Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Dante's Inferno
Fable 2 (lol)
Mass Effect 2
Lost Planet 2

3 for $25 all used games under $19.99 - already on
50% off new and used PS2 and PSP games and hardware

Trade 2 for Starcraft 2 (available July 27)

See the eligible title list: http://rogersplus.ca/games/gamestradein_eligible_titles.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to finally try Bioshock? My brother has the first, though I haven't played it yet. Mass Effect, the little I played of the first, was sweet.

Damnit, I committed myself to two games this month too...

Thanks TripleQ!

[quote name='thegamecubist']Time to finally try Bioshock? My brother has the first, though I haven't played it yet. Mass Effect, the little I played of the first, was sweet.

Damnit, I committed myself to two games this month too...

Thanks TripleQ![/QUOTE]
Judging by your P4 signature, you are an individual of good taste. Do yourself a favor and play through ME and then ME2. I liked Bioshock personally but the game engine really got on my nerves after a while. Wasn't tight enough for a FPS, if you ask me.

how does rogers make any sense, basically all of the games on their 2/40 list are on their elgible list for trade ins for starcraft 2, anyone with half a brain would simply pick up 2/40 and them trade them in and save 20+ dollars, plus you could play the games all month and finish them, then do the trade in....makes you wonder what goes on at head office somtimes.

*note to self, rogers will likely supply each store with one copy of starcraft 2, thus killing the trade in deal, hahaha

Was waiting to know what they have for July, only to be disappointed that it's mostly stuff from the month before. :(

Ah well, Mass Effect 2 and Something else 2 it is.

Wow bargain price for Mass Effect 2. Everybody must go and pick up this game (but please play ME1 first). As for Dante's Inferno well avoid that game with a 10 foot pole.

I may actually check out the used games earlier this month before all the hoarders come along and kill the buy 3 for $25.

I'm looking forward to picking some 2/$40 titles up. I think even at half price though the PSP Go isn't worth it. Although the slim models with custom firmware at half price is good.

The stores in Ottawa are filled with the 6 games listed in the 2 for $40 deal. Fable 2 can be had used for $20 at a lot of stores, though.

[quote name='RogersTed']PSP Hardware is 50% off as well. Unsure if it's just slim models or if the Go is included.[/QUOTE] That is pretty hot, when does this promo start? I'm thinking of picking up a PSP-3000 to compliment my PSP-1000 and 2000.

All the promos start July 1st, except for 3 for $25 deal which is ongoing...

If you are in Ottawa, the store in Gloucester on Ogilvie rd. has over 1000+ games for the 3 for $25 deal...

[quote name='RogersTed']PSP Hardware is 50% off as well. Unsure if it's just slim models or if the Go is included.[/QUOTE]

Where does it state that or where did you fine that info? Their website promo section says nothing about hardware being 50% off.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']Wow bargain price for Mass Effect 2. Everybody must go and pick up this game (but please play ME1 first). As for Dante's Inferno well avoid that game with a 10 foot pole.

I may actually check out the used games earlier this month before all the hoarders come along and kill the buy 3 for $25.[/QUOTE]

The 3/25 is already on (for a week or so) so most stores have already been hoarded.

And yes, the T2 for Starcraft doesn't make any sense combined with the 2/40.. but their trade in list has never made any sense since the beginning, so this is nothing new.

[quote name='Worldwake']All the promos start July 1st, except for 3 for $25 deal which is ongoing...

If you are in Ottawa, the store in Gloucester on Ogilvie rd. has over 1000+ games for the 3 for $25 deal...[/QUOTE]

I wish i knew of this when I lived in Ottawa! I used to go to the downtown store (Bank Street?) and there generally wasn't too much there.

[quote name='hardy83']Where does it state that or where did you fine that info? Their website promo section says nothing about hardware being 50% off.[/QUOTE]

It's in the ePlus flyer for July. Starts July.1 and as I said Im not sure if it includes the PSP Go or if it's just slim models.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Wait, the PSP 50% off is on hardware? I asked them in June if it applied to accessories and they said no, only games.[/QUOTE]

It's applied to accessories all of June. It likely wasn't communicated well. Starting tomorrow it applies to hardware in addition to games and accessories.

Oh crap, there's a PSP cable I'd have bought at 50% off but I asked the guy IN JUNE and he said games only! I checked my Rogers today and they only have one PSP, the Rock Band bundle for $200. Their new game selection is pretty crappy in general, seems like they want to/have already cleared out anything that isn't the big 3 consoles, and then all the games for those consoles are $70. Is there something in writing that says accessories are 50 off? I'd like to take it in and get that cable.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Oh crap, there's a PSP cable I'd have bought at 50% off but I asked the guy IN JUNE and he said games only! I checked my Rogers today and they only have one PSP, the Rock Band bundle for $200. Their new game selection is pretty crappy in general, seems like they want to/have already cleared out anything that isn't the big 3 consoles, and then all the games for those consoles are $70. Is there something in writing that says accessories are 50 off? I'd like to take it in and get that cable.[/QUOTE]

If you bring one up it should scan at 50% off. Same with the PSP hardware.

