Feedback
3 (100%)
Last Updated: October 7, 2008

EB Games
:360: Xbox 360 :360:
Fable II - Fable 2 Pub Games XBLA
Fallout 3 - 5 soundtrack songs
Star Wars Force Unleashed - Stormtrooper figure
LEGO Batman - LEGO Batman minifig keychain (on purchase)
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Facebreaker - Demo
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Gamerpics
Dead Space - Art Book

:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Kratos Sackboy Code
Socom Confrontation - Online Beta Code
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirt
Mercenaries 2 - Toque
Mercenaries 2 - Shirt
Pure - Demo
Pure - Hat
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Video
Resistance 2 - Online Beta Code

:wii: Wii :wii:
Rock Band 2 - Rock Band 2 shirts
Wii Hat

:pc: PC :pc:
Spore - Creature Creator

Future Shop
:ps3: PlayStation 3 :ps3:
Little Big Planet - Noriko Sackgirl Code ($5)

Walmart
Gears of War 2 - 500 Microsoft Points

Toys R Us
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Banjo Kazooie XBLA

All Pre Order Goodies are YMMV

Original Post
I thought we should have a thread to post about any pre-order bonus', since I always seem to miss out on these 'freebies' that I wish I had.

It's confusing when these preorders actually come in since retailers can never tell you when their stock will arrive.

I was especially interested in the LEGO Batman keychain minifigs, Fable 2 XBLA Gambling game, and the Kratos Sack-boy and would like to know when they finally (if ever) come to us Canadians.

The only notable preorder bonus EbGames have right now is the Spore Creature Creator that I already have.

So anyone else see any preorder goodies around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder.. any idea if this is different than the normal "limited edition" first print run of most recent EA games? They never cut off pre-ordering before, and I'm surprised if any retailer will actually check when you pre-ordered...

Thanks PZ. I pre-order DA 2 just last night from Gamestop. Best Buy Canada has finally gotten the signature edition. YES!!. I hope it is the signature edition going by the picture.

I'll just pre-order from BB and cancel my GS order.

Amazon.ca has the same prices now too for all console version. Last night the (Jan 5th) Xbox 360 version was $70, now its $60.

Oh good they fixed Amazon.ca too. I asked on the Bioware Facebook group why the 360 version at EB Games/Gamestop and Amazon.ca were charging $10 more for the 360 version. Also that I was told at the store the regular edition was $10 less then the Bioware SE :cry: The Bioware brand manager messaged me that he will look into it. It's nice to see it's fixed.

Side note the first book for Dragon Age is really good. Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne ($12.99 on Amazon) fills in a lot of the world and characters story I would recommend you read it if you've enjoyed the game.

I remember I got an email from Gamestop just after EA/ Bioware announce the signature edition it was $59.99 on Gamestop. I didn't pre-order the game when I got the email, soon after the prices for the console version went up by $10 for all Canadian retailers that was participating in signature edition pre-orders. But during the same time American retailers had the console signature edition at $59.99 the whole time.

I imagine that the price went down to match Best Buy. But the Best Buy product details doesn't mention anything about signature edition. I feel kind of uneasy when Best Buy ships my pre-order it will be the standard edition.

I emailed Bestbuy about the Dragon Age Sig. edition. Here's their response:

We apologize but we cannot guarantee the preorder with the bonuses if it is not mentioned on our website. We do understand that it does show on the US best buy site but we do not always have the same promotions running on the Canadian Best Buy site.

We are sorry for any confusion.

US:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dragon+...40653&skuId=1470208&st=dragon age 2&lp=1&cp=1

Canada:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=f8250292bf0ff94a7fc22380f9746c54en02

I think I'll avoid BB on this one.

AFAIK, the deal with the signature edition is essentially "Pre-order the Regular Edition before January 11th, receive the Signature Edition as a free upgrade". In this respect, it's possible if you do not pre-order the signature edition by January 11th, the price of the Signature Edition will increase to $69.99 across the board, or be unavailable for pre-order. I'll probably pop into an EB and put down $5 for a pre-order, I was not a fan of the first Dragon Age so I may not pick this one up until much later down the line.

