Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Great, that's good news for me.

Another question, anyone think it's at all possible to still find the 360 Bioshock limited edition being sold anywhere? I borrowed it and fell in love with the game, I gotta have the limited edition...but I doubt I'll be able to find it.

Call the EB's around Ottawa. I've seen it at the Kanata EB they had two Limited copies for the longest time I don't know if they've sold it yet.

[quote name='Griptor']Great, that's good news for me.

Another question, anyone think it's at all possible to still find the 360 Bioshock limited edition being sold anywhere? I borrowed it and fell in love with the game, I gotta have the limited edition...but I doubt I'll be able to find it.[/quote]

i'd recommend EB Games; the ones around here always seem to have used Bioshock LE's in stock. haven't seen new ones for a while, though.

[quote name='webrunner']Are canadian EBs going to do the Apollo Justice preorder?[/quote]
dude, its been on since october, i did it when i picked up my copy of trials and tribulations.....

[quote name='Kekumba']What's the best store to buy DVD's from? I'm looking for Rob & Big and Run's House on DVD, and even though BB & FS sell Run's House for $20 (which is great for their standards), I've still yet to find Rob & Big anywhere.[/quote]

For US Point Cards, there is a pretty easy way around it (considering when they're on sale for $17 or so, and they're 1600 a piece, they're worth it).
You can make a US Account on Live. Then you can download the XBLA Games on the US account, and they're available to all your accounts.

[quote name='Azumangaman']For US Point Cards, there is a pretty easy way around it (considering when they're on sale for $17 or so, and they're 1600 a piece, they're worth it).
You can make a US Account on Live. Then you can download the XBLA Games on the US account, and they're available to all your accounts.[/QUOTE]
Only until your 360 bricks. :razz:

[quote name='Winnopeg']Only until your 360 bricks. :razz:[/quote]
Which just happened to me. I'm in denial though. If I bring back both the accounts, what will the problem be?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Which just happened to me. I'm in denial though. If I bring back both the accounts, what will the problem be?[/quote]

Im in the same boat, just log in the other account on a second controller and your fine. You HAVE to be connected to live though to play any stuff on that other count. I have another account because I wracked up like 8000 points on one of the smarter promos but I got tons of free live stuff as a result :)

[quote name='Azumangaman']Which just happened to me. I'm in denial though. If I bring back both the accounts, what will the problem be?[/QUOTE]
I must've jinxed you. :lol: If you're not logged into your other account with the second controller (or don't have access to Live), you'll have a large number of XBLA demos at your disposal.

I'm on my third 360 in a year, so I'd rather just give up the cash and buy Canadian points cards.

Anyone here of any good HD DVD Deals? I keep hearing they should be going on crazy sales since blue ray looks to be winning, but I haven't found any deals in Canada yet?

[quote name='Zowsky']Anyone here of any good HD DVD Deals? I keep hearing they should be going on crazy sales since blue ray looks to be winning, but I haven't found any deals in Canada yet?[/quote]

I've been ordering off of Amazon.com. Bourne Trilogy HDDVD ~$45 versus only one disc at Future Shop for around $30.

[quote name='gamer602']dude, its been on since october, i did it when i picked up my copy of trials and tribulations.....[/quote]

Do you know what name it's under on their system? Metrotown couldn't find it in their list even though it comes out next month. I tried to pre-order the day I picked up Advance Wars

[quote name='Firestorm']Do you know what name it's under on their system? Metrotown couldn't find it in their list even though it comes out next month. I tried to pre-order the day I picked up Advance Wars[/quote]

when i preordered it (way back when Phoenix 3 was just put in their system), it was under "Ace Attorney 4"

[quote name='Firestorm']Do you know what name it's under on their system? Metrotown couldn't find it in their list even though it comes out next month. I tried to pre-order the day I picked up Advance Wars[/quote]

EB's SKU is 6107056

Urgh, they even misspell the name.
ACE ATTRNEY A/J

Im looking for a dual shock 3 white in the gta, dont wanna pay too much. PM me if you know.

Btw for the above poster you can have my old gcn ( not empty) for 30 bucks if you want + shipping and handling if u want it shippeed ?

Any deals on the XBOX 360 120GB Hard Drive? TRU has them for $210 and FS has them for $220, but I want something lower than that. Was there past deals for them and how much?

I meant game cases, sorry.

I know there are 20Gb drives at Superstore/Loblaws for I think $70. For over $200 it may be cheaper to buy an Elite.

where is the best place to buy xbl points? it feels like I'm being ripped off when I get them from the xbl service online.

What's the cheapest price anyone has seen Ghost Squad on Wii for? I'm in Alberta, and I saw it for $29.99 at EB, so I almost picked it up. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen it any cheaper than that?

Has anyone seen Resitance: Fall of Man cheaper than MSRP in Canada? I want to buy this game but I refuse to pay full price for something over 1-year old.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Thanks. Got 404 when attempting to checkout though. :whistle2:([/quote]email nintendo and let them know, their customer service is excellent :)

Where can I get a 20 or 60GB PS3 in Greater Vancouver?

They're discontinued, so they'll be hard to find. EB might still carry some.

Lowest price for Ghost Squad: Rogers sells it for $19.99 used.

Resistance: used at Rogers/EB is probably the best. Never seen it for lower. Maybe wait for Resistance 2: they usually lower the price of earlier versions when that happens.

[quote name='craig64']What's the cheapest price anyone has seen Ghost Squad on Wii for? I'm in Alberta, and I saw it for $29.99 at EB, so I almost picked it up. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen it any cheaper than that?[/quote]
EB:
Now 24.99 NEW
19.99 USED

[quote name='Arcturian']YAHOO! CAG is BACK![/quote]

Lord does it make me happy :) I got warned on my GameFAQs account for the weekend so I didn't know what to do with myself while on the internet ;_;

[quote name='Arcturian']YAHOO! CAG is BACK![/QUOTE]
Sorry but this is the question and answer thread and this is neither!

Who else is excited that CAG is BACK?

I am also excited that it's back. I'm more excited that gamer602 told me that EB dropped their price on Ghost Squad! :D (Rogers didn't have any copies)

I was desperate enough to spend the downtime on RFD, and ended up with a Logitech Cordless Wave. I now suck at CS.

I don't suppose anyone got ahold of the Feb newsletters from Rogers/Blockbuster?

So who's watching the Superbowl?
HINT: It better be everyone

I despise both teams, but there should be a great game of football ahead. Go Patriots, I guess.

[quote name='Azumangaman']So who's watching the Superbowl?
HINT: It better be everyone

I despise both teams, but there should be a great game of football ahead. Go Patriots, I guess.[/QUOTE]
I didn't watch it, I don't follow any kind of sports. :razz:

Sorry, I meant the Apollo Justice preorder bonus, which was just announced a week or two ago- the keychain

[quote name='webrunner']Sorry, I meant the Apollo Justice preorder bonus, which was just announced a week or two ago- the keychain[/quote]

i'm honestly not expecting EB to get anything, as has been shown by all the past Ace Attorney swag-less launches.

bread's done
Back