[Canada] Toys R Us: Lair - $9.91

AJD23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Thought it deserved it's own thread, but as I was scanning and stickering the PS3 games...Lair came up as $9.91! After that patch for being able to use the analog sticks to control your dragon (ie. now more playable), instead of the mandatory Sixaxis, I think it's a pretty good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be nation-wide, the "1" in "$9.91" means final sale. So I'm guessing TRU is just trying to get rid of it. :???:

I've played and beaten this game with the sixaxis, so with the addition of analog controls, it might even make the game okay. It's not bad... I just won't spend another $10 on it is all.

Did any of you CAG's or possible RFD'ers come to Brampton TRU today? One dude came up to me and asked for Lair. Gave him ONE, he asked for 2 more...gave him 2 more. He told me he flipped previous Lair's he bought at other TRU's for $22.80 at Future Shop. Just some information you guys might want to know.

With the B2G1 free deal...
($9.91 x 2) x 1.13 (Ontario tax) = $22.40 for 3 of them.
Flip 3 for $22.80 each at Future Shop = $68.40
Profit = $46?

Just thought I'd do the calculation...haha, no wonder he wanted 3 :roll:

Does THAT make it a better deal for anyone? LOL.

Where was it that you read this, I was looking at the toys r us web site and the game was not even listed, unfortunately it is too late to call them now, do you know when this is on until

[quote name='magitronic82']Where was it that you read this, I was looking at the toys r us web site and the game was not even listed, unfortunately it is too late to call them now, do you know when this is on until[/quote]

I didn't read it anywhere. I work there myself and was pricing/stickering/tagging games. I did Lair and it's $9.91. That's our clearance/final sale price...so it'll be like that until we sell them all or wait until they get recalled.

Trading 3 copies of Lair PS3 at FS, could this be combined with the free Dark Knight DVD (1-dvd movie at 19,99$ at FS)?

It would make it hotter.

no i am talking about eternal sonata for ps3
and there isn't any greatest hit for RPGs

will you guys be getting persona 4? :eek:

also the website doesnt have valkyrie / chain of memory either

[quote name='PuppetYuber']no i am talking about eternal sonata for ps3
and there isn't any greatest hit for RPGs

will you guys be getting persona 4? :eek:

also the website doesnt have valkyrie / chain of memory either[/quote]

I'll check our system if we're expecting Eternal Sonata/Persona 4 and the other titles I mentioned next time I work, and post back here.

If you're asking why there's no greatest hits for RPG's on PS3/PS2 that's up to Sony.

oh cool =X
eternal sonata for ps3 have been out for a while now, and it seems like TRU carry very little SE's title. The only 2 SE games I saw were Infinity Discovery and Chocobo's Dungeon for Wii. (excluding portable systems)

[quote name='cashinstinct']Trading 3 copies of Lair PS3 at FS, could this be combined with the free Dark Knight DVD (1-dvd movie at 19,99$ at FS)?

It would make it hotter.[/quote]
I did it yesterday, bought three copies for $22.40 and traded them in for $68.40 at FS, got the coupon and picked up Wall-E as the coupon is for 6 new releases, not just Dark Knight. There were still about 6 copies left at the TRU in Kingston.

Dang, I actually wanted to play this but, the store I went to was sold out. They told me someone was in yesterday and bought 12 copies lol. I guess someone is looking for a lot of futureshop credit.

There was only one copy on the shelf at Merivale RD TRU in Ottawa. The price wasn't marked down yet. I left it there, I don't need it.
But it was fun helping the Moms/Grandmas pick out a games. They look usually look so lost and I can't not say anything when they are picking out Cars DS game when New Mario Bros. DS is just sitting there...

[quote name='Princess Zelda']There was only one copy on the shelf at Merivale RD TRU in Ottawa. The price wasn't marked down yet. I left it there, I don't need it.
But it was fun helping the Moms/Grandmas pick out a games. They look usually look so lost and I can't not say anything when they are picking out Cars DS game when New Mario Bros. DS is just sitting there...[/quote]

I was doing that as well. It's quite funny seeing people's grandma's freaking out about Hannah Montana games or Disney sing it. The only game I couldn't find was a game based on fish men. The lady was sure it existed and quite a popular title.

[quote name='AJD23']Did any of you CAG's or possible RFD'ers come to Brampton TRU today? One dude came up to me and asked for Lair. Gave him ONE, he asked for 2 more...gave him 2 more. He told me he flipped previous Lair's he bought at other TRU's for $22.80 at Future Shop. Just some information you guys might want to know.[/quote]

Great... I take it you guys are sold out of Lair now? :whistle2:?

I was thinking of getting it for that price, and the TRU in Brampton is as good a place as any for me...

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Great... I take it you guys are sold out of Lair now? :whistle2:?

I was thinking of getting it for that price, and the TRU in Brampton is as good a place as any for me...[/quote]

I believe there was still maybe 2 or 3 as of yesterday. It wasn't in the actual R-Zone though. It was just outside of the R-Zone on those grey tables in those kiddie bins (You'll know what I'm talking about). Everything outside of the R-Zone is supposed to be $29.99 or less.

Any luck for those in BC? I checked Surrey and Richmond. No sign of the game. Still lots of games available for the Buy 2, get 1 tho.

[quote name='AJD23']I believe there was still maybe 2 or 3 as of yesterday. It wasn't in the actual R-Zone though. It was just outside of the R-Zone on those grey tables in those kiddie bins (You'll know what I'm talking about). Everything outside of the R-Zone is supposed to be $29.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

TY, will try & check tommorow!

I got my Lair earlier today at my store (PMed, natch!) 'cause I didn't want to make the trip, (had I known about this I would have picked it up during my trip for the buy-2 deal) I haven't opened it and I probably won't until... maybe ever.

Thank you for the info!

I was able to buy Wii Fit using credit got from trading copies of Lair... very useful.

(I took 6 copies of the game, I left some at TRU Anjou, but it was Monday morning, they might be gone now).

ADD: I hope nobody near Anjou, QC was looking to get the game to play it and was unable because of it. I thought that game was unpopular and would not be in high demand from players.

I did not see any copy at TRU Brossard. I invite people to call others TRU if they look for the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
No luck here in Fredericton (though I didn't have a lot of time to scour). I was actually looking forward to trying this game at a $10 price point. :)

Anyone find a copy in Calgary? I asked at the nearest TRU and the guy wouldn't even check for me. Got some lame excuse about it being an older game that they "probably" didn't have.

bread's done
Back