Well if it's like Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and BF: Bad Company 2 you can probably find the "Limited/Signature" editions on shelves if even you don't pre order since initial orders or shipments will probably be like first print editions.

Not sure if this is a good comparison but the last recent game that I had preordered and got a special edition of was for Red Dead Redemption at EB where preorders got the deadly assassin outfit and the cardboard slipcover. A friend of mine did a T2 for it the day of or the day after and he got the normal version.

So it could really be a preorder before Jan 11 and get the signature edition and the only way to get it without one would be to run into a store with a cancelled preorder for DA2.

Just a FYI for all those that got the LBP2 at EB and got their DLC codes voucher. I just used the voucher and it seems that I was able to download TRON "CLU" and the more animals (as advertised by EB) but I also go the rest of the downloads from the collector's edition (such as Gonzo, Ratchet, Clank, Alien, Jak, Daxter and the 5 LBP2 Avatar). I didn't need to open my LBP2 games to get the voucher inside after all. So for those that PO their regular version of LBP2 and your codes probably gives you all the CE DLC too.

Hi fellow CAGers. I just recently got into Dragon Age when I picked up the Ultimate Edition for the PC and so far I love it and now I really want the Signature Edition for DA:II but I foolishly did NOT put my pre-order in.

If anyone is around the GTA area and has a preorder in for the PC version and isn't that interested in picking it up. I'll gladly buy it off your hand plus something extra.

Let me know. Thanks.

[quote name='vibinvo']Hi fellow CAGers. I just recently got into Dragon Age when I picked up the Ultimate Edition for the PC and so far I love it and now I really want the Signature Edition for DA:II but I foolishly did NOT put my pre-order in.

If anyone is around the GTA area and has a preorder in for the PC version and isn't that interested in picking it up. I'll gladly buy it off your hand plus something extra.

Let me know. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Keep an eye on Amazon.ca they might get some available.

The Mass Effect 2 Terminus armour and gun is up on the PSN store for free for only a few days.
Also the Little Big Planet 2 space suit again on for the first week and it's free.

Hi folks. Does anyone know anything about the Tactics Ogre PSP preorder bonus? On the US EB games site it looks like the game comes with a set of illustrated tarot cards like the ones found in the game, but I haven't seen anything about that on Amazon.ca or the Canadian EB/GS stite. :(

Looks like this one might be an import after all. :(

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Damn.

I do like the cards.

But I do like that, too.[/QUOTE]

>_> I didn't even know this is coming out... now that I do... Must preorder... I wonder if Canada is going to get anything.... >_> import might be a good idea.

I like the artbook so far more then the cards... both amazon.ca and ebgames.ca doesn't offer information on whether they have any preorder bonus... importing from EU sounds like it's going to cost me an arm or a leg... >_>;; Maybe it's time to try out goomba's service and just order from gamestop.com site..

By all appearances, the tarot card promotion is canceled in Canada.
I emailed both Amazon and Gamestop Canada, and both told me that they were not going to have the cards.

To top it off, the Canadian pre-order section on the official website has disappeared, now there are only links to the US stores.

I've opted to import the game from Europe. Cooler goodies and it's actually cheaper once you factor in Canadian taxes.

[quote name='Vhalyar']By all appearances, the tarot card promotion is canceled in Canada.
I emailed both Amazon and Gamestop Canada, and both told me that they were not going to have the cards.

To top it off, the Canadian pre-order section on the official website has disappeared, now there are only links to the US stores.

I've opted to import the game from Europe. Cooler goodies and it's actually cheaper once you factor in Canadian taxes.[/QUOTE]

Really. I don't mind preordering, do you know a good site I can preorder and have them ship to canada? Thanks for the input, looks like amazon and eb games both failed this time. >_>

Nice, they dropped their price £6, making them a good $6 cheaper than HMV, which was being suggested to be the cheapest by random internet people. This is going to be the third English import PSP game in my collection, I love the lack of region protection ^_^

[quote name='Vhalyar']Sure, I settled on ordering my copy from Zavvi. Comes out to 41$ with shipping charges included.[/QUOTE]

Wow sweet, thanks.

