Canadian Cheapass Wii/DS Gamers: Club Nintendo is up!

poiuiu

CAGiversary!
The english equivalent to the Japanese "buy our games and get shit" program was just released for North America.

Chugs like a bitch, randomly logs you out and generally doesn't do anything but sit there and piss you off, but I managed to get a few games registered and got a few hundred points. Grab some currency (Coins in this case) by registering a first party Nintendo published Wii or DS game (in Japan it's any Wii or DS game), fill out a survey for the game and get 50 or 30 points respectively to your MyNintendo account. Note, GCN or GBA games don't count however Virtual Console or WiiWare games will count (they net you 10 coins each but they're not implemented to give Coins yet).

After you get a bunch of Coins, you can either get a Nintendo-themed Hanafuda deck of cards, a deck of Nintendo-themed regular playing cards, a DS game holder, DS card and stylus case, among other things including formerly JPN exclusive Game and Watch DS (game includes Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Greenhouse). All of these will cost you hundreds of Coins, with GnW DS costing 800 Coins.

So all you Cheapasses with a mountain of Nintendo Wii or DS games, start logging in and get pissed off!

And of course, linkage: http://club.nintendo.com/

[quote name='Spinoff360']Anybody order something and have it ship yet? My Game and Watch Collection has said they have been preparing the order for shipping since December 19th which seems odd.[/quote]

A lot of items have been arriving on GAF. I wonder if G&W is just highly popular and they're lacking demand, or if Canada receives the short end of the priority stick. :roll:

Are people registering every game they have at once?

I'm kinda just registering enough to get Platinum and the gift I want (800 coins for G&W).

I'm saving up the rest for next year because Platinum statuses are revoked after a year and you've got to get 600(?) all over again.

I should have enough to cover me twice more over and then some with newer games that come out.

If Club Nintendo NA is anything like the Japanese equivalent, then codes for older games will lose coin value over time and possibly even expire. So your best bet is to just, for now, submit all your codes and grab what you need. After all, this is cheap ass gamer and it won't be (that) hard to find enough cheap games to fill that quota needed for Platinum status. :p

Sorry I don't want to read the entire thread, how many points do games give out? I have a dozen Wii ones and like half a dozen DS ones.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']50 for Wii
30 for DS
10 for VC/Shop Channel[/quote]

O_O!

Wow... I guess I might not be getting the Game & Watch collection anytime soon, my points total up to just around 600.

Do these points expire? I read somewhere that they do.

[quote name='kathos']O_O!

Wow... I guess I might not be getting the Game & Watch collection anytime soon, my points total up to just around 600.

Do these points expire? I read somewhere that they do.[/quote]

I think that you have 2 years from the time you redeem them to use them.

That said, judging by the quality of Nintendo's recent releases, the odds that you'll buy 4 new Wii games over 2 years might not be that high...

[quote name='doctor_payne13']I think that you have 2 years from the time you redeem them to use them.

That said, judging by the quality of Nintendo's recent releases, the odds that you'll buy 4 new Wii games over 2 years might not be that high...[/QUOTE]

troll is trolling

Crossbow Training gives you full Coin value even if it's a budget game. Budget line DS games also give you full Coin value and many of them (like Crosswords/Hotel Dusk/Cooking Guide/Clubhouse games/etc) can be found for cheap/on sale/etc.
And this is not even considering Roger's 2 for 20/30/40 etc as well.

Read the forum a little and do a little running around, and you'll find more than enough games to fill that quota.

I finally joined Club Nintendo, I only have 340 points (can't believe only 8 of my 36 DS games qualify, awwwww). They won't expire or anything, right? Only the Gold/Platinum status resets on June 30th?

As far as I know, Virtual Console and Wiiware games, as well as a bunch of random Nintendo published games don't have surveys yet, so I doubt that these games will expire any time soon (unless Nintendo of America is as incompetent as most people think).

[quote name='poiuiu']As far as I know, Virtual Console and Wiiware games, as well as a bunch of random Nintendo published games don't have surveys yet, so I doubt that these games will expire any time soon (unless Nintendo of America is as incompetent as most people think).[/quote]

Oh dear...

[quote name='PuppetYuber']50 for Wii
30 for DS
10 for VC/Shop Channel[/quote]

And 80 for Wii Fit...

My order also finally shipped today :bouncy:

Wait, you guys can sign in? Is there a different site for Canada, or is it all through club.nintendo.com? Mine keeps giving me the high traffic message, I haven't been able to log in for over 2 weeks :(

bread's done
Back