Can't believe I didn't jump on this game sooner...

davegargamel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. Got it from the CC $8.96 clearance a couple of years back. Just popped it open, played it, and beat it in about 20 hours time. I am really blown away with just how much fun I had with that game.

Are the first one and Going Commando worth my time? I'm assuming yes, and prob'ly no matter what people answer I'm sure I'll pick them up anyway, especially since you can find 'em on the cheap these days. Guess I just wanted to say I really, really liked this game.

[quote name='davegargamel']Are the first one and Going Commando worth my time? I'm assuming yes, and prob'ly no matter what people answer I'm sure I'll pick them up anyway, especially since you can find 'em on the cheap these days.[/quote]
Going backwards? That's dangerous. :)

While the first game is missing a couple of key features that I really liked (strafing and weapon leveling), it was still a lot of fun. The second was even better.

I just picked up the first one today. I've only played Size Matters on the PSP and had a lot of fun with it, so I can't wait to play through the whole series.

I thought Going Commando was better than Up Your Arsenal. If I remember right, it had some nice flying missions (side quests).

The first two are indeed lots of fun, but going backwards might make them a little less fun. I actually liked Going Commando the best, then UYA, then the first one. The first one was a bit harder for me, mainly due to the fact that the game didn't stop/pause while you used the weapons quick select.

One of my favorite series for the PS2
I played the first four
(Ratchet and Clank, RaC:Going Commando, RaC:Up Your Areseal, RaC:deadlocked)

Wasn't a big fan of Deadlocked because you didn't have Clank but otherwise it was okay. The best thing they did was added the wepan leveling in Going Commando and the rest.

Story was good in all of them too.

You should definitely play the other two R & Cs (might want to avoid Deadlocked though).

I think I enjoyed Up Your Arsenal the least out of the "trilogy" but maybe thats because it was more shooter focused than a typical platformer. I enjoyed the original the most, then going commando, then Up Your Arsenal.

I think the part of the series I like best is the great tongue-in-cheek, along with the classic platforming gameplay.

Amazing games, you should play every one except deadlocked. Ratchet and Clank 1 might be a bit of a set back in some ways, but still worth it.

For me the first one was more of a pure platformer with the second being more of a shoot em up upgrade-fest. Liked all of the PS2 ratchets in general, but Going Commando is my favorite.

I loved Deadlocked the most, don't know what's wrong with you guys. I guess I like platforming and third person shooter, so I didn't mind the transition as much.

I personally loved all the R&C games. If you like UYA, I'm sure you'll like the other games. Yeah going backwards sorta makes the games pale in comparison at times, but they are all good games in their own right.

You might want to also try the Jak series of games if you haven't already. While I like R&C more, Jak is still one of the most enjoyable series of platform/action games that I've ever played on any platform. Best part about both of those lines of games is that you can probably run out and grab almost all of them with the current GS coupon for like $40-50.

R&C is hands down my favorite PS2 series.
I rate them as (from best to worst, but not even the worst is bad)
1) UYA
2) 1st one
3) Deadlocked

Can't give a fair vote on the 2nd because I didn't get the 2nd one ever. Instead my parents picked me up Jak II so I wasn't really sad about that because Jak II was an excellent game as well.

You should get R&C 2. It was the favorite of the series for many people, including myself. Additionally, I think it was way better than Jak 2 (in fact, I never even finished Jak 2, though I did enjoy and finish Jak 3).

Going Commando is my favorite of the series, partly because the level-up system really took a leap from the first game. UYA is fantastic as well, but it wasn't as surprising when it came out... it is basically GC Pt 2.

Deadlocked was terrible, IMO. It was a shooter with really short missions - once you complete a mission's requirements (whatever they might be), the game yanks you out of your fun, often in mid-shot. You're there shooting a bunch of enemies, blam blam! And then YOINK! The menu pops up. Time to load another session. It's basically a collection of arenas held together by a wafer-thin story.

Sorry for the rant, but I didn't just want to write "Deadlockd is terrible" and not explain myself.

Getting RC: Going Commando off Goozex. Hopefully I will like it better than the Jak series. That series...ugh. I wanted to like it.

I remember playing RC #1 and not really liking it. But I didn't give it a chance. I understand that Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal are the best...Deadlocked being mainly a jaunt into multiplayer arena land.

bread's done
Back