Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I've seen so many different thrread that the forum is getting messy. Since we have an official trading thread, maybe we can have an official one for questions too, because after all, this is the Canadian HOT DEALS forum! It's not right when we have more questions than deals. You can ask any question you wan there, ranging from the cheapest 360, HDTVGame delays, Canadian game rental sites all the way to where the cheapest copy of Burnout is. I can assure you that you will get the same amout of replies here, if not more!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!

Glad you got it and it seems to be in great condition. As for the other comments I would say the slim is a fair amount smaller than the phat. According to their specs it is almost 8lbs lighter, 2cm & 10cm shorter for height and lenght respectively. That is a pretty big difference.

[quote name='killmak']Glad you got it and it seems to be in great condition. As for the other comments I would say the slim is a fair amount smaller than the phat. According to their specs it is almost 8lbs lighter, 2cm & 10cm shorter for height and lenght respectively. That is a pretty big difference.[/QUOTE]

Those are interesting specs. I never realized the weight difference between the two.
To be honest, when I've seen the two side-by-side, my personal impression is that there doesn't seem to be much of a size difference other than the slim looks just a little bit slimmer. :whistle2:#

[quote name='killmak']Glad you got it and it seems to be in great condition. As for the other comments I would say the slim is a fair amount smaller than the phat. According to their specs it is almost 8lbs lighter, 2cm & 10cm shorter for height and lenght respectively. That is a pretty big difference.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, the Slim is actually deeper than the Phat!

the weight comes from the heatsinks & power supply

generally for pc hardware, heavy power supplies are 'better', & heavy heatsinks usually have a lot of copper in them (also 'better' than aluminum)

Anyone read, or at least recommend any gaming magazines?

I currently subscribe to Playstation: The Official Magazine but the subscription has almost run out and considering that I've got a PS3, 360 and Wii nowadays, I think it would be best to get a magazine that deals with all consoles. Also one that isn't too expensive would be great.

I do frequent many gaming sites but I do like reading magazines at times, hence my current subscription to PtoM.

I find it nice to be able to read things while on the subway or something.

[quote name='8JiN8']is there a trade in ps3 value for EB or bestbuy?[/QUOTE]
BestBuy doesn't take used consoles. EB will probably give $70, you'd get more via private sale unless they have a promo

I'm pretty sure I saw a post or thread about this a few months ago with the answer, but my searches turned up empty. Anyways, on to the question...

Can you use FS gift cards at BB and vice versa? In-store and/or online?

Thanks!

[quote name='Jamaal23']I'm pretty sure I saw a post or thread about this a few months ago with the answer, but my searches turned up empty. Anyways, on to the question...

Can you use FS gift cards at BB and vice versa? In-store and/or online?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think they are interchangeable online, but not in store. If someone knows differently hopefully they can correct me.

That is correct. I'm pretty sure they would work in store as well, but it's unlikely you'd find a CSR who lets you use a different store's GC there.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Anyone seen Fallout 3 GOTY for PS3 for really cheap? Like $30 or less. Used would be okay.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is a good deal or not, it's the normal version:
$19.99
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=13099

This isn't a video game related question, but does anyone have any suggestions on where to get anime cheap?
[can be online or at a store] Just curious, as they seem to be quite expensive at FS/BB/amazon.ca

Some are cheap on amazon UK.

I unfortunately missed the Futureshop T2 get Red Dead Redemption free deal.
What are my options to get the game considering I have GoW Collection and New Super Mario Bros. DS to trade?
Thanks

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']
This isn't a video game related question, but does anyone have any suggestions on where to get anime cheap?
[can be online or at a store] Just curious, as they seem to be quite expensive at FS/BB/amazon.ca

Some are cheap on amazon UK.[/QUOTE]

amazon.com has random sales, but dunno about canadian shipping
rightstuf.com has bigger sales

might score deals at conventions
goozex might work too

people buy anime? :lol::applause::booty:

I'm wondering about where to buy anime as well. =P During RightStuf's sale in December, I decided to pick up a few titles that were waaay cheaper than what anyone in Canada was offering. Of course I wanted free shipping, so I spent the $150 to get it. The orders came in two different delivers (one item was "on order" for 5 months, but that's not what I'm complaining about here lol), and in total I had to pay like $30 in duties. So while I still saved a bit, the duties really killed the wow factor, so it's a good idea to keep that in mind if you end up ordering from them.

Other than that, preordering anime on Amazon.ca is the only way I've been able to save a few bucks.

