[CANADA] Trade 4 at blockbuster?

Caro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
On rfd people are saying that the Trade 4 for Assassins Creed or COD4 is on right now, but my blockbuster hasn't heard of it and it's not on the website, what gives? Anyone seen the promotion at their local blockbuster?

[quote name='magiic']I'm waiting for my games from that dell sale. I'll let you know what I find out[/quote] Speaking of that, did they ship your order?
There isn't any history of mine on there site...
Bastards.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Speaking of that, did they ship your order?
There isn't any history of mine on there site...
Bastards.[/quote]

nope they havent shipped it
I just checked the status and it says processing

Starts on the 22nd country wide. They have the code in their binder but are not allowed to credit the game until the 22nd, maybe some got confused (for our benefit) with the cod 4.

But as of right now its only COD 4 modern warfare, and YMMV A.C. until the 22nd.

[quote name='JnJosh']Starts on the 22nd country wide. They have the code in their binder but are not allowed to credit the game until the 22nd, maybe some got confused (for our benefit) with the cod 4.

But as of right now its only COD 4 modern warfare, and YMMV A.C. until the 22nd.[/quote]

Do you know if it will be limited to 1 title per account? I'd like to get 2 of each if I could.

Restrictions are usually 1 per account per BBV

you want two? go to another bbv!

unless you have a lienent employee dont expect 2 copies of the same game to work, YMMV obviously.

Titles have to be over 14.99 IF they are not next gen titles. All next gen titles should work, but this is subject to change as no one knows when the deal is dead.

[quote name='magiic']nope they havent shipped it
I just checked the status and it says processing[/quote]

Mine is still processing too.... buggers. They'll prolly cancel the order soon.

[quote name='magiic']I hope they dont cancel it. That would be laaaame[/quote]

Yes, it would. Many CAGers out of potential trade-ins.

Here's hoping they ship out sometime in the next month or so.

so how much is the minimum trade in value supposed to be? I know about that it sells for 14.99 stuff, but i dont know what that means...lol

[quote name='chimp69']so how much is the minimum trade in value supposed to be? I know about that it sells for 14.99 stuff, but i dont know what that means...lol[/quote]

over 6$ tiv

and I dont think it can be 6$, which is too bad because mk:armageddon is 6$

Well, they told me as long as they can sell the game for 19.99 they're happy, so the previous gen games have to be worth 15$ basically (so they can make profit).

Still cheaper to just get this gen cheap titles, trade em in, get the game.

[quote name='JnJosh']Well, they told me as long as they can sell the game for 19.99 they're happy, so the previous gen games have to be worth 15$ basically (so they can make profit).

Still cheaper to just get this gen cheap titles, trade em in, get the game.[/quote]

Really? I thought it was over 14.99 so >6$ tiv

maybe someone can straighten this out

last time I was at mine (this was a few months ago) they said the old gen games had to be priced at 14.99 or more as well.

is the assassins creed trade 4 on yet? I don't want to hold on to pgr4 and pdz because they won't be valid when the 13 min credit ends.

Went to Blockbuster and pre-ordered Assassins Creed but I didn't realize my PGR3 was a Not For Resale one so I could not get COD4. Going to print out a cover and go back when that employee isn't there.

[quote name='TtotheE']Went to Blockbuster and pre-ordered Assassins Creed but I didn't realize my PGR3 was a Not For Resale one so I could not get COD4. Going to print out a cover and go back when that employee isn't there.[/quote]

They Took my Forza 2 without issues.

Just traded some stuff in for COD4.

Does anyone know when the minimum trade value of $13 promotion and the 25% off promotion ends? I was going to do a trade today but, my blockbuster rane out of "TONER" and won't get supplies till monday lol. Interesting excuse :p

anyone know if they take multiple copies of the same game. I want to trade in four games from the dell sale for CoD4

[quote name='magiic']anyone know if they take multiple copies of the same game. I want to trade in four games from the dell sale for CoD4[/quote]
Probably depends on the clerk, I've traded in APF 2K8 x 2 and Madden 08 x 2 at the same time and they took them! :lol:

Any more than 2 of the same is probably pushing it, but it never hurts to try.

[quote name='magiic']anyone know if they take multiple copies of the same game. I want to trade in four games from the dell sale for CoD4[/quote]

I traded 3 copies of the same game the first time, but when I went another time I was told I couldn't uise more than one copy. Depends where you go/who you get.

went it today and traded in 4 xbox 360 games for COD 4 pre-order.
They told me it comes out tommorow... is this true? Some sites (e.g. Best Buy) say Nov 4th.
The clerk told me that the Next-gen trade min-$13 value might last for a while, but there is no specific date for it to end.
Also, last-gen games have to have TIV of +$15.
I got a sweet deal, traded in some 06 sports games that I paid 10 bucks for each.... and would have got nothing for at EB.
BBV is the way to go, screw EB.
I don't see why they wouldn't take multiple copies of the same game, at least a few. A nice clerk wouldn't care.
FYI my BBV was Conestoga Rd, Waterloo, ON.

They wouldn't take my Kameo and PGR3 that were marked "Not For Resale" in Sarnia, but the guy was nice about it so that's cool. That BOGO sale at EB is working out great though. Go in and get 4 $10 360 games for a total of $30 after discount and you're off to the races! So far I have seen PGR3, Kameo, The Outfit, and NHL 07 all for $9.99. There is a whole bunch more at $14.99 too if you can't find the $10 ones and it still makes the deal worthwhile.

