[Canada] Rogers Plus: 2 for $40 coming up

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739881

Supposedly in the next two weeks, should start. Obviously we have absolutely no head start on the hoarders as it's already on RFD =p

Post your Want Lists here so other CAGs can keep you in mind when checking their stores.

I'm looking for (GVR)
- Street Fighter IV (PS3/360)
- Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3)
- Killzone 2 (PS3)
- Chrono Trigger (DS)
- Star Ocean Second Evolution (PSP)

I'm looking for
- Street Fighter IV (PS3)
- Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
- Chronicles of Riddick (PS3)

Looking for:
Street Fighter 4 (PS3 or 360)
NBA 2K9 (PS3 or 360)

Located in Richmond/Surrey

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note that it's useless to post what you want if you don't list your location. And please, please return the favour. Remember that CAG Canada is a community!

Looking for:

(all PS3)
Valkyrie Chronicles (umm, price drop anyone?) :roll:
Street Fighter IV

acceptable substitute:

RE5

wow. I can't believe that's all I'm after...the timing of these things really leaves something to be desired...

awesome. i've got a few stores around me. i'll keep an eye out.

i'll be looking for:
- sf4 (ps3)
- skate 2 (360)
- possibly resistance 2 (ps3) or tomb raider underworld (360)
- and possibly wolverine (360), though it may be too early...who knows though.

[quote name='neksus']Maybe I can buy some 2/$40 games with $40 tivs![/QUOTE]More like "mebbe I can by sum 2/40 turds and traed dem 4 40 lulz"

Hopefully it happens sooner than later, maybe that way it will catch people off guard and there will be games in stock. I know lately I saw 2 SFIV at my local RV and I'm hoping to grab one. But who knows, if we have to wait 2 weeks then people may even buy the used ones we want at full price without knowing.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Dragon Quest V, Valkyrie Profile CotP, possibly Chrono Trigger and Suikoden Tierkreis (all DS)

I'm in Edmonton's southside; 51ave, Millwoods, Capilano, all pretty doable.

I'll be looking for big name DS games this time around. There isn't one PS3 game I want; I got them all via the 2/$40 trade last time around and then after beating them, traded them to help pay for the 2009 releases.

I saw 1 copy of Valkyria Chronicles at the Merivale/Meadowlands and Baseline/Woodroofe locations here in Ottawa. They also had several copies of Chronicles Of Riddick and Killzone 2. I don't own a Wii or Xbox 360 so I don't know what they have. Suffice to say that this time around there should be plenty of games as people having been trading them for store credit.

So...with location, are you guys willing to pay shipping?
There's...4 Rogers off the top of my head here in Saskatoon and most generally have stock for a bit.

[quote name='Rocky071']Dragon Quest V, Valkyrie Profile CotP, possibly Chrono Trigger and Suikoden Tierkreis (all DS)

I'm in Edmonton's southside; 51ave, Millwoods, Capilano, all pretty doable.[/QUOTE]

I work beside 51st ave, so I can check that one if you want to do Millwoods and/or Caplilano. Those two locations seem to be much better than 51st--the harpy that runs the place tends to "opt out" of the 2/40, and is generally a very unpleasant person to deal with. :roll:

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']More like "mebbe I can by sum 2/40 turds and traed dem 4 40 lulz"[/QUOTE]

hahaha...channeling your inner klepto?

[quote name='neksus']So...with location, are you guys willing to pay shipping?
There's...4 Rogers off the top of my head here in Saskatoon and most generally have stock for a bit.[/QUOTE]I'd pay shipping for RE5, SFIV, and Killzone 2 =)

At work yesterday I didn't hear anything, but I'll let you guys know if and when I hear anything. I can't wait to pick up a few titles myself though...

Good luck guys...but with this on RFD most games will be gone before any of the gamers have any chance at then. Our only hope is that TIV is low for some of the most wanted titles :whee:

[quote name='Domerchuchu']Good luck guys...but with this on RFD most games will be gone before any of the gamers have any chance at then. Our only hope is that TIV is low for some of the most wanted titles :whee:[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Plus we should all stop kidding ourselves. The same hoarders that watch RFD watch CAG as well.
The only way to get around that would be to start your own version of the stonecutters.....

Who keeps the trade in values down?
Who kicks the hoarders out of town?
WE DO! WE DO!

Who keeps the sales under wraps?
Who hides the best games at the back of the rack?
WE DO! WE DO!

LOL.. yeah, im easily amused.

[quote name='collector42']I work beside 51st ave, so I can check that one if you want to do Millwoods and/or Caplilano. Those two locations seem to be much better than 51st--the harpy that runs the place tends to "opt out" of the 2/40, and is generally a very unpleasant person to deal with. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Sure, keep me posted :D When this thing finally starts I'll hustle over to Millwoods one, if I have the time.

smithfan: hahah Nice.

Lol..catchy :bouncy: Yeah I know the low TIV was just wishful thinking on my part ;)

[quote name='smithfan']Wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Plus we should all stop kidding ourselves. The same hoarders that watch RFD watch CAG as well.
The only way to get around that would be to start your own version of the stonecutters.....

WE DO! WE DO!

WE DO! WE DO!

