Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Has anyone seen any cheap copies of Halo 3 (new only) recently... or know what the best place to buy it sealed would be? It's a Christmas gift... so I just want to make sure it's sealed.

[quote name='craig64']Has anyone seen any cheap copies of Halo 3 (new only) recently... or know what the best place to buy it sealed would be? It's a Christmas gift... so I just want to make sure it's sealed.[/quote]

The legendary edition-the ugly helmet one is $25 New at Rogers

$25? Oh man! That would be insane! I'm guessing this will totally be YMMV, but I'll check out a few locations and see what I can do. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone know where I can find Lost Odyssey cheap??? I've only been able to find it for 59.99.

hey how rare is beyond good and evil:ps2: . I was up late and saw about 4-5 copies at Walmart. I thought about picking them up before I left (for the states for the winter)

Staples has Lost Odyssey for 39 apparently. And Blockbuster sells it used for kinda cheap. It is an amazing game though.

[quote name='Wolfkin']hey how rare is beyond good and evil:ps2: . I was up late and saw about 4-5 copies at Walmart. I thought about picking them up before I left (for the states for the winter)[/quote]

Like Okami, Odin Sphere, Naruto somethingoranother 2, and Maximo: Guts to Glory, Beyond Good and Evil has been reprinted with the Sony red stripe; so no, it's not very rare, but unlike the aforementioned titles, BG&E is $10 USD so if you have a fragment of a soul in your body, you would buy a few copies and give them as stocking stuffers. :p

Also, don't forget to tell them how to avoid the game breaking door bug that prevents progress; assuming Ubisoft never bothered to fix that bug.

I hate to ask this with the whole Zellers fiasco going on... but has anyone seen Fallout 3 (360) for less than full price recently? (Aside from Zellers, of course).

You can have goomba ship you the CE from Amazon.com for a few bucks over US MSRP of the regular edition: link.

Other than that, wait until Boxing day; of any time there will be a sale, it should be then.

I think I'm probably just wanting the regular edition, it's just going to be a Christmas gift. If only Christmas was after Boxing Day I'd be a happy guy! I've contemplated it before, just for the savings...

I'm sure I'll probably just be paying full price, but that's okay - the game's worth it.

The B2G1 deal at Toys R Us is still going on, if there's 2 other games you want with Fallout.

And to the person looking for Lost Odyssey-- I saw quite a few copies at Blockbuster (used) for $34.99. I'm currently playing it, it's very good.

[quote name='poiuiu']Like Okami, Odin Sphere, Naruto somethingoranother 2, and Maximo: Guts to Glory, Beyond Good and Evil has been reprinted with the Sony red stripe[/quote]the ones i saw weren't player's choice i don't know if that makes a difference or not but I'll definitely pick one up if only for myself. I really wanted a gamecube version but i guess i'd rather go new PS2 than horribly used NGC.

The reprint was supposed to have the red stripe, but it's not surprising that there would be black label stock since the game bombed so hard when it was release 3-4 years ago; afterall, why repackage when you can just ship them as is and take advantage of 'collectors'.

hey, Does anyone know if EBGames is offering some sort of deal where you trade in X number of games for a free PSP?

I know i've seen them have this deal before on PSPs and DSs, and now that I actually want a PSP, i bet they wont have the deal on.

so anyone know?

[quote name='summer_star17x']hey, Does anyone know if EBGames is offering some sort of deal where you trade in X number of games for a free PSP?

I know i've seen them have this deal before on PSPs and DSs, and now that I actually want a PSP, i bet they wont have the deal on.

so anyone know?[/quote]

IIRC, they had Trade 8 Get PSP free or Trade 6 and Get PSP for $19.99 (last month I believe). Because of the last heavily-abused T2G1@$10 promo and given the time of season, it's very unlikely that they will run a promo. Boxing day is of course a different story though.

[quote name='doctorofstyle']if i buy the 60 gig hard drive can i use a transfer cable to transfer stuff from the 20 gig to the 60 gig?[/quote]

Yes, I just did this last week. However, the 60GB kit does not come with a transfer cable, so you will have to call up Microsoft (don't bother emailing, you'll get a robot response) and get them to send you one (for free!).

Anybody know if EB still has that trade in thing for getting for HardDrive space on the 360?
I remeber there being one a couple months ago.
Anybody know the details?

this isn't really gaming but I guess I can ask this here:
my parents bought something from the brick and returned it and they got a paper with some credit towards buying stuff from the brick. Now they lost it so apparently I wont be able to get my birthday present anymore :'(.
Any chance The Brick will just grant the credit if its in their system and my dad shows the receipt ?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know if EB still has that trade in thing for getting for HardDrive space on the 360?
I remeber there being one a couple months ago.
Anybody know the details?[/quote]

I didn't know of EB having one, but Microsoft has a great deal if you have a core or arcade. Check out: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/hddoffer/default.htm

I did it for one of my cores, got it within 2 days and $30 for a 20 GB hard drive and 3 months of live is a pretty sweet deal.

[quote name='musdy']Anyone know where I can find Halo 1 & 2 NEW??[/QUOTE]

I've you have a Rogers Plus/Video nearby, I've seen copies in their value games bins in my area on occasion recently.

