[Canada] Rogers Plus: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Used Games

Firestorm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Saw a bin with their PPV games for Buy 2 Get 1 Free. Had Halo 3 and stuff there so I guess it's all of them?

Also B2G1 on previously viewed DVDs under $10. 2 for $20 on previously viewed DVDs over $10. They should have an abundance of Wall-E.

Slightly OT, but does anyone know how many Star Rewards points it takes to get a free previously viewed BluRay? Is it the same as a DVD?

Buy 2 Get 1 Free Previously Viewed Sale

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on any Previously Viewed movies or games priced at $9.99 or less.

Offer applies to regularly priced DVD’s $9.99 and less. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer or discount. Selection and availability may vary by store. While supplies last. Plus applicable taxes. Free item will be of equal or lesser value. Offer not valid on Blu-Ray Discs. Offer ends February 23rd, 2009.
spacer.gif

http://rogersplus.ca/instorepromotions/instorepromos_detail.asp?id=491

thank you for telling me, im starting out a DVD/BluRay collection now :D

and this new-found hobby is going to suck me dry.

ill start with the B2G1F deal on rogers.
hope they have some good DVDs.

Website says only $9.99 or less, which isn't that great. B2G1 on everything could be good.

What's the selection like at your RP, Firestorm?

for the record wall-e sucked ! i think i was possessed by Disney or something :/
thats [SIZE=-1]1 hr. 37 min wrongfully wasted :([/SIZE]
please dont waste any monetary amount on this instead buy like the lion king
nooo mufasaaa
again way more worth it
you can always flip that hahah or aladin or snow white or little mermaid or something those were the stuffs
you know what even mulan was crazy stuffs!

unless... and it never occurred to me that you needed movies for your kids...
now..Wanted was at least action filled !...

[quote name='doctor_payne13']I could not disagree more with this statement. For shame, sir. :bomb:[/quote]
how can you disagree? the movie was lame! plain and simple!
its no finding nemo thats all im saying man that was good stuff! i was expecting nothing less of that!
kung fu panda was amazing not wall-e good day sir!
you sir are free to be the sole proud owner of this over hyped movie!

[quote name='Dragon52']While Wall-E rubbed me that wrong way, I wouldn't want anybody to watch a film that lies about who influenced it when it is painfully obvious.[/quote]
lol i dont even understand ?

Last edited by a moderator:
when did this deal start? I went to the Roger's on Kingsway, near Metrotown, and they didn't have anything. Mostly overpriced used games.

I'm going to check out some other Roger's tomorrow, and see what I can pick up

[quote name='rayee6']when did this deal start? I went to the Roger's on Kingsway, near Metrotown, and they didn't have anything. Mostly overpriced used games.

I'm going to check out some other Roger's tomorrow, and see what I can pick up[/quote]

the buy 2 get 1 dvd sale has been on for at least a week. i haven't seen any sign about games though.

Firestorm, I've gotten a lot of PPV blurays with star reward points and it's always only been 20 points. They informed me they thought it was going up to 30, but the next time I got one they said it was officially staying at 20 for the time being. I snagged RocknRolla and Pineapple Express for 40 points last week!

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']for the record wall-e sucked ! i think i was possessed by Disney or something :/
thats [SIZE=-1]1 hr. 37 min wrongfully wasted :([/SIZE]
nooo mufasaaa
again way more worth it
you can always flip that hahah or aladin or snow white or little mermaid or something those were the stuffs
you know what even mulan was crazy stuffs!

unless... and it never occurred to me that you needed movies for your kids...
now..Wanted was at least action filled !...

[/quote]

I could not disagree more with this statement. For shame, sir. :bomb:

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']
nooo mufasaaa
again way more worth it
[/quote]

While Wall-E rubbed me that wrong way, I wouldn't want anybody to watch a film that lies about who influenced it when it is painfully obvious.

Nothing at Oak and 15th.

And WALL-E was awesome. It's the perfect family movie: deep without being depressing, cute without being cloying.

i was extreamly dissapointed with Wall-E.

and this is coming from a guy who loved RAT-A-2-E, Bee movie, and any animation by pixar.

i basically slept through Wall-E :(

This deal is soooooo cold. The more used games sit on shelf, the sooner 2 for $40 comes. Also you should have grabbed $9.99 or under games for free last month along with 2 for $40 deal.

Wall-E was good. Although I picked it up as a gift =P DVDs are so 2008.
I'll try my luck at my Rogers. Been meaning to pick up the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy on BluRay and they had At World's End. Weakest of the three imo, but oh well.