[quote name='ragnar14']That's Pounds, not Euros. There's a fair difference. 1.36529 exchange on Euros, and 1.58195 on Pounds. £23.85 = 37.73CAD[/QUOTE]

lol ya I realized the differences. I'm not very sharp from my lack of sleep and shopping today. Well around 42 cad isn't bad considering the game is 39.99 at eb games without the bonus

This might be a little bit off topic but is there any where left taking pre-orders on MvC3 CE ?

If not do you think wal-mart of Futureshop would have any copies available on release ?

[quote name='afterburn999']This might be a little bit off topic but is there any where left taking pre-orders on MvC3 CE ?

If not do you think wal-mart of Futureshop would have any copies available on release ?[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask the same thing. I think you should still be able to preorder at Future Shop or EB, as long as the games haven't shipped yet. I don't see the CE versions on the FS or EB websites though.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I was just about to ask the same thing. I think you should still be able to preorder at Future Shop or EB, as long as the games haven't shipped yet. I don't see the CE versions on the FS or EB websites though.[/QUOTE]

The CE on both sites are sold out as well as BB. I'm going to call a couple eb games and confirm if they are still taking preorders.

[quote name='afterburn999']The CE on both sites are sold out as well as BB. I'm going to call a couple eb games and confirm if they are still taking preorders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sites everywhere are sold out, including EB/GS. I was thinking you could go into the shop and set a copy aside since they usually order X number of a particular edition. I ended up preordering a PS3 special edition from a local indie store just this afternoon. Best of luck!

[quote name='TronB']If you end up calling let us know, my brother might want to get to CE if it's not too late.[/QUOTE]

TronB, you live in Toronto correct? Give video games plus a call.

Hey guys!
So it turns out EB Games really is getting the slime plush for pre-ordering Dragon Quest VI, it's up on their website now.

Now if only the tarot cards for Tactics Ogre were for certain.

Arg, I've already tossed a order in with Goomba. You'd think they could give a bit more than 2 days notice :| I'll guess I'll toss in a order online now (it has free shipping) and see if Goomba can cancel this late -_-

Tactics Ogre preorder goody (the set of tarot cards are also available in Canada eb games.

It says so on the second page of "deal of the day"

[quote name='Wagyu']I picked up my pre-order of Dragon Quest VI today, and it came withthe slime plushie. Yay![/QUOTE]

Didnt know about that! Damn. man why is it that the new site never mention preorder bonus anymore.

God fucking dammit. My Gamestop.ca order just arrived, with no Slime plushie. What a complete waste of my time, now I need to return this and see if Goomba still has my copy, or order it off eBay. Gamestop is fucking inept :bomb:

Does anyone know if EB Games has the artbook for Hyperdimension Neptunia? I was planning on buying it from videgamesplus.ca but I didn't want to pay $10 of shipping for only one game.

Yes, all the first printings of Hyperdimension Neptunia are supposed to come with the artbook. So every retailer should have it.

[quote name='ragnar14']Yes, all the first printings of Hyperdimension Neptunia are supposed to come with the artbook. So every retailer should have it.[/QUOTE]

Hope so. Went to preorder it 2 days ago...so theres no guarantee they will even have a copy for me -_-

[quote name='bVork']Does anyone know of a place in Canada offering pre-orders for the Balls of Steel edition of Duke Nukem Forever?[/QUOTE]
I know that Amazon has the listing on their site now. I would imagine that EB Games would allow pre-orders for it.

I picked up my Tactics Ogre pre-order today and it turns out the tarot cards never made it to Canada :(

Too bad I suppose

[quote name='molol']I picked up my Tactics Ogre pre-order today and it turns out the tarot cards never made it to Canada :(

Too bad I suppose[/QUOTE]

Same here so far. They said they may get them later this week (no hope)

That's one reason I never trust EB games / GS preorders like that... they claim they think they're going to get them and they're either wrong outright, or they get like 1 bonus for every 10 copies of the game they get in. At least Amazon is pretty reliable with their preorders.

I had a buddy in the US order a copy for me and send it out.

I read on GameFAQs that the tarot cards came in on Thursday in Canada. I haven't picked up my preorder yet since I bought Tactics Ogre on PS Store. It's the same price, came out on Tuesday instead of Wednesday for GameStop. And you know, because of backwards compatibility for NGP.

bread's done
Back