LOL.. yeah, im easily amused.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='smithfan']
WE DO! WE DO!

WE DO! WE DO!
[/QUOTE]

That didn't make my day, as it was quite made already...but you have greatly enhanced it. Have a cookie! :D *gives cookie*

So many possible games...so little money. This sale is going to be c-c-c-c-c-crazyhorse.

Alright, well I'm in Oshawa so I'll be hitting those stores plus hopefully in Courtice/Bowmanville area as well. Anyone in the area want to join forces, let me know.

I'm looking for a bunch of games or so, all for Xbox 360.

Resident Evil 5
Halo Wars
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Chronicles of Riddick
Fifa 09
Civilization Revolution
Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection

In the GVR and looking for:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (X360)
Tales of Vesperia (X360)
Street Fighter IV (X360)

I'll certainly keep a lookout for games other people in the GVR are interested in.

Speaking of horders, the only ones you'll have to deal with are college kids. I think this time around, they should be more concerned with grabbing those few jobs that will be available than hoarding games. I know here in Ottawa there will be plenty of games to go around. The new stock that the new trade in policy has brought is going to help you. If you want RE5, Riddick or Killzone 2, you'll get it for sure if you show up when the doors open.

BTW, they want $64.99 for a used Killzone 2. What?

Man hopefullly the hoarders leave something:bomb:. I want the games to play them. Seriously dont these hoarders have a life or a job so they can make money that way instead of hogging the games at these deals.

Looking for...

- Resident Evil 5
- Killzone 2
- Uncharted
- MGS4 (yes i am the one in the million who doesn't have it)
- Skate 2
- Little Big Planet

Man if I get any four titles for $80, that would be beyond awesome.

Never really had a problem at the Kanata Centrum location. Even a few days later, there's usually at least a game or two worth picking up. Not to mention, they've pulled some stuff for me the last few times (I also hid a game, but that was a different circumstance and a special occasion).

I have quite the extensive list... but I'm still looking for (all ps3):
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Mirror's Edge
Resistance 2
Killzone 2
Resident Evil 5
Skate 2
X-Men: Wolverine
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Street Fighter IV
James Bond: Quantum of Solace
Saints Row 2

I live locally in both the Coquitlam and Mission areas in BC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? Wait when is this going down? And can anyone tell me if there's a website that lists the Rogers in the area? I don't know which one of the local ones sell games (also need to know if there's any local ones period! XD).

Damn, I just realised all I want is like Street Fighter and Fallout 3 (I traded my copy in but kept my CE stuff) since the DLC has been confirmed to come out for it (gleeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!).

Vancouver and I am hoping to get PS3 versions of:
Killzone 2
Resident Evil 5
Street Fighter IV
Eternal Sonata
Prince of Persia

Just a few notes:
- Civ Revolution is $20 at Superstore I think
- Mirror's Edge (EB), Saint's Row 2 (Wal-Mart), and MGS4 Limited Edition (Future Shop) should all be $30 each so might be easier than scrambling around looking for used versions

[quote name='Firestorm']Just a few notes:
- Civ Revolution is $20 at Superstore I think
- Mirror's Edge (EB), Saint's Row 2 (Wal-Mart), and MGS4 Limited Edition (Future Shop) should all be $30 each so might be easier than scrambling around looking for used versions[/QUOTE]
For most games I want, I'm looking for the $20 price point... I can't justify $30 on most games that arn't triple A.

Triple A I'll pay about $40 for.

My days of paying full $60 are over... It's not worth the premium.

[quote name='craig64']At work yesterday I didn't hear anything, but I'll let you guys know if and when I hear anything. I can't wait to pick up a few titles myself though...[/QUOTE]

Do you mind telling us what games you're going to grab and at what location? I'd hate to waste my time to be there when the store opens only to find the titles I'm looking for are long gone. No offense. :D

As a side note, I never realized there were so many Edmonton CAGs!

:grouphug:

feel it. feel the group hug. ;)

I'll be on the lookout at 2 Rogers locations (one Downtown Toronto and another in Scarborough).

I'm personally looking for:

Valkyria Chronicles (want for sure)
GH: Metallica
Fallout 3
Bioshock
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (want for sure)
Uncharted (want for sure)

[quote name='CaptainCharismaCCC']I'll be on the lookout at 2 Rogers locations (one Downtown Toronto and another in Scarborough).

I'm personally looking for:

Valkyria Chronicles (want for sure)
GH: Metallica
Fallout 3
Bioshock
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (want for sure)
Uncharted (want for sure)[/QUOTE]

Bioshock Went down in price to 19.99 at BBV, use that 25% off, and bam. 15bucks for bioshock :)

I'm going to try and grab these but if I can't I would gladly pay shipping or pick up in the Edmonton area.

Skate 2 (360)
Chronicles of Riddick (360)
Resident Evil 5 (360)

Anyone in the Durham Region, let me know, we can search different stores and see what we can get . PM me the games you are interested in and I'll do the same.

Thanks.

I think my list will be quite hard, fellow CAG's be on the lookout for me. I live in Toronto, around Markham area.

Listed by priority:

Eternal Sonata
Rachet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
GTA IV
Dead Space

bread's done
Back