Hmm, that PSP starter package isn't that bad then at $20. I think it's some PSP branded in-ear headphones and a 4 GB memory stick?

I wonder if there is an 8 GB PSP-branded memory stick? Depending on the price it would be a pretty decent deal...

I think the hoarders will be trollfacing Lost Planet 2 right now.

Better get out there before the hoarders do if you want psp stuff. Even if stuff is not priced properly it will scan properly and you can demonstrate your superior knowledge :eek:)

Just got back from my Rogers and there was pretty much nothing worth picking up. Just a ton of Assassin's Creed 2, some Mass Effect 2 and some Fable 2. No Lost Planet 2 at all. I actually went in to look at the BOGO PPV bluray and dvds, but didn't find anything that interested me. They didn't have much in the way of psp stuff at all either. Kind of a wasted trip, but at least they're only across the street.

Just bought a PSP Go for $125. That's a pretty awesome deal. Thanks OP.

Now i just have to wait to sell off that new Metal Gear Solid PSP pack that I got earlier this month. Anybody looking for a the Metal Gear pack? It is listed for $130 by I'd sell it to any CAG for $100.

[quote name='snuter']Just bought a PSP Go for $125. That's a pretty awesome deal. Thanks OP.

Now i just have to wait to sell off that new Metal Gear Solid PSP pack that I got earlier this month. Anybody looking for a the Metal Gear pack? It is listed for $130 by I'd sell it to any CAG for $100.[/QUOTE]
It's not the Big Boss camo version, right? Just solid green? If it was camo with no dead pixels I'd be on it.

[quote name='RogersTed']If you bring one up it should scan at 50% off. Same with the PSP hardware.[/QUOTE]
That's great, thanks man. Too bad I only have 17 reward points or I could take off another $10.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']It's not the Big Boss camo version, right? Just solid green? If it was camo with no dead pixels I'd be on it.[/QUOTE]

You're right. Just the "Spirited Green" PSP 3000, with a UMD version of Peace Walker, UMD movie 2012, a 2gb Memory stick, battery, AC cables, USB cable and registration info stuff. No dead pixels though.

They also have B1G1 on ALL used movies (Blu + DVD) until July 5th. Its an incredible deal, grabbed Shutter Island and The Road, both on blu for $21.99+tax.

Just picked up Jak & Daxter PSP and PSP component cables for $10 each. I mentioned that I heard PSP hardware was half off also, he didn't believe that but I didn't have him check cause I wasn't buying any.

[quote name='TripleQ']HOT! 2/$40 for the following USED games - starts July 1

Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Dante's Inferno
Fable 2 (lol)
Mass Effect 2
Lost Planet 2
[/QUOTE]

I own Assassin's Creed 2, Fable 2, and Mass Effect 2. And, I don't care for the remaining 3 at all, so I guess I'm saving cash for another sale. :)

PSP Go for 140 (after tax) awwwwsome. LOVE this site. lol

Now they just better give me my 3 free games because they sold me an older model of the Go with the crap Rock Band thing.

Anyone know of a Rogers in Toronto that still has a decent selection of PSP titles? My Rogers has virtually nothing. I'd be interested in maybe Daxter or God of War Chains of Olympus. And I'd want LittleBigPlanet but I think Rogers still prices that at $40 so 50% off is not a deal. Oh yeah and I also want Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops or Portable Ops Plus.

Thanks OP and RogersTed!
Today I picked up:
PSP 3000 Gran Turismo (w/ 2GB memory stick, Gran Turismo, and the Italian Job UMD) - $100.00
Official PSP Travel Case - $5.00
Killzone Liberation - $10.00
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - $7.50
For a grand total of $138.43 and savings of $138.43!
Thanks again!

wow good thing I didn't clue in on the PSP deal earlier today when I was there earlier. I've been spending on games lately like crazy. I picked up ME2 and Bioshock 2 and a bunch of Blu Rays with the B1G1.

but 100$ for a PSP is really tempting!?!?!? also have enough points for 10$ off. decisions, decisions.....

almost forgot... thanks for the post... been looking forward to ME2 for a while now.

A lot of picked over stuff at my Rogers, but I got...

Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman and Sonic's Genesis Collection all for $25

Rats, foiled again! So I had this plan worked out where I was going to rent the final movie I needed to get 20 reward points = $10 off a PSN card. So he goes to scan it and turns out you can't redeem points on a PSN card.

BTW, does anyone know if you can redeem star reward points at any location? I assume you can. I need to find a Rogers that has stuff I actually want to use my points on, the local store has jack.

Yes, Star Points can be used/redeemed/acquired at any Rogers Plus location that sells/rents games/movies.

