[CANADA] PSP Stamina battery pack: Rogers Video: Now $5: Car Charger $2

poiuiu

CAGiversary!
The title says it all.

Saw this the other day and was surprised but couldn't grab one at the time. A few days later I went to the Futureshop near there, because I didn't have the time, and tried to price match it; it worked. Got myself another Stamina battery pack for the pspbrick to go with my pandora battery though the bastards at FS didn't give me the 10% competitor's price thing. Ah well, they buy these things from Sony for 31 bucks so whatever (and they charge 41.99 for it as well). :p

So, yeah for those who has a PSP, slim or regular, hit this up cause the 'new' battery pack that is being released soon for the slim is the same Stamina pack as the one that's out right now but with a new battery cover (which you can buy for a few pennies online anyway).

Happy hunting.

PS: obviously try not to share this with rfd :p

It's odd, I never actually realized that I only get 2 hours, that is until it was mentioned. Gonna go give this stamina pack a try. Thanks poiuiu!

I was kidding on the 2 hour battery life thing. :p

Though the more intensive a game pushes the psp (especially in 333 mode), the less battery life you get (obviously).

As for comparasons of this with the pack-in battery, I've heard reports of games that give you 8 hours or so, it gets bumped up to to 11 or 12. So even if it's only 20 percent more juice, it's a few more hours before you need a recharge.

Also, this is perfect for cfw (don't ask me how to do this, I don't know).

I just picked up 2 of these from the diefenbaker one in saskatoon. One for me and one for my friend to use as a jigkick.

the only thing was they were 4.99! i was like. uhhh this is sick.

I have been going through rogers waiting for 2-40$ anyways so today was a good day. last time i saw these was about a month ago and they were 39.99. I pulled other price tags, they were 49.99 then 39.99 then 9.99 then 4.99. both of the ones i have are stickered to hell. reminds me of eb games when they have GOTW haha

Also, these give the slim ones TONS of life. i think 9.5 hours when fully charged it says lol
too bad they are too fat and stick out the back on the slims, my friend is waiting for a battery so he uses a big fat rubber band heh

i did read that the psp 2000 stamina is coming out soon, even with replacement covers for the slim. (good idea cuz the slim battery cover sucks balls compared to the older phatty)

good news to some.... 4.99
wtf

[quote name='northofamerica']

i did read that the psp 2000 stamina is coming out soon, even with replacement covers for the slim. (good idea cuz the slim battery cover sucks balls compared to the older phatty)

good news to some.... 4.99
wtf[/quote]

As I said in this thread, the Stamina for the slim is pretty much a repackaged fatty Stamina battery. Just buy one of these, find a replacement cover online (Sony's own playstation store might even carry them soon) and reap the rewards.

magiic: sorry bud. :(

Just came back from Rogers and the PSP car charger (har) dropped from 5 bucks to 2 bucks. Not bad for a paperweight that used to cost 40 bucks. :p

Thanks OP! I bought the last 2 at a Rogers in Woodbridge for $5 each

My friend just bought a PSPhat, this is a great gift for him!

[quote name='poiuiu']Just came back from Rogers and the PSP car charger (har) dropped from 5 bucks to 2 bucks. Not bad for a paperweight that used to cost 40 bucks. :p[/quote]

yeah. I p[icked up one of these today, I also picked up 2 ac chargers...1.99 each, and a battery marked 49.99 when scanned it was 4.99.

some of the 360 faceplates were 4.99 and i also saw some M$ component cables for 360 that were priced at 9.99. The svid ones didnt have any price change...and they were in the same store so ymmv on them.

Northofamerica

When you say AC charger, do you mean a spare battery recharger or just a replacement PSP power brick?

Got 2 Sony Battery Pks @ $4.99 each And Sony Car Adapter @ $1.99

Victoria B.C Canada Tillicum location

2 for forty deal is going on as well

Thanks OP, picked up the battery:applause:. Now I got to find a way to get the old battery out of the PSP, its really lodged in their. Any suggestions on how to get the battery out of the new PSP 2000 (I never had troubles getting the battery out of the oldschool psp)?

[quote name='poiuiu']When you say AC charger, do you mean a spare battery recharger or just a replacement PSP power brick?[/quote]
I had the battery charger scanned yesterday, and it was still $29.99.

In Ottawa: College Square has 2 car chargers. Meadowlands & Merivale, Richmond Rd., and Carling Ave have nothing.

Anybody in Ottawa find an extra battery or two? I'd love to take them off your hands for a resonable price.

Dammit, I just haven't had time to check out my local Rogers'. I guess all the batteries will be long gone before I can (if they aren't already). Anybody mind selling me a spare if they found multiples? I don't mind paying some extra for time/shipping/etcetera.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm getting one.

[quote name='ragnar14']Dammit, I just haven't had time to check out my local Rogers'. I guess all the batteries will be long gone before I can (if they aren't already). Anybody mind selling me a spare if they found multiples? I don't mind paying some extra for time/shipping/etcetera.[/quote]
If no one has any extra I would check ebay. There was a few people on there selling real ones in the same stamina packages for 10$ after shipping in Canada.

Also BBV used to have these on clearance for 25$ if you cant order online.

I picked up another car charger, it was hidden behind some other accessories...I found a standalone battery charger but it still scanned at 25$ or something.

Make sure if you do see a battery or charger and it is priced higher than 1.99$ to get it scanned. I have needed to do that 2 times now.

[quote name='mabba18']Anybody in Ottawa find an extra battery or two? I'd love to take them off your hands for a resonable price.[/quote]
Still one left at the Kanata Centrum location.

[quote name='jarjarrick']Still one left at the Kanata Centrum location.[/quote]
Thanks, but it's long gone. $40 at FS though. :evil:

Would one of you friendly Canucks be willing to ship one of these batteries to NY for me? I'd cover cost and shipping expenses, of course.

bread's done
Back