Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

[quote name='maigoyume']you would need a bubble mailer for it, stick the game inside, then take it to the post office, show them the address and ask for the cheapest shipping method, fill out the form (value in CAD/USD, label as gift) and voila[/quote]

Gotcha, thanks. Now to find an old bubble mailer and remove the labels...

What is the cheapest anyone has seen NHL08 on 360? I saw it at EB for $40 used, so that's probably where I'll pick it up - but has anyone seen it any less elsewhere?

[quote name='craig64']What is the cheapest anyone has seen NHL08 on 360? I saw it at EB for $40 used, so that's probably where I'll pick it up - but has anyone seen it any less elsewhere?[/quote]

It's $39.99 used at Rogers, or $20 if you find it at a place with 2/40.

Sports games tend to drop in price really fast: I bet in June after the Stanley Cup's over it'll go down to $20-30. Of course when NHL 09 comes out it'll be dirt-cheap.

Has anyone seen any copies of Obscure 2: The Aftermath (Wii) available yet and where? It was supposed to be out today.

I'm hoping there wasn't a delay like there was with House of the Dead for some canadians.

[quote name='chrisryans']Does anyone know if Persona 3 FES is in the system at EB? I need to preorder this game ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Persona 3 FES is in the EB Games computer now if any one wants to reserve it :D

[quote name='craig64']What is the cheapest anyone has seen NHL08 on 360? I saw it at EB for $40 used, so that's probably where I'll pick it up - but has anyone seen it any less elsewhere?[/quote]

It was on sale at WM for $30 back sometime in Nov Dec of 2007. I think it was a pricing error bc WM pulled it all off the shelves. I took the flyer to BB and they PM at the register.

Real canadian Super Store has the PS2 at $99 this week. If you need memory cards I can make you a good trade/deal on it. I have an extra 2 pack new in packaging.

Is it cheaper to buy wii pts online instore, or from the states?
And if bought from the states, will it have an issue with working (i've heard that XBLive membership cards from the states don't work in canada...).

Also, which "gun" is best for wii shooter games? I'm not really liking the zapper that much, so I've been looking into the nyko perfect shot or the icon marksman light gun.

[quote name='bullets898'] Also, which "gun" is best for wii shooter games? I'm not really liking the zapper that much, so I've been looking into the nyko perfect shot or the icon marksman light gun.[/quote]

The Perfect shot is the best light gun accessory: be warned that with the Wii Remote it will be "barrel-heavy" so it may tire you out faster. The Icon marksman supposedly uses the Z button as the trigger and is a POS.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...angid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10097595&catid=24674

Anyone know where I can find Twilight Princess Wii for cheap? As in sub 30$, possibly 20$ cheap?
New or used, it doesn't matter.

QUESTION: What happens if you don't pick up a pre-order at EB after they call you?

They called me to pick up my SSBB preorder that I didn't want anymore. I called back, asking to change the preorder to something else and the clerk told me I'd have to do that in person. Which is NOT TRUE (I've done it over the phone many times) but I didn't feel like arguing with the guy and ignored it.

Did I lose my 5 dollar deposit on SSBB, or can I get it back or change it to, say, MGS4?

you can change it.

I also had the exact same crap happen to me today with my MGS collection preorder. You can move it to any other game or get back your money.

Maybe it was a company change because I used to just change it over the phone.
They said come in person. Which I will do. I was pissed that they sold my MSG collection so quickly though. (Got the call tuesday was gone by saturday)

I think they changed the policy. I had to sign a piece of paper when I changed a $5 preorder deposit on Friday from MGS collection to Persona 3 FES. I've never had to sign anything before.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I think they changed the policy. I had to sign a piece of paper when I changed a $5 preorder deposit on Friday from MGS collection to Persona 3 FES. I've never had to sign anything before.[/quote]

I ve always had to sign a peice of paper ever since i started reserving games 4 years ago....

[quote name='poiuiu']Anyone know where I can find Twilight Princess Wii for cheap? As in sub 30$, possibly 20$ cheap?
New or used, it doesn't matter.[/quote]

Hard to find anywhere for less than $50 new. Your best bet is private sellers. Knowing Nintendo, it'll still be $50-60 MSRP for years (unless they make it Player's Choice.)