Insane deal on PSP Go's right there. Since you'll be getting LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, and Socom: Fireteam Bravo 3 voucher codes in a email a few weeks after just entering the PSN store. (It doesn't matter if the packaging doesn't say this. All models purchased at this point are applicable)

I'd buy another one, but no Rogers store near.

I'm sure this isn't allowed, but is there any chance you can return a movie to a different Rogers location than you got it? I ask because I'm gonna go hit up 3 different Rogers tomorrow in search of PSP deals and then I'd have to make another separate trip to my local one to return a movie.

If it's a rental you have to return it to the original store you rented it from. If it's a purchase you're returning it's possible to return it to a different store, but some staff will try to send you back to the original store you purchased it from.

I just went to 4 Rogers, mostly looking for PSP deals. Only walked away with one, Portable Ops Plus for $7.50. I could have gotten Resistance Retribution for $10, and I'm starting to wish I had. One store had some PSP selection, 2 had virtually zero selection, and the 4th didn't stock PSP whatsoever.

[quote name='TripleQ']HOT! 2/$40 for the following USED games - starts July 1

Assassin's Creed 2
Bioshock 2
Dante's Inferno
Fable 2 (lol)
Mass Effect 2
Lost Planet 2

3 for $25 all used games under $19.99 - already on
50% off new and used PS2 and PSP games and hardware

Trade 2 for Starcraft 2 (available July 27)

See the eligible title list: http://rogersplus.ca/games/gamestradein_eligible_titles.asp[/QUOTE]

Anyone seen silent hill shattered memories for the ps2 in Ottawa? Would pick up a copy if I can find one 50% off...

Man, the employees at Rogers are clueless when it comes to promotions. You'd think they would know what their store is offering, considering they work there. At my local store one employee claimed that the 50% off PSP games were on used games only. Not true, I corrected him. Another time a different employee claimed the 50% off didn't apply to accessories. Not true. A third time I went there I mentioned the fact that PSP hardware was also 50% off and the original first employee didn't believe me. I went to a second Rogers today and that guy was under the impression that 50% off was only on hardware. Crazy, they don't have any idea what the hell is going on.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Man, the employees at Rogers are clueless when it comes to promotions. You'd think they would know what their store is offering, considering they work there. At my local store one employee claimed that the 50% off PSP games were on used games only. Not true, I corrected him. Another time a different employee claimed the 50% off didn't apply to accessories. Not true. A third time I went there I mentioned the fact that PSP hardware was also 50% off and the original first employee didn't believe me. I went to a second Rogers today and that guy was under the impression that 50% off was only on hardware. Crazy, they don't have any idea what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a bit embarrassing. I'd attribute it to a lack of initiative/motivation. Ultimately it comes down to getting what you pay for.

[quote name='magiic']It's definitely a bit embarrassing. I'd attribute it to a lack of initiative/motivation. Ultimately it comes down to getting what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

I would also blame a lack of training and information coming down directly from head office.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Man, the employees at Rogers are clueless when it comes to promotions. You'd think they would know what their store is offering, considering they work there. At my local store one employee claimed that the 50% off PSP games were on used games only. Not true, I corrected him. Another time a different employee claimed the 50% off didn't apply to accessories. Not true. A third time I went there I mentioned the fact that PSP hardware was also 50% off and the original first employee didn't believe me. I went to a second Rogers today and that guy was under the impression that 50% off was only on hardware. Crazy, they don't have any idea what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE]
I hear you. The day the 3 for $25 deal started none of the stores I visited knew it was happening. It was to the point they were almost arguing with me that I had no idea what I was talking about. Imagine their surprise when the scanned in the games and they came up as 3 for $25 automatically.

That sounds like the reverse of an experience I had at Zellers where we saw a sign taped to the Fisher Price toys that said buy one get one half off on all FS toys. So we take them to the checkout and it won't scan in with the discount. The cashier refused to believe us so I tracked down a store flyer that showed the discount. She was still trying to call the toy department and see what was up, then she says a toy department guy will come down. We waited and nobody came so she finally just manually put in the discount. It took about 15 minutes. Then a few days later we went back to get more before the sale was over and the same thing happened! I find Zellers has about the worst service of any store, I sure would hate to try to get a price match there. At least at Rogers the computer seems to know the deals even if the employees don't.

Back to Rogers, throughout May and June I'd been into my local Rogers at least 10 times and there's never been any indication that there was a half off deal on PSP & PS2. Yesterday I checked out 3 other Rogers looking for deals and ONE of them actually did have a sign, but it was a small text print out that only said half price on PS2. I'm not trying to say that these employees are dumb people, but they sure are ignorant and if someone is in charge of advertising deals in-store they aren't doing a good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just occurred to me. Does the 50% off on PSP software apply to the PSN game cards too? Not the ones that are 20 and 50 bucks, but the ones that are voucher codes for actual games.

bread's done
Back