Capcom Classics Collection (C3) & Tecmo Classic Arcade

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
So I was randomly browsing EB's site and ran across this. I am not sure if this was ever even announced, but I didn't see it being discussed after a quick search, though it may have been mentioned in an E3 thread..

9/27/05, for $19.99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257872.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257874.asp

Favorites include: 1942, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting, Commando, Final Fight, Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts plus 17 other classics you grew up with

Final Fight and Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts? Those two alone would make me drop $20!

Here's (apparently) the full list of games appearing on this.

1942 (1984)
1943 (1987)
1943 Kai (1987)
Ghosts'n Goblins (1985)
Ghouls'n Ghosts (1988)
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (1991)
Vulgus (1984)
Son Son (1984)
Higemaru (1984)
Exed Exes (1985)
Commando (1985)
Mercs (1990)
Gunsmoke (1985)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (1991)
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition (1992)
Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting (1992)
Final Fight (1989)
Forgotten Worlds (1988)
Trojan (1986)
Legendary Wings (1986)
Section Z (1985)
Bionic Commando (1987)

Looks like a Tecmo one is on the way as well!!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256789.asp

Games Include:

* Tecmo Bowl

* Rygar

* Starforce

* Solomon's Key

* Bomb Jack

* Tecmo Cup

* Pinball Action

* Pleiads

* Senjyo

* Swimmer

* Strato Fighter

Yeah, i've known about Mega Man X collection, that was announced at E3, I think.. I'm super hyped for it.. for XBox, of course, but there's no date yet.. i'll cry if it isn't ported to XBox!

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, i've known about Mega Man X collection, that was announced at E3, I think.. I'm super hyped for it.. for XBox, of course, but there's no date yet.. i'll cry if it isn't ported to XBox![/QUOTE]

It used to be listed for Xbox at GameSpot, but they've since removed it. We don't have it listed at work either, so unless they're planning on releasing it after the PS2 and GC versions (as they did with the first Mega Man collection), it doesn't look good. :cry:

[quote name='Ledhed']It used to be listed for Xbox at GameSpot, but they've since removed it. We don't have it listed at work either, so unless they're planning on releasing it after the PS2 and GC versions (as they did with the first Mega Man collection), it doesn't look good. :cry:[/QUOTE]
can always keep your fingers cross for a "PLUS" or "DELUXE" set on XB ;)

[quote name='Ledhed']It used to be listed for Xbox at GameSpot, but they've since removed it. We don't have it listed at work either, so unless they're planning on releasing it after the PS2 and GC versions (as they did with the first Mega Man collection), it doesn't look good. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping it'll be one of those "afterthought" things. Like they did with the first one. It wasn't planned, then they woke up one day and were like "holy crap, there's fans on the XBox too!" and ported it. So i'm hoping.

There's a new and improved Namco collection out at the end of the month too.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256838.asp

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256863.asp

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257157.asp

It's almost worth the $20 for the bonus Pac-Man shirt alone.
  • Pac-Man
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Galaga
  • Galaxian
  • Dig Dug
  • Pole Position
  • Pole Position II
  • Rolling Thunder
  • Rally X
  • Bosconian
  • Dragon Spirit
  • Sky Kid
  • Xevious
  • Mappy

And in September, Midway will release the Midway Arcade Treasures 3, featuring 8 arcade racing titles.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256964.asp

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256913.asp

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256926.asp
  • Badlands
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Off Road Thunder: Mud, Sweat ‘N Gears
  • Race Drivin'
  • San Francisco Rush The Rock: Alcatraz Edition
  • San Francisco Rush 2049
  • S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Super Off Road & Bonus Tracks Pack

defenitely looking forward to Midway Treasures...when I think of those games I can still smell the fresh pizza...God I spent so much time/money there :)

[quote name='radjago']And in September, Midway will release the Midway Arcade Treasures 3, featuring 8 arcade racing titles.
  • Badlands
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Off Road Thunder: Mud, Sweat ‘N Gears
  • Race Drivin'
  • San Francisco Rush The Rock: Alcatraz Edition
  • San Francisco Rush 2049
  • S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Super Off Road & Bonus Tracks Pack
[/QUOTE]

I know that some of these will be arcade ports and some will be console ports. Anyone know if either of the SF Rush games will be console ports? I'd pay the money for the stunt mode from Rush 2 alone.

[quote name='Wander2045']It would be nice if Namco added more games to their Arcade Collection instead of using the same games over and over again.[/QUOTE]

They'll start adding new ones as soon as everyone stops buying the old ones over and over again. No matter how many platforms they release them on, they sell like crazy. You'd think that, by now, everyone in existence has some form of the Namco collection. And, you'd probably be right.

But, people will still buy this new compilation, even if it's only about %20 new content.

[quote name='Ledhed']They'll start adding new ones as soon as everyone stops buying the old ones over and over again. No matter how many platforms they release them on, they sell like crazy. You'd think that, by now, everyone in existence has some form of the Namco collection. And, you'd probably be right.

But, people will still buy this new compilation, even if it's only about %20 new content.[/QUOTE]

Sad but true. I just wonder how many rehashes we're going to get before they really open their library of games.

I may be an oddball (and I probably am), but these are the games drawing me to the Capcom collection:

Gunsmoke (1985)
Forgotten Worlds (1988)
Trojan (1986)
Legendary Wings (1986)
Section Z (1985)

Not that I'm not interested in any of the others - but I'd say those 5 are pretty much worth the $20 by themselves.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']I see you have opted to replace Scorch...:roll:[/QUOTE]

Hardly. Nobody can replace Scorch. Both of these topics have been discussed in the past, dating as far back as April. Mods should probably combine the now 4 existing threads into this one thread.

