Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2

CAG 79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Has anyone been able to get this game? It was originally slated to come out on the 14th of November but it has been getting pushed back ever since. It's supposed to ship today but I get the feeling that there is going to be a different date there tomorrow. Most EB and GS haven't gotten the game while some only got 1 or 2 copies which sold out on the same day. I tried calling BB and CC but no dice there either. Anyone got lucky and picked up a copy?

[quote name='jasonlives13']Has anyone been able to get this game? It was originally slated to come out on the 14th of November but it has been getting pushed back ever since. It's supposed to ship today but I get the feeling that there is going to be a different date there tomorrow. Most EB and GS haven't gotten the game while some only got 1 or 2 copies which sold out on the same day. I tried calling BB and CC but no dice there either. Anyone got lucky and picked up a copy?[/QUOTE]

Target has it on sale today and Saturday for $9.97... I'm going to be kind of pissed if they never got it in.

Saw a copy of it at Fry's on Wednesday- I took a pass- $20 for games that I may never play is too much- I reserve that for the $10 games.

I managed to snag the last copy left at Gamecrazy. They told me that they only got 3 copies of the game and that's it.

Gamecrazy! Forgot all about that store. I gotta see if they got this... I'm trying to get the Xbox version but nobody has it.

My Target had it back as long ago as last Saturday, for some odd reason. Only the PS2 version, though. Otherwise it's impossible to find over here, with only the PSP collection being available whatsoever.

Mission Comprete! I got the Xbox version at Gamecrazy. They only got one copy, but due to the sheer 1337ness of the compilation, nobody wanted it except for me.

[quote name='screwkick']Just picked it up today @ Target for $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Roufuss said it was supposed to be $10 at Target. Check a couple of posts above.

I didn't bother to check my local Target because their game selection is crap. They hardly get any new games.

[quote name='jasonlives13']Roufuss said it was supposed to be $10 at Target. Check a couple of posts above.

I didn't bother to check my local Target because their game selection is crap. They hardly get any new games.[/QUOTE]

It is $10... it rang up for $19.99 at my Target too and it took about 20 minutes to change the price to $9.87 after I had to show two or three people what the price was SUPPOSED to be for Black Friday.

My Target had about 11 of the game, no joke.

So yea, it rings up $20, but until the close of tommorrow it's supposed to be $9.87 and the ad says that as well.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Didn't find a single one at my local Target. -_-[/QUOTE]

Did you search all the glass cases?

My Target is set up where cheap games are on an endcap not in the glass cases at all. Then there is one glass case that remains always open for $19.99 and under games, then another one that is locked where they expensive games go.

I was about to give up when I looked in the expensive glass case and someone had shoved all 11 copies in there in between Bully and something else... CCC 2 had no price tag or anything.

I just can't imagine my Target got in 11 copies and other Target's got zero... it looks like they came in today and someone just shoved them into the case since they had no price tag, no nothing, and there were in a hurry, so maybe check back at your Target tommorrow?

I found several copies at the local Target through sheer luck. For some reason they were behind Splinter Cell 4 on ps2.

Now I finally have a console version of SF1!

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I found several copies at the local Target through sheer luck. For some reason they were behind Splinter Cell 4 on ps2.

Now I finally have a console version of SF1![/QUOTE]

While I think that Street Fighter 1 is the most insanely awful fighting game ever (though I assume you're joking), I congratulate you on getting the game. If there's anything I've noticed, it's that stores do not want this game to sell. They either don't carry it or have it hidden. And I've only seen 1 copy in my town so it's not like this is a really easy to get game either... kinda ridiculous.

I think its a misprint in the Target ad. I think its suppose to be for the frist collection. Either way I'm going to try and get in this deal.

After playing SSF2T on MAME for so long I forgot how to play with a joypad/arcade stick... I can't even beat level 1 on the Easiest setting anymore, damn I'm terrible.

Now that I have this, there is no reason for me to keep it on PSP now... the only reason I got the PSP version was because it had different games =/

Well, I'll sell my PSP one on Ebay and make back the money I spent on the PS2 version at Target, so it works out.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Got a copy from Target for $9.87... had to price correct... gonna go play now.[/QUOTE]

That's right. You'll need to point out the ad in order to get price correct.

First time it rang up $19.99 and I was like WTF and then show the cashier the ad.............

$9.87 is a steal :D

IGN gave it a 7.0 in their review further proving that they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Don't believe me? Enjoy this conclusion from IGN's Jeremy Dunham:

Even so, for you get this set isn't a bad pickup at all.

I have not been able to find it anywhere in the Northern VA area.
May have to order online. No stores have it...
I figured it would be easy to find.

Victorious Boxers 2 also.

[quote name='Chacrana']IGN gave it a 7.0 in their review further proving that they don't know what the hell they're talking about. Don't believe me? Enjoy this conclusion from IGN's Jeremy Dunham:[/QUOTE]

I agree with that 7... the games are good but it's not really Capcom's best lineup. About half of the games are throw away's.

Despite all these strong elements, however, Classics Vol. 2 does run into a number of hiccups that keep it from realizing its full potential. The biggest hurdle, of course, is that the set has an inferior game selection compared to its predecessor and competition. As fun as the titles I mentioned earlier may be, the remaining choices aren't anywhere near as compelling. In fact, the top-down brawler known as Avengers and the bizarre shooting duo of The Speed Rumbler and Last Duel skirt the border between awful and terrible. Moreover, the original Street Fighter, Quiz & Dragons, Mega Twins, Three Wonders, and Varth range between poor to okay at their very best. Sure, some of the stronger titles helps even things out a bit, but in terms of overall quality, I've definitely seen better selections out there.

All of the games games they listed there do range from shit to ok. I enjoy Varth and Mega Twins but the rest of those games fucking blow.

Quiz and Dragons is only good as Capcom Quiz.

[quote name='Roufuss']I agree with that 7... the games are good but it's not really Capcom's best lineup. About half of the games are throw away's.

All of the games games they listed there do range from shit to ok. I enjoy Varth and Mega Twins but the rest of those games fucking blow.

Quiz and Dragons is only good as Capcom Quiz.[/quote]

I thought the whole point of the release was to get a good version of super turbo out there :)

I also tried to pick this up at Target, during the two day sale. It was ringing up at $19.99 and a supervisor stated, "we have no way to override the computer".

WTF is this SKYNET?

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I also tried to pick this up at Target, during the two day sale. It was ringing up at $19.99 and a supervisor stated, "we have no way to override the computer".

WTF is this SKYNET?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me but I just showed them the 2-day sales ad and they shut up and gave me $9.87 :)

[quote name='craab']I have not been able to find it anywhere in the Northern VA area.
May have to order online. No stores have it...
I figured it would be easy to find.

Victorious Boxers 2 also.[/quote]

Target in Fairlakes had a bunch on Black Friday. That's were I got mine.

bread's done
Back