUY ALL OF MY GAMES!!!, I'm just a geek who has to hack and mod everything for fun) include one controller, but no HDD then sell it as a packaged deal on craigslist/kijiji for atleast the $75 you paid for it. Once you've got that money, go to EB/Gamestop and buy a used core with a wireless controller for $99.
If the one from EB dies, just rinse and repeat.[/QUOTE]

Get REFURBS not USED. Two different SKUs, USED are just dropped offed systems. Refurbs are fixed (hah!), I bought a Halo 3 edition for my brother waaaaay back during the trade-4-get-360-free (or similar) deal.

It's still ok, but he keeps a window open just in case.

[quote name='kathos']Get REFURBS not USED. Two different SKUs, USED are just dropped offed systems. Refurbs are fixed (hah!), I bought a Halo 3 edition for my brother waaaaay back during the trade-4-get-360-free (or similar) deal.

It's still ok, but he keeps a window open just in case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant REFURB. I'm pretty sure that EB only sells refurb now.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Yeah, I meant REFURB. I'm pretty sure that EB only sells refurb now.[/QUOTE]

They still do :(. Saw 'em last I was there.

Also; my EB order is backordered for my AVATAR PS3 CE, does that mean I won't get it or I'll get it once it's in stock?

I wonder if its worth it to pick up a used/refurb PS3 at that price. My bro is thinking about it.
What is the warranty on those systems?
Maybe I should just tell him to wait it out and scout kijiji for someone looking to unload a slim.

[quote name='strife18']I wonder if its worth it to pick up a used/refurb PS3 at that price. My bro is thinking about it.
What is the warranty on those systems?
Maybe I should just tell him to wait it out and scout kijiji for someone looking to unload a slim.[/QUOTE]

I cannot find one of those for a good, even reasonable price. All of them that I have found are only $30-$50 cheaper than a new PS3 SLIM.

From the perspective of a person who repairs PS3s, you should be good. If you get one, make sure to apply new thermal paste right away to prevent the GPU and CPU from rising off the board; causing YLoD.
Be careful of the Blu-Ray too. It's the single most expensive part in the PS3, you can even buy a PS3 mobo cheaper than the Blu-Ray.

Ahh, well I have a 80GB model which should be coming up to a year old in January. I haven't had any issues with heating or anything really.
I also don't think my bro wants any that he has to take apart and do any modifications. It probably would be best to wait for a sweet new package with some games or something that way he gets the warranty...he's not quite as mechanically inclined.

[quote name='strife18']Is it a 360.....yes....
therefore yes it will RROD. Now that may not mean it will right away.
But basically its not an issue of IF a 360 will fail, its WHEN.
But depending on the warranty on the used 360 it may be a decent deal for someone that has there main machine a PS3 and just wants a 360 spare to play exclusives.[/QUOTE]

LOL so true. I'd never buy a 360 ever for actual gaming.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Do what I did man, if it RRoDs then flash the drive and burn some games (I DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY, I BUY ALL OF MY GAMES!!!, I'm just a geek who has to hack and mod everything for fun) include one controller, but no HDD then sell it as a packaged deal on craigslist/kijiji for atleast the $75 you paid for it. Once you've got that money, go to EB/Gamestop and buy a used core with a wireless controller for $99.
If the one from EB dies, just rinse and repeat.[/QUOTE]

Well I thought about getting a 360 and modding it to play a few games not worth the money since I buy all quality games for PS3 anyways.

wow look at all you fanboys for sony..im not even going to bother quoting all of you..yes 360 is terrible for the rrod..but its rare seeing that happen now if you buy a NEW 360..i work at a gaming store (not eb) and i see ps3's come in way more than the 360's have, the only reason why rrod is still out there is cause people keep on fixing the rrod's xboxs that will just rrod again..its like a virus..so consider buying the 360 refurbed one as a rental

360 focuses everything on online..so if your not going online then its not the system for u..i have all the newer gaming systems and like to keep an open mind..so if your considering getting a 360 dont listen to fanboys

[quote name='rkpoole49']yes 360 is terrible for the rrod..but its rare seeing that happen now if you buy a NEW 360..i work at a gaming store (not eb) and i see ps3's come in way more than the 360's have[/QUOTE]I would imagine that's because they'd be sending them to Microsoft instead. 360s have been steadily improving, but PS3s were always solid.

[quote name='No One']I would imagine that's because they'd be sending them to Microsoft instead. 360s have been steadily improving, but PS3s were always solid.[/QUOTE]

Well the most common problem ive seen on the ps3 is the laser dying or becoming weak and not reading everything..i have even seen ps3 slims come in with that problem..and its not just a couple..other than that they have been solid

[quote name='rkpoole49']wow look at all you fanboys for sony..im not even going to bother quoting all of you..yes 360 is terrible for the rrod..but its rare seeing that happen now if you buy a NEW 360..i work at a gaming store (not eb) and i see ps3's come in way more than the 360's have, the only reason why rrod is still out there is cause people keep on fixing the rrod's xboxs that will just rrod again..its like a virus..so consider buying the 360 refurbed one as a rental

360 focuses everything on online..so if your not going online then its not the system for u..i have all the newer gaming systems and like to keep an open mind..so if your considering getting a 360 dont listen to fanboys[/QUOTE]

Not a sony fanboy, just not a 360 advocate. I didn't tell him to not get it period or anything. I had one at one point, nothing wrong with it when it works. Also have you heard the podcast and all three of Cheapy, wombat, and Shipwrecks records on them. Yes they are refurbs, but the new ones they have purchased have also conked out on them.
I am not saying that PS3 is without its faults either. Shit happens and things fail.
But you are right that buying a newer one will be better than buying a refurb, especially if it is your main system.

