[Canada] Used Street Fighter IV Standard edition Fight Stick $29.99

Median

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I happened to wander down to the Gamestop at Metro Hall downtown Toronto on the way to work this morning and was met with a pleasant surprise. While buying Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, I saw they had a few 360 standard edition SFIV fight sticks. They had two new ones, and one used one behind the counter. I did a double take when I saw the used stick selling for $29.99. I asked the guy if it was the wrong SKU or something, but he said it was the right one. This'll be really YMMV since the chances of finding used stock of the sticks will be really low, but if you can find one, grab it!

Yeah, someone was dumb enough to trade their stick in rather than getting twice the amount by hocking off on ebay and charging 30 bucks to ship. :p

And since it's EB, whatever used stock they have is what gets traded in, so grab em while you can.

Man, this is perfect, I've been looking desperately for a decent stick for a decent price and this has just put a huge smile on my face despite the low odds of success. Thanks OP!!

Edit: No luck :( If anybody has suggestions/offers let me know :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rocky071']Man, this is perfect, I've been looking desperately for a decent stick for a decent price and this has just put a huge smile on my face despite the low odds of success. Thanks OP!!

Edit: No luck :( If anybody has suggestions/offers let me know :p[/QUOTE]

Wow, for a guy who totally wants to boycott EB you're real desperate to take advantage of it :D.

[quote name='turgore2008']does any fighting game work with them ?[/QUOTE]

I think so, check the Wiki on the stick it should tell you.

[quote name='Median']... stick selling for $29.99. I asked the guy if it was the wrong SKU or something, but he said it was the right one. This'll be really YMMV since the chances of finding used stock of the sticks will be really low, but if you can find one, grab it![/QUOTE]

Hey did you buy it? If you did, share the SKU on the receipt, that way it'll be easier to search at a local store.

[quote name='kathos']Wow, for a guy who totally wants to boycott EB you're real desperate to take advantage of it :D.[/QUOTE]
If it's the best/only option, I'll accept it. My main thing is that if I have a choice, they'd be the last place I'll buy from. Future Shop, Rogers, BBV, BB, Wal-Mart... all much preferred retailers over EB when a choice exists.

[quote name='Rocky071']If it's the best/only option, I'll accept it. My main thing is that if I have a choice, they'd be the last place I'll buy from. Future Shop, Rogers, BBV, BB, Wal-Mart... all much preferred retailers over EB when a choice exists.[/QUOTE]

So you're a half-hearted hypocrite? Kekeke just teasing :D.

I've been to super shitty EBs though (when the old manager worked at North Queen) so I get you. But in the end, it's whoever has the best deal ye? ;) Employees at any retailer are just glorified cashiers, so even if one is shitty, I couldn't care less (unless it's my own employees, then someone's getting the fucking boot!).

[quote name='kathos']
Hey did you buy it? If you did, share the SKU on the receipt, that way it'll be easier to search at a local store.[/QUOTE]

Yep, didn't think of that. Not sure how much of it exactly is the SKU, but under the item on the receipt it's 6072359 520/550.

I found a used PS3 fight stick at the same store for 39.99 about a couple of weeks ago, that's an amazing price. 10 bucks more than the 360 one is fine by me.

I bought this stick brand new last night on credit and it's worth every penny. Surprised at how huge and sturdy the base is. I calculated how much it actually costed me since I traded in a bunch of $10 games from Rogers and after tax it came out to around $42.

I went hoping there still might be today and turns out they have none. However they did have a new sealed Tournament Stick for 189.99 behind the counter. I wish I had the dough to cough up for it. Hopefully a CAG member is able to get it from seeing this in time.

I saw a stack of maybe 5-6 TE sticks when I was at the Eaton Centre last night but didn't get a chance to ask what the price was. Seems like an OK price since you won't have to deal with shipping.

Thanks for posting, I'll see if I can get one and instead of using replacing it with Sanwa parts this time I'll modify the case and try a happ mod(if it is even possible), though I'm probably dreaming. I'll post if I get one or if I see it.

EDIT:After watching a video on youtube I've learned happ parts won't fit into an SE even with if I mod the case, I'll still post if I see an SE at an EBgames.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJx92C65vBk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx OP! I just checked out the Metro Hall location, and while they didn't have any used ones, the guy there referred me to the Gamestop at Commerce Court which he said just opened. He called for me, and yup, there was one used 360 fightstick there! Cost me only $30. While the stick is quite dirty, as long as it works I'll be happy since I'm gonna mod it.

When I left there was one used PS3 fightstick. But it looked like someone was about to buy it.

Is the added cost of the TE stick worth the money? I wouldn't be playing fighting games religiously, maybe just dabbling in SFIV, MvC2, Soul Calibur, etc., so I'm thinking the SE fight stick should be fine for me. Also, how much are these puppies new?

[quote name='game_fanatic']Is the added cost of the TE stick worth the money? I wouldn't be playing fighting games religiously, maybe just dabbling in SFIV, MvC2, Soul Calibur, etc., so I'm thinking the SE fight stick should be fine for me. Also, how much are these puppies new?[/QUOTE]

It's $100 new. I prefer the stock Hori ones (which are $60) a lot more than the SE, which feels very low quality. Plus I've used my Hori one over 100 hours and it works as good as new.

phew, got lucky and was able to find a used ps3 SE for $39.99. Can't wait to mod it up with all seimitsu parts!
if you were able to get one of these used, I'd suggest that you mod it, either with all seimitsu, all sanwa or a combination of both.

bread's done
Back