[Canada]HMV: 50% off ALL RB/GH bundles (starts Feb. 13)

I ended up picking up an Aerosmith Game and guitar for the 360, as I was looking to get another Guitar, and they didn't have the GH:WT game and guitar bundle.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Now that everyone has GH:WT, we should start a band. CAG, Eh! Our sole mission: to destory RFD-- WITH ROCK![/quote]

Can I be the lead singer? I have a horrible voice but I sing with all my heart and give 100% on all performances. :bouncy:

[quote name='stetson717']Can I be the lead singer? I have a horrible voice but I sing with all my heart and give 100% on all performances. :bouncy:[/quote]

sure thats all the counts its from the heart like Mr. W. hung he may not have the vocal talent but hes oozes in charisma ! SHEEE BAAANG!

I went to the HMV in Laval (carrefour laval) and they were basically sold out. All that was left was one box left: Guitar Hero World Tour for Wii ... :(

hit up polo park today in winnipeg. Bunch of ps2 rock band+guitar hero stuff. Lots of ps3 rb2 drum kits, some GH:WT for ps3 and wii. Lotsa aerosmith and gh3 bundles for everything. Complete bands for gh:wt for wii are still available, but rb2's are mostly out now.

why don't people price match this at FS or BB or w/e and save another 10 percent off the difference? makes sence to me.

a lot of times, at least at the fs/bb I'm near, the employees actually phone the other store to see if they still have copies. Otherwise, they won't accept the price match.

I was at the lougheed mall HMV today and they had 1 more GHWT bundle (ps3) and 1 GHWT bundle for ps2, nothing for 360, this was around 2pm

EB does not take any instruments, so the only way hoarders make profit out of this is by selling on kijiji, craigs etc. DIE HOARDERS DIE!!!

[quote name='danthemightyone']EB does not take any instruments, so the only way hoarders make profit out of this is by selling on kijiji, craigs etc. DIE HOARDERS DIE!!![/quote]

My EB says they do. They just won't give you very much. The GH3 PS3 guitar will only net you $10. They might not take drums or microphones but I didn't inquire. They had plenty of games at the HMV at Place D'Orleans. I didn't buy simply because I'm all Rock Star-ed out.

Went to Burrard and Robson at opening and scored me a Rock Band 2 bundle and GH:A for the 360. I was looking for the game + guitar GH:WT bundle for the 360 but they didn't seem to have any. I went back this evening to survey the damage and they had a bunch of everything for the ps2, a ton GH3 and GH:A for all systems, a few GH:WT game + guitar for ps3, a few RB1's for various systems, and one lonely RB2 for the ps3. Many many thanks to Lone for posting this.

Heh seems a few CAGs here live not too far from me. Burrard and Robson is the closest for me as well. I would like to know however how much you guys are getting these bundles for.

I'm considering getting a RB 1 set for 360 if it's only 50 or less.

HMV does have a stock check option on their site, dunno how accurate it is..

Though I guess I'm out of luck getting RB2 SE for the Wii.. Seems it's only available in Eastern Canada :(

For anyone who picks up the GH:WT super bundle, don't forget to also order your free MIDI cable via a warranty claim:

http://www.redoctanegames.com/Warranty/CANADA/Default.aspx

You plug it into the kit then your computer, and fix the sensitivity of the drums. You'll notice that you have to hit the red pad super hard for anything to happen, and then when you hit the yellow symbol it occasionally double-hits.

Plus-- free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't seem to find a Rock Band 1 for PS3 in Ottawa. Out of curiosity, how much is Rock Band 1 (Full Kit) going for?

[quote name='halcyon1234']For anyone who picks up the GH:WT super bundle, don't forget to also order your free MIDI cable via a warranty claim:

http://www.redoctanegames.com/Warranty/CANADA/Default.aspx

You plug it into the kit then your computer, and fix the sensitivity of the drums. You'll notice that you have to hit the red pad super hard for anything to happen, and then when you hit the yellow symbol it occasionally double-hits.

Plus-- free!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Speaking of MIDI usb cables... does anyone know if this will allow me to use the drumset on Drummania?

Can someone in Vancouver post a reciept for Rock Band 2 for Xbox 360?
I'm hoping to do a last minute PM. I won't be able to make it to an HMV before they close since I get off work late.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']RB1 SE is around $140-150 regular.

I wonder why other music games weren't reduced. Lots of DDR and Rock Revolution bundles. :D[/quote]

Isn't RB1 SE $99 regular now?

