[Canada] Wal-Mart $1 games YMMV

Lone_Prodigy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
From Tabooger on RFD http://forums.redflagdeals.com/merg...wx-farcry2-360-1-00-star-ocean-1-00-a-991785/

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
Supreme Commander
Wolfenstein (PS3)
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (PS3)
Soul Caliber Broken Destiny (PSP)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3)
Tekken 6 (PS3)
Star Ocean (PS3)
Fallout 3 Collectors Edition (PS3)
Devil May Cry (PS3)
Lord of the Rings : Shadows of Angar (PC)
Infernal (PC)
Sacred 2 (PC)
Tropico 3 (PC)
Trauma Team (WII)
Boarderlands Special Edition (PC)
Grand Theft Auto 4 Special Edition (360)
Prince of Persia, Far Cry 2, H.A.W.X (Bundle) (360)
Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry (Bundle) (360)
Tekken 6 (360)
Devil May Cry 4 (360)
Guitar Hero World Tour (360)
X-MEN : The Official Game (360)
The Bourne Conspiracy (360)
Naruto Rise of a Ninja (360)
Legend of the Guardians (360)
Madden 09 Collector Edition (360)
NCAA March Madness 08 (360)
Naruto Rise of Ninja (360)
Velvet Assassin (360)
Star Trek Legacy (360)
Ben 10 Alien Force : Vilgax Attacks (360)
UEFA Euro 2008 (360)
Legend of the Guardians (360)
Spiderwick Chronicles (360)
Attack of the Movies 3D (360)
SpongeBob Truth or Square (360)
Dynasty Warriors 6 : Empires (360)
50 Cent : Blood on the Sand (360)
Guitar Hero World Tour (360)
Where the Wild Things Are (360)
Jumper (360)
Space Chimps (360)
Afro Samurai (360)
Dead to Rights Retribution (360)
Sid Miers Civilization (360)

Doesn't look like the sale is on in BC.

[quote name='ragnar14']Victoria isn't in the GVR, it's over on the island. But that guy is a total douche. Some people mentioned finding 1 or 2 decent games at locations he passed over, and he popped in saying the hoarders need to do better jobs. I doubt he was kidding.[/QUOTE]

I know, but he drives for hours once he gets out of school for all the deals.

just went to my wal mart again and it looks like there having a sale of some of there bargain games for 10 bucks.
not sure of what titles though she was just going through them when i was there.

Well, I didn't make any friends at RFD for telling them the truth about themselves. I got banned for 5 days for telling the hoarders they are scum. And this is while making it clear that I was not interested in picing anything up during this sale. I guess it's better to lie then?

[quote name='eday_2010']Well, I didn't make any friends at RFD for telling them the truth about themselves. I got banned for 5 days for telling the hoarders they are scum. And this is while making it clear that I was not interested in picing anything up during this sale. I guess it's better to lie then?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I seen your post. I'm surprised they don't ban all the idiots that gather up their loot and then post up a pic with the only intent to piss others off.

[quote name='TripleQ']No, it's just better to keep your mouth shut and stay out of it. No one wins a hoarder debate.[/QUOTE]
Except the hoarders... :roll:
They had already won before the debate even started...
Shouts out to eday for pointing me to this forum. I tried sending you PM but you were banned... Ridiculous. I didn't know RFD had such dicks for moderators...

[quote name='theQuack']Except the hoarders... :roll:
They had already won before the debate even started...
Shouts out to eday for pointing me to this forum. I tried sending you PM but you were banned... Ridiculous. I didn't know RFD had such dicks for moderators...[/QUOTE]

Well, it's only a five day ban. It might have been because one of my posts was initially deleted and I got a message from a mod saying so, at which point I said "That's fine. Cater to the hoarders". No big deal since the only time I go over there is when I read on this forum about how stupid the people at RFD are being about a sale. I stick with this site and Canadian Gaming Deals Forum as the company is far better here and there than at RFD. There are enough hoarders there that hoarding has become accepted by alot of the other members. Sad, really.

I think it's sad, because a lot of the people at RFD are genuinely trying to be helpful and behave well.

But seeing the rampant hoarding in some segments of the forum, it surprises me how some people are shocked by the reputation the site has earned. For every dozen members, there's one unapologetic hoarder and one person who wants to be king of the forum douches (the ratio is especially true in relation to gaming deals).

tivs.ca also has a forum set up now.. while it's probably more geared towards trading then deals, the civility is a lot higher than RFD

[quote name='Opopanax']We probably have just as many hoarders, ours just stay quiet because we tear people apart at the first sign.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly it. In this topic, there is currently 107 posts and 7,400 views. Why do you think that is?

Everyone here just calls everyone else a hoarder and it makes our community look bad while doing so.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']This is exactly it. In this topic, there is currently 107 posts and 7,400 views. Why do you think that is?

