Cancelled Madden '10 Pre-order, Finally Feel Free

bleak

CAGiversary!
A mad urge led me to cancel my amazon.com pre-order of Madden recently. For those who've pre-ordered already, I suggest trying the cancellation experience out. I feel like Kunta Kinte now - finally standing up to my enslaver, Madden 'XX.

With so many good games coming out soon - besides the money - why waste your time on a Madden game?

You could be playing these instead...

Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Splinter Cell, Brutal Legend, Modern Warfare, and so on... Those are just my personal favorites.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I've been always had the thought of "why waste time on a Madden game?"

Of course you could substitute "Madden" for any sports game and it would still be true for me.

very nice!!! now put that money down on modernwarefare 2 and get yourself a real game!!!!

besides, madden is the same game every year with updated graphics. imo all sports games should launch at no more than $30

i buy madden useually when it hits $10-$15 i got 09 on ebay for $15 about 4 or 5 months after it came out. i can justify spending $10-$15 on madden :) but i also see why people buy the new ones, i mean if you are a big madden fan, and are competitive/play online, i'd imagine you have to get the new one in order to keep up with all the other folks.

[quote name='wwe101']very nice!!! now put that money down on modernwarefare 2 and get yourself a real game!!!!

besides, madden is the same game every year with updated graphics. imo all sports games should launch at no more than $30[/QUOTE]

Actually I ended up using my 50% trade-in coupon to order the Prestige Edition of Modern Warfare 2. I really am kind of disgusted with myself for doing so since I'm a grown man but I couldn't help myself.

Getting a new sports game was fun for my bothers and I growing up. We would play and talk trash for hours. Now I hardly ever buy a new sports game any but can see the appeal.

[quote name='wwe101']very nice!!! now put that money down on modernwarefare 2 and get yourself a real game!!!!

besides, madden is the same game every year with updated graphics. imo all sports games should launch at no more than $30[/QUOTE]

In a lot of way, you could say that the shooters are pretty much the same game-to-game, with different multiplayer maps. You might think the maps make a difference, whereas a Madden Player could say the new playbooks make it different.

I get it. It's fashionable to be a "gamer" who doesnt play sports game, especially Madden. But why bag on the game? You dont play the games so I'd guess that you wouldnt be able to tell the differences year to year. I'm the same way with shooters. I generally dont play them so they all look the same to me. The difference is, I dont go out of my way to berate them and the people who play them.

And OP, if you dont like Madden, why the hell did you preorder it to begin with?

For me personally I have never bought a Madden game before. I tried it out about 5 years ago and it was fun but it seemed really complex so I never really bothered to buy it. I guess I'm one of the few...

[quote name='hostyl1']In a lot of way, you could say that the shooters are pretty much the same game-to-game, with different multiplayer maps. You might think the maps make a difference, whereas a Madden Player could say the new playbooks make it different.

I get it. It's fashionable to be a "gamer" who doesnt play sports game, especially Madden. But why bag on the game? You dont play the games so I'd guess that you wouldnt be able to tell the differences year to year. I'm the same way with shooters. I generally dont play them so they all look the same to me. The difference is, I dont go out of my way to berate them and the people who play them.

And OP, if you dont like Madden, why the hell did you preorder it to begin with?[/QUOTE]

Is it really fashionable or trendy right now to hate on Madden? So many people love Madden, I find it difficult to believe.

What it comes down to is.... a shooter, especially one like Modern Warfare 2, will never plummet in price like a Madden game. Value is subjective, except when we're talking about market prices.

[quote name='hostyl1']In a lot of way, you could say that the shooters are pretty much the same game-to-game, with different multiplayer maps. You might think the maps make a difference, whereas a Madden Player could say the new playbooks make it different.

And OP, if you dont like Madden, why the hell did you preorder it to begin with?[/QUOTE]

let me guess.....your a madden fan? and i do play the madden games........after they hit $30 a couple months after release

I haven't been able to get into a Madden since 02 or 03 I believe. As soon as it got to the point where they had to show a diagram of the controls that takes up 70 percent of the screen before every play, it was time for me to go.

Ahhh it's a love/hate relationship with Madden and me. On one hand, I love getting on release as that is when all my friends are getting it and will be playing online. Also, it's fun to play in online leagues scheduled alongside the real NFL schedule, as well as playing Franchise with your team.

On the other hand, there are only incremental upgrades that really don't justify the price.

I'm torn, but I think after buying 09 at release last year I'll wait for 10 to drop.

madden is fun. i love the nfl. i like to beat my friends and talk trash. its just like any other video game. u play it... and its fun. that is all!

most hardcore gamers dont really watch football cause.. they play games a lot.

I usually don't buy Madden at release, but the people that say "it's only roster updates" are fucking retarded. Just playing the one minute quarter demo of 10, I can tell that it feels almost completely different from what I played of 09.

Maybe it's because I only got to play 09 for a few days (got stolen), but it has a definite "sim feel" to it now, and it is definitely a big change from 08.

I'm kind of in the same boat as many of the other people. Personally I don't buy sports games very often and when I do I only get them for dirt cheap because I only play one if I'm in the mood for that type of game.

Currently I own NCAA Football 2004 and Madden 2004 and those are the most recent football games I own, and I think I payed $5 max for each.

[quote name='bleak']I'm weak. I re-ordered.[/QUOTE]lol !!!

Anyway, I just hate when any series forces itself into a yearly release schedule. I've taken a break from wrestling games because of this. It got frustrating because it seemed like I would barely scratch the surface of a game before it was time for the next one to come out already. I wish they would break this cycle and just let a game "breathe" for a while. For as much heat as Nintendo gets for milking their franchises, they'll only really do one or two entries in a cash cow series per console cycle. None of this once a year crap!!!! I so want to love a new wrestling game again :whistle2:(

For me, sports games got so complex, that it became impossible for me to have fun with them anymore. I loved Blitz the League 2, and enjoy more arcadey style sports games.

As for there being any difference between versions, I'll just say this. I'm a big Dynasty Warriors fan, and I have to listen to "It's the same old game, WHY DO THEY RELEASE THE SAME THING EVERY YEAR LOLZ, 5.0 out of 10" review every time a new game in the franchise comes out. I used to bitch that Madden is the same way, but I think people that are really into Madden get into the subtle differences each year, just the same way I feel the subtle differences every time I play a Dynasty Warriors game, and you have to really be a fan of the series and play it a lot to be able to tell those differences, without saying "IT'S THE SAME GAME, LOLZ"

I have to buy Madden, so my wife has something to complain about. She's not truly fulfilled otherwise. Soon, she'll be able to revel in my OCD fantasy drafting complex, and my neverending attempt each year to build the perfect defense.

bread's done
Back