Well Heres a way to save some money given your HMV does have stock or like me you know someone who works at FS or something!
FS sells the PS3 GHWT super bundle for 230, HMV sells for 200 regular, minus 50% = 100 now the price difference on that is 130 dollars, so take another 10% of the difference and BAMN 87 bux for the GHWT super bundle for PS3 at FS, plus the taxes you save on 147 bux in the final price. That's as cheap as you'll find this bundle for a long time, atleast until GH5 or 6 is out with newer instruments. I'm going to pick mine up today from my buddy at FS who put 1 on hold for me lol

Oh and as far as the hoarders, it sucks if they bought your copy, but at the same time, good on them I guess, I mean you can't tell me every ma and pa store around doesn't do the same thing, it's business and thats how they make their money, just shitty if they're buying em all up not leaving any for anyone else :S

[quote name='uutf']Went to Burrard and Robson at opening and scored me a Rock Band 2 bundle and GH:A for the 360. I was looking for the game + guitar GH:WT bundle for the 360 but they didn't seem to have any. I went back this evening to survey the damage and they had a bunch of everything for the ps2, a ton GH3 and GH:A for all systems, a few GH:WT game + guitar for ps3, a few RB1's for various systems, and one lonely RB2 for the ps3. Many many thanks to Lone for posting this.[/quote]

Hey uutf, are you sure there were guitar bundle for GH:WT for the PS3? I saw some for PS2 but nothing for PS3 yesterday. I called them a moment ago and they said no.

Picked up the last 360 GH4:WT bundle from the Park Royal HMV. They only had PS2 bundles left I think, plus a bunch of GH3.

haha just got home from futureshop and got the GTWT super bundle for PS3 for something like 95 bux after taxes with the price match! thanks again for the heads up!

well I think the sales over now, but you just go to the store tell them about the deal and they should call your local HMV to see if they have it in stock still and to confirm the price, then they price match and beat it by 10 percent of the difference. fortunately for me my buddy works at FS so when it came to price matching it was easy.

On a side note, I hooked it all up to play got my icon drum seat out and everything and my damn drum doesn't work. What a piss off... and of course FS doesn't return opened games, fortunately Red Octane has a preety solid waranty, so I'll be taking advantage of that tomorrow when they are open

[quote name='cwoodward']well I think the sales over now, but you just go to the store tell them about the deal and they should call your local HMV to see if they have it in stock still and to confirm the price, then they price match and beat it by 10 percent of the difference. fortunately for me my buddy works at FS so when it came to price matching it was easy.

On a side note, I hooked it all up to play got my icon drum seat out and everything and my damn drum doesn't work. What a piss off... and of course FS doesn't return opened games, fortunately Red Octane has a preety solid waranty, so I'll be taking advantage of that tomorrow when they are open[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm that the sale is over at HMV?
I don't want to head there today only to find out that it's over.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']Can anyone confirm that the sale is over at HMV?
I don't want to head there today only to find out that it's over.[/quote]

On the picture of the flyer, it says February 13-14 so it's most likely dead now.

I called this morning and they said it was on until the end of the day (end Sun Feb 15th). Still debating on picking up a PS2 GH:WT super bundle.

Anyone know if the instruments are ps3 compatible (from the ps2 kit) like the RB set?

Yeah it's on until the end of Sunday. I went in yesterday but couldn't find anything for 360 except for the Aerosmith bundle. Not sure why, but there were a TON of PS3 bundles of both games, and I even saw a few Wii bundles.

Re: The MIDI cable. It is MIDI-in only, not MIDI Out, so I don't think you can hook it up to Drummania. However, you can plug the USB dongle (for the PS3 version) into your computer, and get input from the drum. I believe some people have some software projects going on to let the drums be used as a drum kit.

Oh yeah, for anyone who is debating-- go get the game. They're both great. The deal is only on for another 3 hours, and you won't see prices like this again. Pick it up, and worst case, you can return in within, what, 7, 14 days?

I checked out the burrard location last night and saw a ton of the ps2 versions, but if there was a ps3 version around, it must have been stashed. This is totally O/T but I also happened upon Arrested Development Season 1 for $9.99 if anyone is interested.

[quote name='awworld']Hey uutf, are you sure there were guitar bundle for GH:WT for the PS3? I saw some for PS2 but nothing for PS3 yesterday. I called them a moment ago and they said no.[/quote]

I only saw a couple for PS2 as well.

my buddies lucked out a few times with the store staff either not calling to confirm price and then just price matching stuff, or the staff calling to price match but failing to ask if it was in stock! and had stuff price matched at FS and BB before that way :S just an idea if anyone wants to try it!

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I only saw a couple for PS2 as well.[/quote]

So I had to get the PS3 GH3 guitar bundle since I could not find any GHWT guitar bundle. It was pretty tough finding a PS3 GH3 bundle, none in Metrotown, Oakridge, Lougheed or Robson. I had to drive to Park Royal to pick one up. When I left they had one more. I only needed it for the guitar. Any one know what the tiv for the game?

[quote name='cwoodward']my buddies lucked out a few times with the store staff either not calling to confirm price and then just price matching stuff, or the staff calling to price match but failing to ask if it was in stock! and had stuff price matched at FS and BB before that way :S just an idea if anyone wants to try it![/quote]

k thanks might try it in the future price matches are usually impossible when they arent a flyer deal especially this one is only limited time special :(

bread's done
Back