Everyone here just calls everyone else a hoarder and it makes our community look bad while doing so.[/QUOTE]

Not really. We don't have anyone on here posting pictures of everything they hoarded and bragging about how they cleared out a store and left nothing for anyone else. I am sure some people here are doing things like that, but they aren't bragging about it, and I doubt any of the regular members here are doing that. Besides, who would it make this community look bad to, RFD? Who cares what they think. They froth at the mouth anytime there is a sale on. Look at how many replies the $1 Walmart sale and Rogers sales got compared to here, and look at how many posts were about how stuff people hoarded compared to here.

[quote name='SickBoy']For every dozen members, there's one unapologetic hoarder and one person who wants to be king of the forum douches (the ratio is especially true in relation to gaming deals).[/QUOTE]

+1

There are some posters on RFD who are obvious trolls, there's the braggarts, and then there are those who just like to make up BS stories about their exploits in order to make themselves look "cool". Don't fall for it! The "ignore" button is your friend.

I do minor hoarding, but clearing out a store? Nope. I just have my money backing me, not a pawn shop, not anything else. My idea of hoarding is like $100, not $2000. Actually, that probably still sticks me in as an average gamer. Nevermind!

I've bought extra copies but mostly to goozex so I can get games that are harder to find and to be honest i haven't even done that for 2-3 years.

[quote name='feelgoodinc']This is exactly it. In this topic, there is currently 107 posts and 7,400 views. Why do you think that is?

Everyone here just calls everyone else a hoarder and it makes our community look bad while doing so.[/QUOTE]

Views are always significantly higher, I've probably glanced at this thread ~50 times and only posted twice. Certainly there are lurkers, there are always lurkers, but lurker =/= hoarder. I'm positive our lurker to hoarder ratio is significantly lower as well, just for the practicality of it, deals are virtually always posted first on RFD. And we make them feel unwelcome, think of it like this, if you were gay, would you lurk at a homophobic board? No, troll perhaps, but not lurk, you'd just feel unwelcome. So really we're just left with the hoarders who aren't too bright, and can't take a hint.

stopped by at kanata walmart at the beginning of this week, my grand ma ended up getting 40 really lame games for wii ds and ps2 for B-day presents, i picked up a few cool ones, like pimp my ride, prison break, beowolf, konami classics 2, magical starsign, king of fighters collection for wii, banio , nice haul. good luck to others, were not hoarders we just picked up games for our cousins who have wii ds a ps2.

I didn't find anything at the Walmart I went to, in terms of what I was looking for.

They had $10 marked down games. (most were junk) and $20 and under games, but nothing great.

I picked up Final Fantasy IV DS for $14.83.

I swear the $1 games didn't exist.

I checked 2 walmarts, not much in term of ten dollar games. The stock in two stores had some similar games, 1 store held games the other store didn't have at all..

Only one that's a steal for $10 would have to be Little King's Story.

I also saw Fragile Dreams (Wii game) for ~49.89 new inside glass case, pretty hard to find game, my friend has it and it's pretty interesting. I wonder if it'll go down in price in a few months~

[quote name='evanders']stopped by at kanata walmart at the beginning of this week, my grand ma ended up getting 40 really lame games for wii ds and ps2 for B-day presents, i picked up a few cool ones, like pimp my ride, prison break, beowolf, konami classics 2, magical starsign, king of fighters collection for wii, banio , nice haul. good luck to others, were not hoarders we just picked up games for our cousins who have wii ds a ps2.[/QUOTE]I LOVE Magical Starsign. IT's very formulaic and exactly like a default RPG but that's what I wanted and I had fun the entire time.

[quote name='MightyOwned']I picked up Final Fantasy IV DS for $14.83.

I swear the $1 games didn't exist.[/QUOTE]
i see FFIV but I keep passing it up. I don't know why. I kinda want it. Maybe after this wek if I grab Excite Trucks and Haze from EB.

Anyone in Calgary want a copy of Dissidia: Final Fantasy for free? I posted earlier that I got a copy on this deal, but have no use for it.

[quote name='Wolfkin']i see FFIV but I keep passing it up. I don't know why. I kinda want it.[/QUOTE]

Advice: stick to the original. It's just better - quicker too, and a tad bit more challenging.

Sure, I'll take it! I just checked the Deerfoot location and a couple of $1.00 games left were MLB 07, NBA 08 and girls volleyball. All for PS2.

By this point the $1 games mostly DON'T exist. They've been picked through.
I managed to find space camp and ace attorney: investigation (miles edgeworth)
Might make a trip to town to another walmart and see what there is to find.

[quote name='VetraX']Anyone in Calgary want a copy of Dissidia: Final Fantasy for free? I posted earlier that I got a copy on this deal, but have no use for it.