Hit me up when COD4 comes out and we can get some maple-flavoured multi-player going!

Cheers!

[quote name='peterjsparks']They wouldn't take my Kameo and PGR3 that were marked "Not For Resale" in Sarnia, but the guy was nice about it so that's cool.
[/quote]

Thats strange it seems like they bent over backwards to accept my copy of warhawk that was "not for resale". Must depend on the store

Traded 2 Viva Pinata and 2 Perfect Dark Zero in for Assassins Creed pre order. I also was able to trade in 3 copies of Splinter Cell Double Agent XBOX and one Ghost Recon 2 XBOX for COD 4 pre order. The TIV on those 4 were $6.00 each.

I wonder what their next trade 4 deal will be.

[quote name='slugbug']Traded 2 Viva Pinata and 2 Perfect Dark Zero in for Assassins Creed pre order. I also was able to trade in 3 copies of Splinter Cell Double Agent XBOX and one Ghost Recon 2 XBOX for COD 4 pre order. The TIV on those 4 were $6.00 each.

I wonder what their next trade 4 deal will be.

[/quote]

i got my 2 vp and 2 pdz from dell today. i'm not sure that i want assassin's creed jsut yet. i may hold off to see what the next sale is. i also might ask my buddy who works at bb when he's in and maybe i can just get any game *shrug*

[quote name='broccoli']I tried to do this at my Blockbuster today and they said the deal is over?[/quote]

If I remember right it should have ended the 30th for COD4 since that is when BBV seemed to think the release date was... YMMV as they may still honour it.

The clerk mentioned that the COD 4 trade in ended on the 28th so I told him it was still up on the web site so it must still be on. He agreed :)

I was told today by the manager that this promo was still on concerning Assassins Creed at least, I went in later and they said that they had never heard of this promotion. I'm personally very confused.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Honest question here, why would I do this over the trade 3 at EB?
~S[/quote]

EB Games is a lot pickier with the list of games they permit for the trade 3 promotion. Their deal needs to have 3 games that have a mininum trade in value of $8+ each.

Blockbuster's current promotion is: all next gen games (wii, PS3 and 360) games get a minimum of $13 trade value despite how bad they may be.

Games like Perfect Dark 0, Quake 4, PGR3, and outdated Sports titles qualify. Whereas, trading in one of the above titles at EB Games and it will ring up in the $2-4 credit range each and would not qualify for the trade 3.

The only games Blockbuster does not accept are the "not for resale" versions that come with new consoles (Wii Sports, Wii play), and of course Burger King games. They also may refuse to take 06 sports titles but YMMV.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Honest question here, why would I do this over the trade 3 at EB?
~S[/QUOTE]

I dont have that much experience with trade-ins, but probably because EB requires a higher trade in value for their games. I called EB up to see if I have games that I can trade in my older games for mass effect when they were doing the trade 3 deal and they wouldnt take viva pinata, lego star wars, kameo, pgr3, saints row (I think), tomb raider. Granted they're all games you can get for pretty cheap, but I imagine you can still trade some or most of them in to block buster.

[quote name='method47']Does BB take DS and PSP games? Do they get that 13$ bump?

I doubt the second part.[/quote]

Yes, they take DS and PSP games in on trade, but there's no special deal for their trade-in values. I traded in about 5 PSP titles and a DS title towards the trade-10-for-cheaper-360-console deal last week, and the requirements for that trade-10 deal are the same as the trade 4 deal.

HOWEVER, one location that accepted prev. gen games in the trade 4 two weeks ago would NOT take them the following week, only 360/Wii/PS3 games. I just went to another location and it was no problem.

I did discover (at both places) that I need a better inkjet printer, though, as my printed covers were noticed and refused. Wah.

So another vote for BBV over EBG in terms of trading in for pre-orders, in the fact that BBV's trade-in-values are almost always much better than EBG's, so many more (crappy!) games qualify.

Hope that helps someone out there...

Barto

so does anyone know what the tiv has to be on ps2/xbox/gc/psp/ds games? the store said 19.99 but customer service said 14.99. someone know? also anyone know whatg games? the say marioand sonic on rfd is coming up, but if its out, how is that possible? I'm starting to think the 19.99 thing is for the xbox trade, and that's hat the email was about.

[quote name='chimp69']so does anyone know what the tiv has to be on ps2/xbox/gc/psp/ds games? the store said 19.99 but customer service said 14.99. someone know? also anyone know whatg games? the say marioand sonic on rfd is coming up, but if its out, how is that possible? I'm starting to think the 19.99 thing is for the xbox trade, and that's hat the email was about.[/quote]

Here's my experience - the games must have a TIV of $8 or more, so they'll resell for $19.99, typically, or at least MORE THAN $14.99.

I think the only Trade 4 deal still on (although it's worth checking) is for Assassin's Creed. I'd heard that Mass Effect pre-order will start on the 15th, though, if that helps.

Good luck!

Barto

[quote name='chimp69']thanks. anyone know about what rfd was talking about maro and sonic, kane and lynch, army of two or any others?[/quote]

I'm guessing they were mistaken, but we should be able to confirm one way or another next week.

bread's done
Back