doesnt work :(
already tried out edmonton location, they have a bin setup just for this
there is orange box / godfather wii / red steel /
gtv guide book / dawn of mana guide book etc

[quote name='PuppetYuber']doesnt work :(
already tried out edmonton location, they have a bin setup just for this
there is orange box / godfather wii / red steel /
gtv guide book / dawn of mana guide book etc[/quote]

The selection of games will vary per store as the op outlined in his post.

tell that to misleading "any game" in the title of the post.

but yeah, it's supposed to be on clearance games, apparently it wasn't advertised as so, and people got any game this morning... now they caught on, extreme YMMV/already dead on the any game part of the deal

If you read through the RFD thread there is a list of games that it should apply to. It's just that some stores ignored it. Most places are organized enough to know that it doesn't mean "ANY GAME".

Deal has been dead since the late yesterday morning.

I was lucky to get in on the deal before Zellers caught on. At this point it's safe to assume that all Zellers stores have caught on.

Some people have been able to price match at FS/BB but YMMV depending on who is working there at the time and how generous they are about it.

Anyone tried a price match at Future shop??? I haven't tried since my location is right next to a Zellers.

They'll likely call and find out, if they don't already know, that it's a pricing error.

:(

i almost got this yesterday from the girl helping me out but then i got passed off to another cashier and it all went to hell :( (the only game they allegedly had that was part of this deal for 360 was madden 07)

i managed to get futureshop to pricematch this deal, i picked up Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm, Little Big Planet, Prince of Persia, and Socom Confraontation (with headset) for a total of $63.

Worked for me at the Walmart at 401/Stevenson Rd. in Oshawa, through pricematching with the flyer.

Picked up for the 360,

Mirrors Edge
The Last Remnant
Tales of Vesperia
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Fallout 3
Call of Duty: World at War
Dead Space
Left 4 Dead
Sonic Unleashed
Tiger Woods 09

^Lucky! I assumed it was going to be like the last 2/30 sale, in which by "reg: $19.99-$59.99" meant those bargain bin games and didn't even go check it out.

Sherwood Park Zellers Honored it... and didn't have much left. I bought a few things and headed to Wal-Mart sherwood park and had success PMing there... in which I went a little nuts. All told I scored 40 games. After getting the runaround from many stores today I was so happy to finally have some luck thrown my way that I took full advantage of this... and I never get any goodness out of these "errors" usually. :p

Good to hear nesmater, i felt the same way going in, but was glad when it all worked out for once. I didn't go that crazy but 10 games was enough for me.

i'm gonna try 3 stores in the burlington area today. i'll report back. not expecting anything, but maybe i'll get lucky.

After talking to the Brossard, Quebec store Manager, I got Gears of War 2 and Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 for $15.00 each. They had a bin of Paramount HD-DVD movie titles for $6.99 each in front of the Electronic counter as well.

[quote name='slugbug']After talking to the Brossard, Quebec store Manager, I got Gears of War 2 and Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 for $15.00 each. They had a bin of Paramount HD-DVD movie titles for $6.99 each in front of the Electronic counter as well.[/quote]

lol I got Naruto, Buzz, Motorstorm PR and SIngstar at Brossard too :lol:

Ooh, maybe I'll try to PM at my local Walmart. I should do it at a very annoying time (they're open 24/7) so they'll just be so exhausted that they'll do it.

I tried both Zellers and PM at Walmart and got denied at both :/

Got really close at Walmart until they called Zellers and asked for stock, then the person told them the games didn't qualify

no dice at either of the stores in burlington. they both had displays of the available games. one store had 90% xbox/ps2 games and the other store had some ok titles (assassin's creed and turok qualified).

in waterdown, the guy was going to give newer games at the deal price, but once he scanned them, he called his manager to see how to do the override. he talked to his manager for a bit and they found a list of qualifying titles.

0 for 3...but that's pretty much what i expected.

[quote name='BobFromPikeCreek']Holy crap. I got the PM to work at Future Shop!
Dead Space, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Saints Row 2 all for 67 dollars total![/quote]
which futureshop ?

i read on rfd that a PM at the walmart by my place worked as of last night. i might try again later if i'm bored.

Tried to pricematch at Ballzmart, because I was in the area, and I got the fuckin' manager; that's a downer.

And my nearest Zellers had marked specific games individually for the sale and none of them were great or something I don't already owned. Not even their reject bin was part of it; if it was I would have gotten Space Invaders Extreme PSP. "/

But all is not lost as I managed to grab some awesome cookie cake things. :yum

Haha, this guy tried to get it at my store, we told him that there was only a certain number of games that were eligible and it was a misprint.

The guy pulled out the "consumer rights" card.

So no mercy, customer service isn't an issue when dealing with scumbags like this guy, if he hates the service and never comes back, good, less retards to deal with.

So I tell him as much as a right it is for him to spend money on games it was as much of a right as ours to refuse PMs 'cause of misprints. So he picks up a dozen or so games and walks away from my department. We laugh about it and we go on with work. A few minutes later some guy from another department comes up to me with all the games in his hand and the guy trailing behind him.

"Oi are these games really 2 for $30 at Zellers?"