[quote name='argyle']I may be an oddball (and I probably am), but these are the games drawing me to the Capcom collection:

Gunsmoke (1985)
Forgotten Worlds (1988)
Trojan (1986)
Legendary Wings (1986)
Section Z (1985)

Not that I'm not interested in any of the others - but I'd say those 5 are pretty much worth the $20 by themselves.[/QUOTE]

Nope - I am most excited about Gunsmoke and Legendary Wings. But, of course, I already have 1942, 1943, Commando, Bionic Commando, and Ghosts N Golbins for my NES. Hmm, I've also been wanting to get Final Fight for SNES again, though.

The Capcom Collection definitely puts the other two as-yet-unreleased compilations to shame based on contents alone. Still, I hope the Final Fight port comes from the arcade or Sega CD versions and not the weak single player-only SNES port. (That would lower my interest in it considerably.)

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']The Capcom Collection definitely puts the other two as-yet-unreleased compilations to shame based on contents alone. Still, I hope the Final Fight port comes from the arcade or Sega CD versions and not the weak single player-only SNES port. (That would lower my interest in it considerably.)[/QUOTE]

*AHEM* That would be the weak, Guy on a separate cart-havin', entire level and Rolento-missin', gender switched punk rock girl beatin' weak SNES port.

Perhaps I'm blinded by how cool this comp looks (fucking Gun.Smoke!), but I doubt Capcom is that foolish.

I just hope they don't pull it from the game, and use it's inclusion on the new FF game disc as a selling point for the new FF, much like Midway did with MK1 on Arcade Treasures 2.

I'm all over the Capcom collection...but Super Ghouls N Ghosts?!?!? No complaints from me, but there was never an arcade version of this title was there?

What I'm trying to say is I'd rather have ARCADE versions of the likes of Ghosts 'N' Goblins, Section Z & legendary Wings as opposed to their VERY weak NES counterparts (especially Section Z...the NES version was BAD).

I truly hope that isn't the case.

I'm all over the Capcom collection...but Super Ghouls N Ghosts?!?!? No complaints from me, but there was never an arcade version of this title was there?

What I'm trying to say is I'd rather have ARCADE versions of the likes of Ghosts 'N' Goblins, Section Z & legendary Wings as opposed to their VERY weak NES counterparts (especially Section Z...the NES version was BAD).

I truly hope that isn't the case.

I have been psyched about the Capcom Collection since I found out about it months ago

Final Fight
Street Fighters, Commando, Forgotten Worlds, etc etc... will be a day one pick up for me

Wish Namco would have released more games on this collection, such as Super Pac Man as I cant find the old PSX collection anywhere

Mega Man x collection and the tecmo collections are also on my wants list, I know the tecmo one is priced at 30 (meaning Ill wait on picking it up immediately)

In case anyone was wondering what the differences were between the old Namco Museum and this new Namco Museum (I know I was), here's the list of games.

Namco Museum
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaga
Galaxian
Dig Dug
Pole Position
Pole Position II
Pac-Attack
Pac-Mania

Namco Museum 50th Anniversary
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Galaga
Galaxian
Dig Dug
Pole Position
Pole Position II
Rolling Thunder
Rally X
Bosconian
Dragon Spirit
Sky Kid
Xevious
Mappy

The differences are mindblowing, I know.

[quote name='freestylenut']I'm all over the Capcom collection...but Super Ghouls N Ghosts?!?!? No complaints from me, but there was never an arcade version of this title was there?

I truly hope that isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

How did you double-post 12 minutes apart?

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']The Capcom Collection definitely puts the other two as-yet-unreleased compilations to shame based on contents alone. Still, I hope the Final Fight port comes from the arcade or Sega CD versions and not the weak single player-only SNES port. (That would lower my interest in it considerably.)[/QUOTE]

Was the SNES version 1 player only? I must have forgotten that somehow. Screw that then.

Taito has also released a few collections in Japan-- hopefully they'll bring some here.
They had some kick ass games-- Elevator Action and Arkanoid would be worth the money.

And about that Tecmo collection-- if those are the arcade versions, I'll crap my pants. I've never seen those games at an arcade before. Rygar, Solomon's Key and Bomb Jack are all very kick ass and underrated games.

Sweet, I can finally retire my copy of Final Fight for SEGA CD !
I do hope that Capcom makes another arcade collection that has Willow, Aliens vs. Predator Arcade, Street Fighter I, and Knights of the Round.

[quote name='MadFlava']Sweet, I can finally retire my copy of Final Fight for SEGA CD !
I do hope that Capcom makes another arcade collection that has Willow, Aliens vs. Predator Arcade, Street Fighter I, and Knights of the Round.[/QUOTE]

I doubt you'll ever see anything like Willow or Aliens Vs. Predator on a compilation because there would be licensing issues there.

I saw these the other day while looking at upcoming releases. I'll definetly be buying the Capcom Collection and the Namco 50th Anniversary deal with the shirt.

yeah, I just want to fight Hitler again in Bionic Commando. I don't mind for Street Fighter 2 since I already have SF AC for the xbox, but it might be nice for the little nieces to know my past gaming. The 5 year old one has learned how to do her first Hadoken. :) Weird joy, I know.

[quote name='The Truth']I've been waiting on the Capcom one.... didn't know about Tecmo's, but no Nina Gaiden 1, 2 and 3?[/QUOTE]

Tecmo put them on their Ninja Gaiden Xbox game.

Capcom Collection and Megaman X collection will be mine.

Lots of games for only 50 bucks! Woohoo! what more could a CAQ ask for?

[quote name='Backlash']What is a CAQ?[/QUOTE]

Well if you look just under your waist you should have one of them, lol

What the hell? Is Tecmo including a neutered version of Tecmo Bowl because it doesn't have the NFL license anymore?

bread's done
Back