Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Preordered P3P at EB Games. Woman working there knew all about the preorder bonus and said they should get it in, but it's all a manner of whether my store is supplied or not. Guess it's suppose to be fairly limited.

The downside of living in a small(er) city, I guess. Guess I'll just wait for the release date.

I had pre-ordered the game already, but I found this out yesterday so it was a nice little bonus:

If you pre-order Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor for the Wii from Ebgames/gamestop.ca, you'll get a card for 500 Nintendo Points along with your game when you pick it up/get it delivered

Ack, so I didn't think I would be picking up SMG2 but I was thinking about it. Since I rarely get preorder bonuses in-store anymore from EB, I was going to order it online from them. But it says "The exclusive Poster will be emailed when the game releases." However, if you pick it up it says "The exclusive Poster will be available to pick-up on store."

....the online one is a printout, while the in-store one is physical? Anyone have any info on this? Or it could just be a typo.

[quote name='TronB']Ack, so I didn't think I would be picking up SMG2 but I was thinking about it. Since I rarely get preorder bonuses in-store anymore from EB, I was going to order it online from them. But it says "The exclusive Poster will be emailed when the game releases." However, if you pick it up it says "The exclusive Poster will be available to pick-up on store."

....the online one is a printout, while the in-store one is physical? Anyone have any info on this? Or it could just be a typo.[/QUOTE]

It's a typo. I can't even imagine how that would work. Plus, gamestop.ca is well known for it's mistakes on the site.

Most recently, Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker: A COLLECTOR EDITION ANNOUNCED.. goodness.

[quote name='Psamtik']It's a typo. I can't even imagine how that would work. Plus, gamestop.ca is well known for it's mistakes on the site.

Most recently, Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker: A COLLECTOR EDITION ANNOUNCED.. goodness.[/QUOTE]

If you mean the CE of the game with an artbook or the mint green PSP, those have been available for a while. My friend ordered the CE about a week or two ago. He's dying for the camo PSP bundle only availbale in the US.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']If you mean the CE of the game with an artbook or the mint green PSP, those have been available for a while. My friend ordered the CE about a week or two ago. He's dying for the camo PSP bundle only availbale in the US.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to it being available.. lol

[quote name='Psamtik']I wasn't referring to it being available.. lol[/QUOTE]

Available as in the preorder, sorry. And if you meant a different bundle, do share. My Snake-obsessed friend would probably buy it ;)

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Available as in the preorder, sorry. And if you meant a different bundle, do share. My Snake-obsessed friend would probably buy it ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I should have realized that my earlier post could have meant that I was stating that it was announced. I was referring to how badly worded the phrase "A COLLECTOR EDITION ANNOUNCED" was. Maybe I'm the only one but it doesn't read well. lol

[quote name='Psamtik']I'm sorry, I should have realized that my earlier post could have meant that I was stating that it was announced. I was referring to how badly worded the phrase "A COLLECTOR EDITION ANNOUNCED" was. Maybe I'm the only one but it doesn't read well. lol[/QUOTE]

A WINNER IS YOU! :lol:

I got an email from Amazon, apparently my P3P should be arriving tomorrow by Canada Post. Not bad I guess, considering the original date was the 9th. It was released today, right?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I got an email from Amazon, apparently my P3P should be arriving tomorrow by Canada Post. Not bad I guess, considering the original date was the 9th. It was released today, right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was.

And EB didn't have any copies in. :bomb:

Got my copy of P3P with the hat from Amazon earlier today. I have never completed Persona 3 in its entirety, so maybe the third time's the charm!

[quote name='Kill Phil']I have never completed Persona 3 in its entirety, so maybe the third time's the charm![/QUOTE] I'm in the same boat. Going through Beginner just because I want to finish this game for once!

EB actually had my copy of Persona 3 in, hat and all. I'm actually surprised it fits me. I have quite a big head and a lot of hair to boot, but the hat fits great, albeit i have to loosen it all the way.

[quote name='Alexisonfire']EB actually had my copy of Persona 3 in, hat and all. I'm actually surprised it fits me. I have quite a big head and a lot of hair to boot, but the hat fits great, albeit i have to loosen it all the way.[/QUOTE]

Wish I could say the same, the thing barely fits around my head with the the strap un-clamped! Though to be fair, my head is monstrous.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Wish I could say the same, the thing barely fits around my head with the the strap un-clamped! Though to be fair, my head is monstrous.[/QUOTE]
Your head must be just a tad smaller than mine. It barely fits and, like I said, I have to just barely clamp the strap.

I don't look good in a hat anyway, but I have a styling one if I need one! Until then, it is another great addition to my growing video game shrine.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who can barely fit into the hat. I can still wear it with the strap clamped, but it's a bit uncomfortable. I wasn't planning on wearing it anyway, but it's a nice collector's item.

I just plan to keep mine for now without wearing it. Have to hide it from the wife, she think the symbol looks like the charmed ones symbol from the show Charmed

How reliable is Atlus when it comes to preorder items here in Canada? I have had less than satisfactory experiences when it comes to Konami and Ubisoft games. Is Atlus better at actually letting us get those goodies?

I was looking at the Amazon.ca site, is the Persona 3 Portable hat actually 'packaged in the game box' like they say? I'm gonna call some local EBs to see if they still have the hat, and if none around me still have it I'll order from Amazon.ca since I want the game anyways, but can wait a bit for it.

From Amazon.ca, it's not in the game's box since it's a PSP game case, but the hat came shipped in a small cardboard box with the game.