I tell him no it was a misprint, the coworker puts the games on the till and tells the guy "sorry guy". I tell the guy "it's ok if you think you can go around and ask someone else who may not know to PM, but we have a rule in this store and we always ask." Oh my, the guy wants to speak to the manager. "Yup, that's me."

"I want to go higher then where is your manager?"

So I get the store's general manager (funny how the roaches think it'll make a difference), and she just chuckles and says it's a misprint and we wouldn't give him shit (nicer though). So he's getting all huffy and talking about how we should take his business before he takes it elsewhere, he demands I call Zellers to make sure. I call 'em and they tell me there's only certain games.

The guy doesn't believe me and asks to speak to them, doesn't believe it, and calls from HIS phone, same thing. He walks off in a huff, he kept looking around (it was shift change, so he may have been waiting, but I texted the entire department so everyone knew) so I let him be and got on with the day.

A few minutes later some guy and his wife come in to pricematch Toys R Us. They come here regularly to browse with their kids and pick up a few DVDs and stuff so why not cut them a break, in total they got 9 games and I didn't bother checking because really, who cares right?

The first guy was looking over with this disgusted look and then he grabbed three games. He demanded he get one for free like the first guy without checking, I felt nice and wanted to get him out of the store so I did it without checking and I made the cheapest one of the three free. Thing is, he picked Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party ($49.99) and two crappy Xbox original games that are worth $10 apiece. So I made Halo 1 free. He was fuming.

"It's buy two get one free so make Rayman free!" I told him the cheapest of the three was the free one, as the policy stipulates and if (thought I'd tease him) he'd read the policy on this on RFD he's know it.

He looked exasperated, hilarious, he picked up two other games at $49.99 and he brought them, he told me very boldly: "you know I'll just return the two first games and keep the free one".

Now listen up RDF lurkers: If something is given for free or cheap it's considered a package (it even says it on the receipt, the free stuff is itemed as P1/K1/etc or whatever, even pen writing counts if done by the original salesperson) so if you return one part of the package, you have to return the whole thing or you'll be charged full price for the rest of the package.

So I told him "Sure, that's fine, if fraud's up your alley."

He gave this smug grin until his debit turned out to be declined, not enough funds! The seasonal I was training was laughing. So the guy takes the games, slams them on the counter tells me "fine, keep them" and walks out.

Just one of those rare retail encounters that happens once in a blue moon.

Thought I'd throw this on this thread for good clean fun.

haha nice story kathos: made my day =)

so just a question out of curiosity though,
If the Zellers deal was in fact true and not a misprint, would you have honored it?
(provided he wasn't a jackass about it)

Cause at 15 a game I'm sure they are way below the cost for what FS buys em for, and I have encountered employees ,especially TV and computers associates, that outright refuse if it goes below cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many misprints/false advertising from Zellers in the past few weeks, they better honor the stuff they print. Fukcing Canadians are too soft to crack skulls.

XD Oh my god I love those situations. And yeah, I always make sure to hit the key that goes "Buy 1 Get 1" or "Buy 1 Save More" to make sure they don't pull a fast one.

I don't work at FS but when something's way below cost or something I'm not sure is covered in the policy, I usually just ask a manager for permission. Haha half the time I tell the customer we price match right off the bat. Otherwise I'd never make a sale =[

This deal was very YMMV... but if you were polite, you could do okay.

I can't believe some people went out and bought like 40 games from one store. I'm not 100% sure of the profit on new games, but I know it isn't that high. If the cost on new games is $40 (I'd bet it's higher than that) then buying 40 games results in a $1000 loss for that particular store. Not only is that a huge hit for a store to take, but that much loss on one single sale is likely going to mean someone is loosing their job.

My Brother-In-Law and I went out on Sunday and got about 10 games each, but we didn't buy more than 2 games from any one store and if a Zellers didn't want to act on the flyer or a store didn't want to PM, we didn't give them a hard time.

I read on RFD people buying like garbage bags full of games and crazy stuff like that. I hope it absolutely kills the used market and they can't sell the games they've bought.

The markup on games is about 10%. So the company loses $45 for every $60 game they sell for $15. And potentially an employee for price matching every customer that wants it.

That was funny... post 1667.

The games cost Zellers $48 each, selling them for $15 they are losing a lot. The profit after you factor the cost of running the electronics department in a Zellers is very minimal on the $12. I'd hate to see how many game they'd have to sell just to make back what they have already lost.
kathos that was a great story it's insane what people are willing to do to save a few bucks. The sad thing is all theses games people are fighting over will be $20 next year.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
The sad thing is all theses games people are fighting over will be $20 next year.[/quote]
Sadly, guys who are grabbing 60+ game hauls are selling them for massive profits. "/

And that, my friends, is why legitimate cheapasses can never have good things.

LMAO, nice one kathos, I hate people that try to take advantage of blatant mistakes. I got in on this deal, only due to a friend of mine being a manager at a Wal-Mart who encouraged me to take advantage of it before they stopped PMing (only picked up 4 games, 3 of which where for friends). Honestly, this deal brought out the worst in people, Kijji and Craigslist are flooded with people trying to sell new games, just look at this guy http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...X-360-Games-for-sale-SEALED-W0QQAdIdZ92981179

Judging from the pic, I am sure that guy pretty much cleaned out a store. Some of these people need to get real jobs

bread's done
Back