Advice: stick to the original. It's just better - quicker too, and a tad bit more challenging.[/QUOTE]

i was trying to get soemone else to trade $5 paypal for soem of my stuff so i could get you to ship it, but nevermind :

[quote name='Nukkus']i was trying to get soemone else to trade $5 paypal for soem of my stuff so i could get you to ship it, but nevermind :

[quote name='VetraX']Damn it, man! why didn't you tell me that :lol: although in all honesty you probably shouldn't be going to this length for a game. PM me again, let's try to sort this out, if you can indeed somehow get the $5 to cover S&H to me.

Sorry @ fokkerfan, but if Nukkus can't deliver than I suppose you can have it. Aslong as it doesn't goto a hoarder.[/QUOTE]

been trying to pm you, but it says your box is full >_<
and the fact of the matter is, i can;t find dissidia locally even for regular price.

[quote name='VetraX']Advice: stick to the original. It's just better - quicker too, and a tad bit more challenging.[/QUOTE]oh wow. that's right. deep in my mind the reason i keep passing it up is that I actually have the GBA version. I keep forgetting. I bought III:ds: because I don't have it but I have I/II, IV, V, and VI on GBA. VII on PS3 download. One day I'll buy VIII and then.. maybe in a few years I'll actually play all these.[quote name='daisil']By this point the $1 games mostly DON'T exist. They've been picked through.
I managed to find space camp and ace attorney: investigation (miles edgeworth)
Might make a trip to town to another walmart and see what there is to find.[/QUOTE]Edgeworth was $1? :clap: :clap: I had to use a stupid smiley because that is a fantastic grab.

what exactly is $1 accessories. I just got paid and I got all day tomorrow to hunt down wal-marts. no way it's like controllers? right? b/c I need some :ps3: controllers and maybe a USB hub?

[quote name='Wolfkin']what exactly is $1 accessories. I just got paid and I got all day tomorrow to hunt down wal-marts. no way it's like controllers? right? b/c I need some :ps3: controllers and maybe a USB hub?[/QUOTE]

After reading the RFD thread, it seems like it's only 3rd party Wii and DS accessories, like cases, chargers and starter kits. Nothing for 360/PS3.

[quote name='matsam']After reading the RFD thread, it seems like it's only 3rd party Wii and DS accessories, like cases, chargers and starter kits. Nothing for 360/PS3.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was able to find a first party psp go case, and the psp headphones with the remote for 1.00

[quote name='wrathchild']Actually I was able to find a first party psp go case, and the psp headphones with the remote for 1.00[/QUOTE]

Hehe, it doesn't surprise me at all that they would want to get rid of the PSP Go accessories. Nice find on the headphones through!

still not bad. always wanted a Wii charge kit but could never justify the expense when it may or may not work with the M+ and/or condoms. I'm out now to stop at the first wal-mart.

i went to walmart in dartmouth crossing to look for accessories, upon asking about the whereabouts of the dollar accessories they accused me of being a hoarder from that "Red Flag Gang" and ordered me to leave the store. I di9d manage to get a copy of Shaun White for PC for $0.98 however.

The only accessories that were marked at my closest store were some controller wipes and a PSP something case

Godammit, I need a PSPGo Case... I actually have a PSPGo. Too late now I guess... fucking RFD :( they'll buy anything as long as it's a deal!

[quote name='Nukkus']i went to walmart in dartmouth crossing to look for accessories, upon asking about the whereabouts of the dollar accessories they accused me of being a hoarder from that "Red Flag Gang" and ordered me to leave the store. I di9d manage to get a copy of Shaun White for PC for $0.98 however.[/QUOTE]that's offensive and sounds borderline illegal. wow tht sucks.

I do need to check out that list. I didn't see anything at my Wal-Mart. No section and I grabbed a few random stuff of the shelf and all rang up normally.

[quote name='Wolfkin']that's offensive and sounds borderline illegal. wow tht sucks.[/QUOTE]
Offensive yes, but I believe any store has the right to sell to whoever they want. If they do not want to do business with you, they don't want to do business with you and have every right to remove you. At least that's what I've heard.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that someone at Wal-Mart has the balls to do it.

Sucks to be in your position and i'm sorry to hear it, but I only hope that some actual hoarders were turned away in a similar fashion.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']Offensive yes, but I believe any store has the right to sell to whoever they want. If they do not want to do business with you, they don't want to do business with you and have every right to remove you. At least that's what I've heard.

Frankly, I'm more surprised that someone at Wal-Mart has the balls to do it.

Sucks to be in your position and i'm sorry to hear it, but I only hope that some actual hoarders were turned away in a similar fashion.[/QUOTE]

all i really wanted was a set of psp 2000 headphones, but they didn't seem to have any anyway.

bread's done
Back