[quote name='bVork']How reliable is Atlus when it comes to preorder items here in Canada? I have had less than satisfactory experiences when it comes to Konami and Ubisoft games. Is Atlus better at actually letting us get those goodies?[/QUOTE]

Their track record is pretty good, actually. The only time I can recall not receiving my bonus was with Digital Devil Saga 2's soundtrack back in 2005, but lots of EBs and GameStops in both Canada and the United States never got the soundtracks in. Atlus then made a post on their message board regarding this issue and mailed out free soundtracks to people scanning their receipts with their pre-orders on it. That's how I ended up getting my soundtrack.

But like I said a few pages back, Amazon is usually the safest bet for pre-ordering Atlus games. Since Amazon and Atlus have a direct partnership (Amazon hosts the official Atlus store), you're likely to get your bonus if you order early. Although some people have had issues with Amazon's shipping on new releases, I never had any problems with Atlus games (did with other games though) and received my copy of P3P the same day as everyone who pre-ordered at GameStop. I would rather pre-order online from Amazon rather than GameStop because I got screwed out of a lot of pre-order bonuses when pre-ordering from them (non-Atlus games).

/bump

Did anyone who preorderd Starcraft 2 from Gamestop/EB get a mousepad? They didn't give me one when I picked it up. I didn't bother going back cause I thought it was just going to be like one of those crappy 99 cent mousepads. But then I saw it on the Blizzard Store for $15. Turns out it's a SC branded qck and the same mousepad shows up as the preorder bonus on Gamestop.ca's website. Steelseries logo and all. Too late to go back and ask now though ._.

I wouldn't say it's too late to ask. It's quite possible they got their shipment of the bonus stuff a week late. Of course in instances like that they usually just hand out the stuff to random strangers... But still, go in and pester.

I'm not sure if it counts as pre-order "goodies", but Amazon.ca is offering a $10 video game credit for a future purchase as well as the 'Renegade' pack DLC for those who pre-order Mafia II. The regular editions are $59.99 for the Xbox 360 and PS3, and the collector's editions are $79.99. This deal has been around for a while, but I haven't seen it posted anywhere.

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=amb_link_353712542_2?ie=UTF8&node=3198031&hidden-keywords=B00267T8DK%7CB003NE5VOA%7CB00267T8DA%7CB003NE5VOK%7CB003NE5VOU%7CB00267T8DU&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=ilm&pf_rd_r=1A5VMGH793HQ5J52AFNK&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1272242562&pf_rd_i=3198031

[quote name='TripleQ']I got a SC2 mousepad. It's garbage. Definitely not the one that showed up on the site.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well then, I feel better knowing I'm not missing much :p

Just curious if anyone was able to grab the pre-order bonus for Kane & Lynch 2 for the PS3. My store said they never got them and when I called the help line they told me they were all claimed?? Did this actually get released in Canada?

[quote name='Rastafari']Just curious if anyone was able to grab the pre-order bonus for Kane & Lynch 2 for the PS3. My store said they never got them and when I called the help line they told me they were all claimed?? Did this actually get released in Canada?[/QUOTE]

It should be in the case.

[quote name='TripleQ']It should be in the case.[/QUOTE]

Are their any special markings on the box or all of them purchased at EB have the code included?

No special markings on the box. Should come with two slips of paper inside, one for the DLC, one for square enix product registration.

[quote name='TripleQ']No special markings on the box. Should come with two slips of paper inside, one for the DLC, one for square enix product registration.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Triple Q...Wish the CSR told me this when I picked it up

For Madden 11 you got 20k Coins code from GS/EB. I had SC2 preordered, but only got a Protoss poster when I picked it up. I was sort of disappointed that was all they had in the way of preorder goodies, but in most ways, I was not expecting much more.

Anyone find a site that lets you pre order the Limited Edition of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit? only sites i've got are all american :(

[quote name='X12']Anyone find a site that lets you pre order the Limited Edition of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit? only sites i've got are all american :([/QUOTE]

Amazon.ca has it

For Kindgom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, I know people were supposed to get decals for preordering, but does anyone know of any slipcases? Apparently in the states, Walmart copies had slipcovers (not sure if they were preorder bonuses or what though). I checked my closest Walmart but they didn't even have the game in yet.

A couple of quick questions. I pre-ordered the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition at Gamestop. How are the 2 codes for the armor and helmet given out? I've read online that the helmet code is actually going to be inside the game because it's a first print run thing. For the armor, I read that the Gamestop employee will just scan my pre-order receipt and then give me a code on a new receipt. Is this true?

Not really preorder goodies but:
Has anyone tried preordering Ys Oath in Felgana Limited Edition at EbGames Canada?
It seems like its not in their system (only regular) and not at all on their website...
I may have to hit amazon.ca

Thanks

There's 5 days left to pre-order the Bioware signature edition of Dragon Age II

signature_edition-p.jpg

Eb Games/Games Stop finally lowered their pre-order price to $59.99
Also at Best Buy $59.99 Best Buy is offering 800 Reward Zone Bonus Points ($10 value) for pre-ordering. I don't know if that's in-store or only on the website.
Amazon.ca now $59.99

Hey

I didn't want to make another thread for this question alone so i'll ask here. I wanna buy The Playstation Move controller on Gamestop.ca as it says ships in 24 Hours, does anyone have any idea if the website inventory get's updated to day to day bases ?

i'm tired of waitng for a stand alone Move controller to hit shelves so i was wondering hows gamestop.ca shipping is... is it reliable shipping ? ( I mean this as in do they take their time to get stuff out the door ? ) thinking about it now do they have set shipping price like say Futureshop ?

bread's done
Back