There's also Anime North this coming weekend, but I think they would be more on the expensive side...

[quote name='kn00tcn']amazon.com has random sales, but dunno about canadian shipping
rightstuf.com has bigger sales

might score deals at conventions
goozex might work too

people buy anime? :lol::applause::booty:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help :D
I dunno about other people, but I do ;)

I can't seem to find it but someone had in their sig about a guide to how it's only $5 to ship video games anywhere. I am planning on getting rid of a few video games on ebay so I was hoping to track down this guide to save on shipping costs.

People, what's the best deal I can get on an Arcade Fightstick for XBox 360? I need one that is compatible with Super Street Fighter 4. Area: GTA. Cheers.

[quote name='CrushEm']I can't seem to find it but someone had in their sig about a guide to how it's only $5 to ship video games anywhere. I am planning on getting rid of a few video games on ebay so I was hoping to track down this guide to save on shipping costs.[/QUOTE]

That must be magiic's sig. He's not on as often as he used to be, do a member search for an old post.

Two ii's I believe

[quote name='maigoyume']Here make it easier for you :)[/QUOTE]

oh SNAP. Thank you so much. I couldn't remember your username for the life of me. Thanks a tonne! Bookmarked for future reference as well. I greatly appreciate it.

[quote name='CrushEm']oh SNAP. Thank you so much. I couldn't remember your username for the life of me. Thanks a tonne! Bookmarked for future reference as well. I greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]Its not exactly the easiest name in the world.

Though for the record, I put the links there for my own ease of use, but if it helps you guys, then all the better.

Does anyone know if there's anyway for EB to check through my phone number that I purchased a game? I lost the receipt (for Peace Walker) so I can't return it, the game's still sealed though. I would sort of like the full value of the game back, even if it's store credit I guess.

Just wanted to ask here before I have to deal with EB employees about it.

Yeah I preordered, and also have the bandana. Hell, if they let me return I'll just give the bandana back. I just want to return it as my PSP sorta just broke and I'm not sure when I feel like buying another for now.

I'll give it a shot when I'm free to stop by EB though, thanks. :)

[quote name='Norieaga']Just wondering: does Gamestop U.S.A. ship to Canada? There's a deal on Alpha Protocol ($33.99 + free shipping).[/QUOTE]

Nope. My friend tried ordering the MGS Special Edition PSP bundle and that was fail.

[quote name='Norieaga']Just wondering: does Gamestop U.S.A. ship to Canada? There's a deal on Alpha Protocol ($33.99 + free shipping).[/QUOTE]
According to the Gamestop website they do ship to Canada but shipping will be a minimum of $15 (on orders up to $75) plus whatever taxes/duties/etc once it gets to your door making it not much of a deal anymore.

There are stores in Montreal area (probably downtown too), but nothing worth your time in my opinion... I only shop at EB-BBV-FS-BB.

Unless you are looking for classic games?

Any deals on the Fallout 3 expansion discs (PC). Found Fallout 3 for $30, didn't notice there was a GOTY edition out, and foolishly bought it. Hoping I can get a deal on the expansions.

[quote name='mmm11105']Any deals on the Fallout 3 expansion discs (PC). Found Fallout 3 for $30, didn't notice there was a GOTY edition out, and foolishly bought it. Hoping I can get a deal on the expansions.[/QUOTE]

ouch, unlucky, 2 weeks ago was a bethesda sale on steam, $24 for GOTY

i'm not sure you can get much of a deal (or even stock, unless it's online) of the expansions alone

So, I think my PS3 just died.

Are there any reputable places in Canada [or Edmonton specifically] which will repair this red blinking light of doom? I just read about http://www.gophermods.com/ but I don't really want to ship my PS3 to the states, as I think the customs fees would be steep upon return.

Back story,
I hadn't had it on for at least 5-6hrs so I don't think heating was the issue.
Basically, I put in UFC 2010, the game slowed way down at the start, and the screen froze. I was able to eject the disc, but then the PS3 light blinked red.

Now when I turn on my system, first it'll show the green light, with nothing on the tv screen, and then go to the blinking red light. I didn't see a yellow light, but yeah, looks like it bit the dust.

I'm under the impression that if I send in my PS3 to Sony for $150 or w/e, they will just send me a refurb, rather than the system I send them to begin with.

I really don't want to lose my game saves, especially the Capcom ones that are locked to my system.

bread's done
Back