[quote name='rkpoole49']i work at a gaming store (not eb) and i see ps3's come in way more than the 360's have[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the rise of PS3 problems, mainly the PHATS dieing. I get alot of YLoDs, some Blu-Ray problems, and the odd freezing. BUT, I do not agree with you about the 360. Yes, newer 360s are less likely to die, but they still will die. Since I started repairing consoles, I get atleast 2 360s a week. Some of them bought in 2009. I tell people over and over again about the new 3 year warranty, but there are so many that are persistent about me fixing it, instead of sending it to M$. Some have even offered more money for me to fix their new boxes (I don't accept the extra money of course).

[quote name='RchrdJ']I agree with you about the rise of PS3 problems, mainly the PHATS dieing. I get alot of YLoDs, some Blu-Ray problems, and the odd freezing. BUT, I do not agree with you about the 360. Yes, newer 360s are less likely to die, but they still will die. Since I started repairing consoles, I get atleast 2 360s a week. Some of them bought in 2009.[/QUOTE]

well 360's still come in..just not nearly as many as before..its just the ps3 numbers have risen and i see more ps3's than 360's for repair all over.

well that being said on a different note, singstar volume 2 $9.89 tomorrow..but is that with the mics? does anyone know..and ive found they change the deals on the site very late and at werid random times so its hard to time when to go for the deal online

edit: sorry i meant the 11 day is singstar..and one of the days is sing it free with a purchase of a wii..

Having all 3 systems is the best option. I've never had a bad experience with any current gen system at all. My 3 year old xbox 360 is still kickin, my other 2 xboxs are fine as well.

468x294_consoles.jpg

468x294_singstar.jpg

theres the two upcoming deals i know about

Wario Land shake is a fun platformer well worth the $20. The game also looks very pretty it is like playing a cartoon. A really funny carton with smooth annimation. Watch a trailer.
If your concerned about the bars on the side on a wide screen TV. I didn't notice it after starting the game.

[quote name='No One']Ooo, finally worth it I think.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - WarioLand Shake It is a title that I've wanted... but I try to never pay more than $20 for Wii games unless it's a special case. This deal hits the mark perfectly.

Tomorrow's deal is something called "Naked Brothers Band" for Wii - 5 bucks. Also, Buy 3 get 33% off select used titles.

And as stated, Wednesday is Sing Star for 10 and Thursday is Warioland for 20.

i don't see Singstar Vol 2 on the website so that may be unattainable on their website. i never really see that game around ... this may be a tough one too get. i searched their site and all i get is Singstar Queen and Singstar the Very First one but no Vol 2 .. i think ABBA was their as well but i'm not positive

[quote name='JamesSoprano']i don't see Singstar Vol 2 on the website so that may be unattainable on their website. i never really see that game around ... this may be a tough one too get. i searched their site and all i get is Singstar Queen and Singstar the Very First one but no Vol 2 .. i think ABBA was their as well but i'm not positive[/QUOTE]

its been taken off the site and will be readded for the sale
ive seen the source do this earlier with the same game but for $15

[quote name='firehawk12']Tomorrow's deal is something called "Naked Brothers Band" for Wii - 5 bucks. Also, Buy 3 get 33% off select used titles.

And as stated, Wednesday is Sing Star for 10 and Thursday is Warioland for 20.[/QUOTE]

Nothing there interests me. Good, now I can get some other stuff done and not have to worry about running down a deal.

[quote name='rkpoole49']its been taken off the site and will be readded for the sale
ive seen the source do this earlier with the same game but for $15[/QUOTE]

Thanks For Answering My Question, i wonder what todays Deal Of The Day is hmmmm i'l give them a call i suppose

ugh just found out .. i'm not interested in this deal at all. i'm sitting on the fence on Singstar Vol 2 cause it's a game i don't really see me playing. anyone else feel this way ?

So heres my AC2 story, I checked the stocks online for AC2 and there was both PS3 and 360 CEs available at both store in St-Jean the morning before the deal. Figuring its a safe bet, I drive there and get there 5 min before opening. There is already 2 guys waiting in there car....! The clerk opens the store, my gf push me to go (thank you honey) so I get in first. No PS3 CE left, ask him to call the other nearby store, same thing! So people did buy in advance the day before! And I thought the surburbs were clear of that -_-

Anyhow, I bought the only 360 CE they had, in front of the other guys, in shock :s
So, we then drive to St-Bruno to do some shopping, while on the way, I realize this box looks too good to open it, so I go to get a PS3 regular edition (for trophies) but still ask `I suppose you dont have any CE anymore?` Well at 11:40 they still had 3 360 CEs! So I couldnt resist and the people next to me bought the others...

Bottom end is I'm playing the game right now and for anyone in the area interested I will be selling my copy once I'm done.

bread's done
Back