Whats the best price for The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II on 360? I can't find it on Futureshop's or Best Buy's websites

I've seen Yakuza for sale aty my local BBV. Is it worth getting for $10? The case is one of those BBV cases, and no idea what condition the disk is in, etc.
Anyone know if this game is worth it, and how long it is? (I have already so many PS2 games on the backburner...) It just looks like a typical mob game to me, but it always seems recommended, just wondering what makes the game worth it.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Hard to find anywhere for less than $50 new. Your best bet is private sellers. Knowing Nintendo, it'll still be $50-60 MSRP for years (unless they make it Player's Choice.)[/quote]

That's a fact I knew from the day TP was announced for Wii, tho I thought I try asking anyway. Looks like i"ll need to look around my old haunts for anyone dumb enough to hock off their copy to a pawnshop or something. "/

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I've seen Yakuza for sale aty my local BBV. Is it worth getting for $10? The case is one of those BBV cases, and no idea what condition the disk is in, etc.
Anyone know if this game is worth it, and how long it is? (I have already so many PS2 games on the backburner...) It just looks like a typical mob game to me, but it always seems recommended, just wondering what makes the game worth it.[/quote]

For 10 bucks, just about any game is worth it, other of course the garbage of garbage games which anyone can see a mile away. The only problem with the game is crappy english voice overs. If you like it enough, Yakuza 2 is supposedly coming out.

Also be sure to ask for a proper PS2 case, BBV's have a ton lying around.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I've seen Yakuza for sale aty my local BBV. Is it worth getting for $10? The case is one of those BBV cases, and no idea what condition the disk is in, etc.
Anyone know if this game is worth it, and how long it is? (I have already so many PS2 games on the backburner...) It just looks like a typical mob game to me, but it always seems recommended, just wondering what makes the game worth it.[/quote]

Yakuza is a very good game with a nice plot, horrible loading speed when you're travelling around the city though...

The details put into this game is sweet, the city you're character travels in is actually a real place in Japan, with the restraunts and stores (name changes though)... I don't like mob, beat them up games but this one is an exception, you should really look into it :)

Anyone seen any deals on Lost: Via Domus for the 360? I know the game is supposed to be trash but I'm a sucker for the show...plus some easy nerd points are a nice bonus.

I'm sure Walmart will be bundling that with another game of similar quality come this holiday. :p

Where can I find a standalone Guitar Hero guitar for my Wii?

It is hard enough to find the bundle let alone one of these things. Can you order them from anywhere?

Edit: Either the official guitar or the Nyko 3rd party will do. I am not picky

[quote name='Smack']Where can I find a standalone Guitar Hero guitar for my Wii?

It is hard enough to find the bundle let alone one of these things. Can you order them from anywhere?

Edit: Either the official guitar or the Nyko 3rd party will do. I am not picky[/quote]

I saw a few of the official ones at Best Buy a week ago. $59.99. Probably OOS now.

[quote name='Smack']Where can I find a standalone Guitar Hero guitar for my Wii?

Edit: Either the official guitar or the Nyko 3rd party will do. I am not picky[/quote]

I saw a few of the official ones at Best Buy a week ago. $59.99. Probably OOS now.

Has anyone seen Metroid Prime 3 for less than $49.99? That's the used price at EB, but I'm still not wanting to pay that much for it...

[quote name='Winkels']Anyone seen any deals on Lost: Via Domus for the 360? I know the game is supposed to be trash but I'm a sucker for the show...plus some easy nerd points are a nice bonus.[/QUOTE]

It's $35 used at EB now.

Has anyone seen Metroid Prime 3 for less than $49.99? That's the used price at EB, but I'm still not wanting to pay that much for it...

[quote name='Winkels']Anyone seen any deals on Lost: Via Domus for the 360? I know the game is supposed to be trash but I'm a sucker for the show...plus some easy nerd points are a nice bonus.[/QUOTE]

It's $35 used at EB now.

