Can't view Steam store/community in app or Upload Photos to sites/gmail

ChernobylCow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
This just started in the past two days. I've made no significant changes to my

Windows 7 64-bit system.

Problem: I can't view the Steam store or community tab when using the Steam app.

Store page shows: White page that says "The webpage is unavailable beause you are offline" What you can try: Connect to internet, maike sure your not in offline mode, etc.

Community page: blank white.

Also recently occurring is that I am unable to upload photos. I tried Photobucket, Flickr, and just now GMAIL. Gmail says that there is an error and it may be due to a firewall or a proxy.

What I've tried:
Resetting modem
Resetting router
Plugging PC directly into the modem
Reboots

I am at a loss in diagnosing this since I've made no big changes and my Xbox/Netflix has been working fine over this network. I think it probably has to do with Windows firewall so if any of you CAGs has a suggestion that'd be great.

Do you have an anti-virus on your PC that was a firewall program built in and did it update around the time this started happening?

Have you tried temporarily turning your Windows Firewall off to see if it's that firewall? Assuming it's on to begin with.

After those two are cancelled out, look into a virus/malware scanner. Also looking through your running processes would be a good idea too.

I have tried disabling Windows firewall. Didn't work.

Currently I am going to run a full scan with each:
Microsoft Security Essentials
A-Squared Free
Spybot - Search and Destroy

Thanks for the posts guys. I really appreciate it. So I just ended up doing a system restore to a week earlier when I knew my girlfriend had been uploading pics to buy them from kodak and everything is working now. I'll just stay ontop of the malware stuff.

bread's done
Back