I wouldn't call it "amazing." It's clever, cute, gives you the odd chuckle, but not my brand of film. I'll buy it on BR and watch it again for sure, but that's about it. The girlfriend loved it, though. Toy Story is still numero uno for animated films.

Kung Fu Panda deserves way more praise than wall-e should ever get :p comparing the two relatively same time period
i am the dragon warrior

Wall E was the best movie of 2008.
It's kind of pathetic if you hated Wall E.
It was one of the most intelligent things I have ever witnessed.

1)Wall E
2)Milk
3)The Dark Knight
4)Slumdog Millionaire
5)Doubt/Tropic Thunder

In case anybody wanted a top 5.

Crazy.
I have seen all the movies on your list, agree with most, except Wall-E. That movie was retarded.
And I'm a pretty intelligent guy ;)

I never knew of all the hate for Wall-E until two days ago when I found out my brother and three of my friends all hated the movie. Now this.

[quote name='neksus']Crazy.
I have seen all the movies on your list, agree with most, except Wall-E. That movie was retarded.
And I'm a pretty intelligent guy ;)[/quote]

THNAK YOU.

i expected alot for this movie. i was eager to see it.

....shattered dreams. Retarted. :D i think you and i are like... twins man :p

I'll need to check to see if there are any $20 or under games that I've been wanting to pick up.

Also, Wall*E rox; stfunewbz or else you'll know how this plastic rock feels liek! >:p
rkop05.jpg

I was in Rogers earlier today and there were quite a few titles at $9.99... but...nothing noteworthy minus Viva Pinata LE.

Bee Movie is forced humour. Kung Fu Panda is good, but I hate Jack Black and the theme's been done to death.

I'd put Wall-E above The Dark Knight as my favourite movie of 2008.

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']Kung Fu Panda deserves way more praise than wall-e should ever get :p comparing the two relatively same time period
i am the dragon warrior
[/quote]

Gimme a break....lol!

yea, PANDA is decent...but gimme a break WALL E is soo much deeper....
PIXAR took it up to a whole another level....

Gimme WALL E over Panda anyday....sorry batman, same goes for you!

Seriously....IF THIS post was on RFD... than more people would hate WALLE

You need a unique personality to like those types of movies....a personality that most on RFD lacks...

[quote name='gamer602']Gimme a break....lol!

You need a unique personality to like those types of movies....a personality that most on RFD lacks...[/quote]

yet another level of boredom just when i thought AI was behind us and here is wall e... at least its shorter i give it that...

whats the point of liking something that is a ripoff of that robot from Short Circuit (1986)! number five or something

you cant be serious walle > batman ? now the whole world is against you haha save for your dog
mans best friend but even hes reconsidering... not even your wife can back you :p maybe your kid can be bought for $20 but thats it.
no shame in not liking something that sucks :)

Short Circuit was an incredible movie. "Hey laser lips, your mamma was a snowblower!" I guess those who felt Wall-E is better than Dark Knight are entitled to their opinion, as it is neither right or wrong. Wall-E definitely isn't in my top 5 movies of 2008, although the only one's that really stood out were Iron Man and The Dark Knight.

Got the Pirates 3 PPV BluRay for 20 points =D The Buy 2 Get 1 Free bin is still up. One Halo 3 CE and Animal Crossing Wii in there.

I would have to say that I was a fan of Wall-E. Definitely better than expected.

If anyone hasn't checked it out yet, I HIGHLY suggest going to Coraline. I hadn't seen a 3D movie in theatres before, but this was definitely worth a watch. If 3D movies weren't so expensive I'd go back again and again. I can't say enough good things about it.

[quote name='gamer602']Gimme a break....lol!

You need a unique personality to like those types of movies....a personality that most on RFD lacks...[/quote]

That's kind of an ignorant thing to say.
Everybody who doesn't like Wall-E is all of a sudden not unique?

[quote name='neksus']That's kind of an ignorant thing to say.
Everybody who doesn't like Wall-E is all of a sudden not unique?[/quote]

Nope, reread the passage.

This is what I meant:

There's only some personalities that will like WALL E. Every personality is unique. WALL E is thus not a movie for everyone.

There ya go ;)
And for the record - I'm an artsy guy. I just couldn't get into it =/
The mrs. (who loves animated movies) didn't like it either, so we just assumed others felt the same :razz:

I live in a family surrounding with nothing but artsy people but even they loved Wall*E. I personally love the movie due to some of the more serious undertones featured in the movie and the minimalist approach (ironic since it's a cg movie throwing as many technically advanced graphical effects Pixar can muster).

It's the Dark Knight that I'm not too hot about, but the characterisations from all the actors, save the bat himself, were excellent.

bread's done
Back