[quote name='craig64']Has anyone seen Metroid Prime 3 for less than $49.99? That's the used price at EB, but I'm still not wanting to pay that much for it...[/quote]

$49.99 is the new price at most stores. I think Dell had it for $45 a few weeks back. You could also wait for the next SiG Electronics sale, but they have limited stock.

Is the CE for Enchanted Arms a normal Case? or does it have one of those stupid special cases? I ask because I can only find the CE @ Futureshop, and I hate those boxes. I'd rather just have the normal box.

[quote name='Zowsky']Is the CE for Enchanted Arms a normal Case? or does it have one of those stupid special cases? I ask because I can only find the CE @ Futureshop, and I hate those boxes. I'd rather just have the normal box.[/quote]

For either 360 or PS3, I never heard of CE for Enchanted Arms. Can anyone answer this?

[quote name='danthemightyone']For either 360 or PS3, I never heard of CE for Enchanted Arms. Can anyone answer this?[/quote]
It's a normal case + some little manga book. Nothing too fancy

[quote name='thelostdude']It's a normal case + some little manga book. Nothing too fancy[/quote]

Yeah I know there's like a manga book added to the regular edition. I guess the case might be different to hold the book.

Haha, this EB store continues to amaze me. First they rejected ALL unadvertised preorder to be taken with Trade 3 promo. Unadvertised titles, according to them, are the ones they don't have any posters, etc in their store. Duh!

Today, they rejected me to switch GTA4 to GTA4 CE. When I was making the preorder, they clearly said I can switch it to any other preorders in the system, with paying the difference for such collectors edition. Now they are saying that they can't refund to credit as they bumped up the credit value from 8 to 20, so doing so would be a loss to them. Of course, I didn't even ask for the refund but just a switch to another one.

Did anyone else have a trouble switching their preorder to CE version? If so, what did you have to say to justify it?

By the way, I switched my MGS4 preoreder to CE with zero hassle at another store. I had to travel far to preorder it in another store because of this "unadvertised" BS.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Haha, this EB store continues to amaze me. First they rejected ALL unadvertised preorder to be taken with Trade 3 promo. Unadvertised titles, according to them, are the ones they don't have any posters, etc in their store. Duh!

Today, they rejected me to switch GTA4 to GTA4 CE. When I was making the preorder, they clearly said I can switch it to any other preorders in the system, with paying the difference for such collectors edition. Now they are saying that they can't refund to credit as they bumped up the credit value from 8 to 20, so doing so would be a loss to them. Of course, I didn't even ask for the refund but just a switch to another one.

Did anyone else have a trouble switching their preorder to CE version? If so, what did you have to say to justify it?

By the way, I switched my MGS4 preoreder to CE with zero hassle at another store. I had to travel far to preorder it in another store because of this "unadvertised" BS.[/quote]

Did u bring ur receipt?

If not they marked it on ur account and ur best bet is to ask another associate on another day.

[quote name='gamer602']Did u bring ur receipt?

If not they marked it on ur account and ur best bet is to ask another associate on another day.[/quote]

Mark it? You mean they leave record of switch attempt?

[quote name='danthemightyone']Haha, this EB store continues to amaze me. First they rejected ALL unadvertised preorder to be taken with Trade 3 promo. Unadvertised titles, according to them, are the ones they don't have any posters, etc in their store. Duh!

By the way, I switched my MGS4 preoreder to CE with zero hassle at another store. I had to travel far to preorder it in another store because of this "unadvertised" BS.[/quote]
I've always been able to choose which games i wanted to preorder with the promo and the guys even gave me a list of all upcoming x360 games to help me choose from.

[quote name='danthemightyone']Yeah I know there's like a manga book added to the regular edition. I guess the case might be different to hold the book.[/quote]

Yeah, there's a larger sleeve case that holds the game case and manga.

So where should I be preordering/buying my copy of GTAIV (regular) from? I only know that EB is offering a poster on preorders there, but I'm wondering if any other places got any worth-while swag for grabs.

[quote name='mrelusive']So where should I be preordering/buying my copy of GTAIV (regular) from? I only know that EB is offering a poster on preorders there, but I'm wondering if any other places got any worth-while swag for grabs.[/quote]

HMV has a T-shirt with GTAIV on it.

bread's done
Back