Capcom pc games on sale.

If only Capcom would take these to 75% off on Steam. I bought a 4-pack of SSFIV:AE on Steam, so got my copy for $15, and SSIV for $5 during one of the last big Steam sales. RE5 for $10 isn't bad, but I'll wait 'til Steam gets it for $5. Sales on Capcom games seem to be few and far between...

If you don't mind playing games on GFWL and without Steam, these actually seem like decent sale prices. I own everything i'd be interested in, but still nice to see MS actually discount their GFWL titles for once.

Some of these prices are also available on amazon with physical copies. Red faction Guerrilla is $5 download and $5.56 for the dvd.

[quote name='Corpekata']Pretty mediocre discounts (especially Dark Void, which is 10 dollar non sale price on Steam).[/QUOTE]

I paid $2.99 for it on Steam during their Christmas sale...

Gonna get street fighter I think. Cheers
happy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be noted that dark void has achievements only when bought from the marketplace. These are Pretty mediocre deals though, I believe I've even seen Dark Void for 9.99 on the marketplace a year or so ago.. psst game kinda sux *BAD*, it has physx and is probably entertaining enough though until you become as bitter as me about it.

Surely everyone who has wanted one of those games has already bought them at those prices.

Capcom -- stop being cheap and realize you'd sell a ton more copies with a respectable discount on some of those older games!

[quote name='kaydigi']Will Street Fighter AE work on Steam?[/QUOTE]
Doubtful. The steam version of SF:AE runs through GFWL anyways (I think).

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']If you don't mind playing games on GFWL and without Steam, these actually seem like decent sale prices. I own everything i'd be interested in, but still nice to see MS actually discount their GFWL titles for once.[/QUOTE]

If you go to steam -> Add non-steam game and add any of these after installing, you get the EXACT SAME thing as buying these from steam.

Also, GFWL has weekly discounts just like Xbox LIVE.

Was excited since I've been looking for a good deal on DR2, but then I clicked the link and realized Capcom is just continuing their tradition of mediocre deals. Some of those are cheaper on Amazon as it is.

Resident Evil 5 is free, for all intents and purposes. Any CD key from Kane & Lynch will work with any copy of GFWL-compatible RE5, along with most older games (GTA4, Fallout 3, etc.). It's the only reason why I use GFWL.

[quote name='Corpekata']Pretty mediocre discounts (especially Dark Void, which is 10 dollar non sale price on Steam).[/QUOTE]

The Steam version of Dark Void is not GFWL though... You have to buy from Xbox.com to get the GFWL version.

[quote name='DarkPGR']If you go to steam -> Add non-steam game and add any of these after installing, you get the EXACT SAME thing as buying these from steam.[/QUOTE]

Steam doesn't track time played and whether your friends play the same title for non-Steam games, but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

[quote name='Blade']Resident Evil 5 is free, for all intents and purposes. Any CD key from Kane & Lynch will work with any copy of GFWL-compatible RE5, along with most older games (GTA4, Fallout 3, etc.). It's the only reason why I use GFWL.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying there's a massive exploit in the GFWL system that Microsoft hasn't done anything about yet? Explain.

[quote name='robpe36']So you're saying there's a massive exploit in the GFWL system that Microsoft hasn't done anything about yet? Explain.[/QUOTE]

Pre-SSA games you could use any key to activate any one game. Say I activated Resident Evil 5 on my account with the original key that came with it, but I also wanted to activate it on my wife's account for some reason. I could install it on her computer and use the key from say Viva Pinata or The Club to activate it and play coop with me. You couldn't use the same key twice or anything as far as I know.

bread's done
Back