[Canada] Mass Effect 2 - 360 - $19.97 @ TRU

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
If this is a repost, I'm sorry! I didn't find anything when I searched.

Just got back from Toys R Us at Vaughan Mills; they had Mass Effect 2 for 360 for $19.97! Good deal IMO, better than the Rogers Video 2/$40 since this is new. I bought one...now to play the first lolz

It's also on the website, but OOS so PMing might be difficult.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=3934677&prodFindSrc=search&foreSeeEnabled=true

They also had some other pretty decent price drops. Off the top of my head:

Ninja Blade - $10
Brutal Legend - $10
Darksiders - $20
Resistance: Retribution - $10

Not amazing, but good enough if you missed out on this months other sales.

EDIT: With receipt image:
me2wf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find. Wonder if Ill grab one of wait for the inevitable 10$ sale....Too bad I was there yesterday night and didnt see this.

Good thing is we all know its gonna keep its value (>8$ TIV) for months & months to come, basically making it a free rental.

Brutal Legend is definitely worth the $10. Game was majorly underappreciated IMO. Great game, I bought it the day it came out.

As far as Mass Effect 2 goes, if I can get to a TRU before the sale is over, I'll pick it up, maybe even Ninja Blade at that price.

@afterburn999: if you're looking for an adventure game, you might wanna look elsewhere. While I agree with placebo that the game is definitely underapriciated, it turns into an RTS game after the first few levels, and if you're not into that style of game than this isn't for you.

[quote name='quakeman101']@afterburn999: if you're looking for an adventure game, you might wanna look elsewhere. While I agree with placebo that the game is definitely underapriciated, it turns into an RTS game after the first few levels, and if you're not into that style of game than this isn't for you.[/QUOTE]

I think you meant to say it turned into a "crappy" RTS after the first few levels. If only that game stuck to its hack n' slash/action gameplay it would have been great

It was very basic RTS elements, not enough to ever classify it as a strategy game though. Loved Brutal Legend from start to finish, fun story and awesome dialogue. :)

I'm probably in a very very small minority here, but Brutal Legend was my favourite game of last year, mostly due to how well the game embraces Metal and infuses it into every single fibre of the game.

Thanks for the heads up. The TRU on Macleod Trail had all of the above mentioned games but at higher prices. Had them scan Mass Effect 2 and sure enough it came up @ $19 so I snagged 1 of the 2 copies they had left.

I spotted more titles on sale at TRU. Here's what I remember.

360:
Bionic Commando - &6.47
Golden Axe: Beast Rider - $12.97
LEGO Rock Band - $9.97
Prince of Persia - $9.97
Stormrise - $12.97
Tomb Raider: Underworld - $9.97
Wanted: Weapons of Fate - $9.97
Wolverine: Uncaged Edition - $19.97
WWE: Legends of WrestleMania - $9.97

PS3:
LEGO Rock Band - $9.97
Singstar bundle with 2 mics - $9.97 (YMMV on this one)
Wolverine: Uncaged Edition - $19.97

Wii:
Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter - $9.97
Overlord: Dark Legend - $9.98
Scene it? Bright Lights, Big Screen - $9.97

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kyle071785']I think you meant to say it turned into a "crappy" RTS after the first few levels. If only that game stuck to its hack n' slash/action gameplay it would have been great[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100% I loved everything about the game. The music, graphics, level design, even Jack Black was great!

But those drawn out RTS parts were awful! Especially if you spent 20min in battle and ended up losing. I ended up trading in the game I was so pissed.

bread's done
Back