[Canada][Non-Gaming] WM/BB/HMV HD DVD clearence

Corizzle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Just in case people don't visit RFD, Wal-Mart has clearenced most of their HD DVDs.

Picked up:

300 - $17.87 (the least hottest of the bunch)
Eastern Promises - $8.87
Hot Fuzz - $8.87
Lucky # Slevin - $6.87

Edit:

Best Buy has also put select HD DVDs on sale, mostly the same one's as Wal-Mart so if you had no luck at Wal-Mart check your local BB.

HMV also has put these HD DVDs on sale:
http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/simpleSearch.do?searchMode=1&searchType=2&keywords=HDD&sort=3|1

If link doesn't work go to hmv.ca and search for HDD

The link should be all HD DVDs ordered from cheapest to most expensive, but make sure before ordering that in the description it says "Format: HDD", those should be HD DVDs.

Note that HMV.ca is known to take very long to ship, so don't blame the messenger if you don't get your package for a while.

No go on Transformers or Zodiac drops, cheapest is still $20 from Amazon.com or DeepDiscount.com

Pan's Labyrinth is another decent priced title, $6.88.

[quote name='Corizzle']Just in case people don't visit RFD, Wal-Mart has clearenced most of their HD DVDs.[/quote]

I visit RFD but not Wal-Mart... too far. :whistle2:(

Don't bother going to the Wal Mart in Clairview in Edmonton. There's only a handful left and they're all old titles like The Warriors. Don't know if they were marked down but nothing good enough to even bother checking.

[quote name='Zowsky']went to my local one and they said hd dvds wont be going on sale till may[/quote]

Did you try scanning some of the ones known to be down in price? Kingston Wal-Mart only recently marked them down and even then they didn't mark them properly and missed some.

From what I know...

Cheaper:
300 - $17.87
Atonement - $8.87
Balls of Fury - $8.87
Eastern Promises - $8.87
Knocked Up - $17.87
Harry Potter (Various) - $14-19
Hot Fuzz - $8.87
Lucky # Slevin - $6.87
Pan's Labyrinth - $6.87
The Bourne Identity - $12.82
The Bourne Supremacy - $12.82
The Bourne Ultimatum - $17.87

Not Cheaper:
Planet Earth
Shrek The Third
Transformers
Zodiac

Any others listed I don't know

ATONEMENT for 8 bucks? fuck...
Picked up HollywoodLand for 8.XX and Bourne Supremacy for 12.XX
Not terrible, but no Hot Fuzz or anything else.

A TON of HD-DVD are 14.XX...

I went yesterday and they had a good deal of dvd's at the location at Westbrook Mall in Calgary. I picked up a bunch of movies, I got there just as they finished their price reductions on the dvd's and they removed a bunch from the shelf that were not on sale to send back (blood diamond and Ice age) were some of the ones sent back didnt get a look at what else as it was in a partially sealed box. Got all of the ocean movies for 43

Rather then creating a new topic, bumping this one up.

HMV and Best Buy have lowered prices on some, but most are the same ones cheap at Wal-Mart. Still would be worthwhile checking if you were looking for Pan's or Hot Fuzz and didn't find it at Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Azumangaman']What kind of prices at HMV/Best Buy?
EDIT: Nevermind, saw the link
Edit2: NVM, Link doesnt work![/quote]

Should work now, if not then go to HMV.ca and search for HDD, then sort by price if you want to see the cheap ones

They are basically the same ones on sale at Wal-Mart with a few extra ones

For BB is it in store only? I looked online and doesn't look like anything is marked down.

Seems like it

[quote name='GuardianFlash']I was at Best Buy today on Cambie & 6th West Vancouver, no HDDVDs on sale. Where you guys seeing all these cheap HDDVDs.[/quote]

It's only certain ones, look at HMV.ca too see the ones that are on sale everywhere. Most likely the one you went to had already been cleared out by RFD hoarders

Prices haven't dropped yet at Future Shop, so that means a pm opportunity :)
I got Pans Labyrinth for $4.99 last night, pm'd to HMV.ca where it's $6.99.