[quote name='TealShark']I've you have a Rogers Plus/Video nearby, I've seen copies in their value games bins in my area on occasion recently.[/quote]

seconded...2/$30

also, if there's a zellers around you, i've seen both halo games in their value bin as well.

Anybody know if Fallout 3 for 360 is cheaper than regular price at any stores now or during boxing week?

I am also trying trying to find an xbox live 12 month subscription card, any help would be great.

I understand that EBgames doesn't have the option of giving cash for trade in's anymore and that they only give credit.

Do you have to spend the credit right on the spot, or will they give you a gift card with the amount on it?

[quote name='Grease_Bits']I understand that EBgames doesn't have the option of giving cash for trade in's anymore and that they only give credit.

Do you have to spend the credit right on the spot, or will they give you a gift card with the amount on it?[/quote]

they give it to you on a card that you can use at any eb games in canada. it's given to you on an edge card though, rather than a gift card (to the best of my knowledge)

[quote name='cm matty']they give it to you on a card that you can use at any eb games in canada. it's given to you on an edge card though, rather than a gift card (to the best of my knowledge)[/QUOTE]

So does that mean I have to sign up for the edge card, isn't it like $10?

[quote name='Grease_Bits']So does that mean I have to sign up for the edge card, isn't it like $10?[/quote]

i have no idea to be honest. i got a free edge card during a trade 3 promotion. i also have a gift card in my wallet. when i trade in games, they put the credit on the edge card.

$5 as of last year (hrm, I guess I have to renew mine soon). So $50 of used games = break even.

Drop by an eb during boxing day. Some locations were giving out free edge cards last year.

They always put credit on an edge card. Then, they give you the option of adding a subscription to your edge card to give you discounts for future used games purchases, for about $5. You are not obliged to pay the $5 if you don't want the subscription.

[quote name='Zeitgeist']Hey does anyone know when stores will allow returns? More specifically, toysRus?[/quote]

To be honest, we were accepting returns today.

Hey CAGs, has anyone spotted the PSP component av cable (first or third party) anywhere for a decent price? Best Buy & FS have it at 21.99 or so and Amazon has 24.99. $15 would be easier to swallow. I'm in Toronto if anyone has a region specific tip. I did check ebay and there are some extremely cheap ones, like $10, all from Hong Kong and are 3rd party, who knows what the quality of those are... If there aren't any better Canadian deals I'm leaning toward one at Playasia that's about $18 after shipping.

Thanks a lot, guys.

psp_component_av_cable.JPG

Either video cords for 2000/3000 edition PSP can be had for 10 bucks used at EB, save 10 per cent with Edge card; assuming they have any used for sale of course.

Thanks for the tip.

Got another question, can anyone recommend a good LCD HDTV screen cleaner that's available in Canada? I don't know where to start, never cleaned it before. This is on topic, cause I play all my video games on it!

Thanks.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Thanks for the tip.

Got another question, can anyone recommend a good LCD HDTV screen cleaner that's available in Canada? I don't know where to start, never cleaned it before. This is on topic, cause I play all my video games on it!

Thanks.[/quote]

I wouldn't buy into the Monster Screen Cleaner, as it's marked up almost as much as Monster Cables...Whatever you use, don't spray the screen itself, the liquid could leak behind the bezel and cause permanent damage. If you purchase a kit with the cleaner and a clothe, spray the clothe with the cleaner, and wipe.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Hey CAGs, has anyone spotted the PSP component av cable (first or third party) anywhere for a decent price? Best Buy & FS have it at 21.99 or so and Amazon has 24.99. $15 would be easier to swallow. I'm in Toronto if anyone has a region specific tip. I did check ebay and there are some extremely cheap ones, like $10, all from Hong Kong and are 3rd party, who knows what the quality of those are... If there aren't any better Canadian deals I'm leaning toward one at Playasia that's about $18 after shipping.[/quote]I realize this is the Canadian thread but have you tried PriceWatch? I haven't used it here in Canada yet but sometimes you can find prices so low that I figure even with Canadian shipping you'll come out ahead. If not there's always the chance that Goomba might do it for you?

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Thanks for the tip.

Thanks.[/quote]
Any old micro-fiber cloth should do. If you haven't seen anywhere selling them check camera or glasses shops. I picked one up in the electronics section of Zellers a while ago, no idea if they'd still have them though.

Anyone see any upcoming deals for LOTR: Conquest? I saw the crappy EB trade in deal and BestBuy has it listed for $60 in the latest flyer

BattleFront with Hobbits FTW

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Anyone see any upcoming deals for LOTR: Conquest? I saw the crappy EB trade in deal and BestBuy has it listed for $60 in the latest flyer

BattleFront with Hobbits FTW[/quote]

May not be that bad with EB.

- Find dirt cheap games like Red Steel and Motorstorm
- Trade them in with $19.99
- Return the game and get full price in return within a week.

Has anyone seen any good deals on XBL Microsoft Points? I'm fairly new to XBL so I'm not sure if there even is such a thing as a deal on microsoft points. Thanks!

The most common deals on points are the promos that FS/BB run which gives you 15%/20% off video game accessories. Rarely TrU has 25% gaming accessories, but they come around once in a blue moon. 15% off is pretty consistent savings, and better than nothing, no question.

bread's done
Back