[quote name='slugbug']Prices haven't dropped yet at Future Shop, so that means a pm opportunity :)
I got Pans Labyrinth for $4.99 last night, pm'd to HMV.ca where it's $6.99.[/quote]
WOW. That totally did NOT occur to me. I'll have to try that tomorrow.

[quote name='Azumangaman']WOW. That totally did NOT occur to me. I'll have to try that tomorrow.[/quote]

That didn't occur to me either, too bad some copies of the movies aren't even in stock.... -.-;; I wonder how much of a hassle it'll be to order it online...

Anyone who took a chance on HMV.ca, if you check some/all of your titles should be ready to be shipped. All of mine are. Not bad turn around for HMV, as I waited a month for my games order last fall and even then 2 never came in

Went to the Best Buy in Burlington. I was incredibly happy with the results.
For 7.99 each:
Shaun of The Dead
Hot Fuzz
Clerks II
Fearless

Sorry for Zombifying this thread :)

I went to Entertainment Liquidators in Mississauga today, they had a bunch of HD-DVD movies for $7. They all seemed brand new.

The only titles I recall were An American Werewolf in London & Balls of Fury. There were at least 12 different titles, but my memory is bad...

Some titles that were at the Zellers I just went to:

Stardust (picked up this one)
Army of Darkness (Also DVD format, got this one as well)
That figure skating comedy
Face/Off
Transformers special edition
World Trade center
Arctic Journey (or something)
American Werewolf in London

and a few more I'm forgetting.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Zellers in Guelph literally has HUNDREDS of HD-DVDs sitting in the middle of their aisles... all priced at 6.99, I believe. Check there, all.[/quote]
Wow. Why don't I live in Guelph?
I saw a copy of Children Of Men HD-DVD for $4.78 in Ancaster. I would've grabbed it,but alas, I already have it :)

[quote name='poiuiu']Some titles that were at the Zellers I just went to:

Army of Darkness (Also DVD format, got this one as well)[/quote]

You just purchased the greatest movie ever put to film.

For 7 bucks before tax, you have to be a brainless zombie (and thus have your head blown to pieces) to not buy it!

Sears has some stuff in a bin. 2 for $12 or $6.99 each. Only decent titles I saw at mine were The Breakup, Hot Fuzz, Mr Bean, and Evan Almighty. Bin should be in electronics or really anywhere... Used to be located near kidswear.

Zellers at Brentwood in Burnaby and Lansdowne in Richmond have both received a fresh shipment. They had tons of all these as of 8pm last night. (credit to jlo mein @ RFD)

Accepted
Alpha Dog
An American Werewolf in London
Animal House
Army Of Darkness
Artic tale
Atonement
Balls of Fury
Beowulf
Black Snake Moan
Blades of Glory
Breach
The Breakfast Club
Brokeback Mountain
Children of Men
Chuck and Larry
Dazed and Confused
Dead Silence
Disturbia
Dreamgirls
Eastern Promises
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Evan Almighty
Evening
Face Off
Failure to Launch
Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Fearless
Four Brothers
The Good Shepherd
Half Baked
The Heartbreak Kid
The Hitcher
Hollywoodland
Hot Fuzz
Hot Rod
The Kingdom
Land of the Dead
Miami Vice
A Mighty Heart
Mr Bean's Holiday
Nacho Libre
Next
Norbit
The Scorpion King
Shooter
Sleepy Hollow
Slither
Smokin' Aces
Stardust
Talk to Me
Top Gun
Transformers
Unleashed
Waist Deep
World Trade Center

May have one been or two I missed....but anyways, priced at $6.99

In case anyone is still looking for HD-DVDs, the Walmart in Bolton had these titles for 2/$10

Transformers
Hot Rod
Shrek 3
Beowulf
Norbit

They were in one of those yellow DVD displays in a middle aisle nearest the entertainment section.

bread's done
Back