Capcom Visa Card!

sephiroth_4

CAGiversary!
Just say no because now you know!!!!

http://www.defendyourdollars.org/2009/03/street_fighter_4_prepaid_cards.html

"Video game maker Capcom has partnered with Visa to offer a pre-paid debit card with so many fees that it will shrink your wallet from an E. Honda to a Dhalsim. The hurricane kick of fees, inside. From the card's fee page:

• $9.95 activation fee
  • $4.95 monthly fee
  • $0.25 per debit use
  • $1.50 per ATM withdrawal (not including whatever fee the ATM charges)
  • $10 to close the card (and you can't just stop using it, because besides the $4.95 monthly fee, there's a $5 dormancy fee
There's also assorted fees for declined transactions, overdrafts, and cash advances (which we didn't think could exist with a pre-paid debit card). On the other hand, you can have a Visa card with Ryu on it. "
- consumerist.com

wow, capcom is really sinking in my books... wont be picking up SF4 or R.evil5 just cause of the DLC debackle (I hate when they take out features, then charge us to put them in, in this case... the costumes)... and now this? GG capcom, GG

It's basically for people who have bad credit and don't know how to manage money, or just really love Capcom and want SFIV on their card.

My brother used to have one of these types of cards, it would probably be cheaper for him to use one of these than actually have a bank account and debit card since he overdrafts weekly. It's for these type of people.

Shrink you from an E. Honda to a Dhalsim, lol. I wish my wallet was a Rufus.

Ryu on my Visa will never be worth that much to me.

[quote name='reicaden']wow, capcom is really sinking in my books... wont be picking up SF4 or R.evil5 just cause of the DLC debackle (I hate when they take out features, then charge us to put them in, in this case... the costumes)... and now this? GG capcom, GG[/quote]
It is lame, but for SF4, it doesn't really add to the gameplay. So you can disregard it with ease. If it's like Mega Man 9 where some gameplay modes are committed, then there is a cause for concern.

[quote name='reicaden']wow, capcom is really sinking in my books... wont be picking up SF4 or R.evil5 just cause of the DLC debackle (I hate when they take out features, then charge us to put them in, in this case... the costumes)... and now this? GG capcom, GG[/QUOTE]

Wow.. have fun missing out on two of the best games available then..

Oh, by the way, you probably shouldn't see Watchmen, either. The theatre sells overpriced soda, which makes the movie a total ripoff even if you don't buy the optional soda... yeah, it's a good movie, but you've gotta make a stand on principle.

Hello, this is a pre-paid debit card. Most of the time, they're always chock full of fees for one reason or another.

This one is a bit ridiculous, yes, though again, it's a pre-paid debit card, so it really only has the target audience of people that can't get a debit card or credit card.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hello, this is a pre-paid debit card. Most of the time, they're always chock full of fees for one reason or another.

This one is a bit ridiculous, yes, though again, it's a pre-paid debit card, so it really only has the target audience of people that can't get a debit card or credit card.[/quote]

Credit card I can understand, but how can someone not get a debit card in this day in age? Is it that hard to open a checking account?

[quote name='distgfx']Shrink you from an E. Honda to a Dhalsim, lol. I wish my wallet was a Rufus.

Ryu on my Visa will never be worth that much to me.[/quote]

I've had Ryu on my Visa since November! LOL

[quote name='Shady3011']Credit card I can understand, but how can someone not get a debit card in this day in age? Is it that hard to open a checking account?[/quote]If you can't get a checking account these days, which is more prevalent than you might think, then yes, you can't get a debit card.

Plenty of people have wrecked credit, and banks are getting more picky about who they give accounts to these days, including credit checks and checks of past issues with other banks. No checking account, no debit card.

[quote name='sephiroth_4']Just say no because now you know!!!!

http://www.defendyourdollars.org/2009/03/street_fighter_4_prepaid_cards.html

"Video game maker Capcom has partnered with Visa to offer a pre-paid debit card with so many fees that it will shrink your wallet from an E. Honda to a Dhalsim. The hurricane kick of fees, inside. From the card's fee page:

• $9.95 activation fee
  • $4.95 monthly fee
  • $0.25 per debit use
  • $1.50 per ATM withdrawal (not including whatever fee the ATM charges)
  • $10 to close the card (and you can't just stop using it, because besides the $4.95 monthly fee, there's a $5 dormancy fee
There's also assorted fees for declined transactions, overdrafts, and cash advances (which we didn't think could exist with a pre-paid debit card). On the other hand, you can have a Visa card with Ryu on it. "
- consumerist.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'm seriously surprise why people were thinking about getting this debit card.

[quote name='Koggit']Wow.. have fun missing out on two of the best games available then..

Oh, by the way, you probably shouldn't see Watchmen, either. The theatre sells overpriced soda, which makes the movie a total ripoff even if you don't buy the optional soda... yeah, it's a good movie, but you've gotta make a stand on principle.[/quote]

I think of it alot more as, The watchmen movie had a 5 minute portion after the credits that was interesting and cool. But the movie theaters decided to cut it out and show it in a special screening on its own for 3$ a ticket.

Did i need those 5 minutes after the credits to enjoy the movie? probably not...

Is it retarded to pay extra for something that was ALREADY INCLUDED, then removed? I believe so.

But enjoy your 3$ ticket, truly, im sure it's epic.

[quote name='reicaden']I think of it alot more as, The watchmen movie had a 5 minute portion after the credits that was interesting and cool. But the movie theaters decided to cut it out and show it in a special screening on its own for 3$ a ticket.

Did i need those 5 minutes after the credits to enjoy the movie? probably not...

Is it retarded to pay extra for something that was ALREADY INCLUDED, then removed? I believe so.

But enjoy your 3$ ticket, truly, im sure it's epic.[/quote]

Uh, that really isn't a good analogy. If anything, it would be more like watching the movie again with them having different clothes on.

[quote name='reicaden']I think of it alot more as, The watchmen movie had a 5 minute portion after the credits that was interesting and cool. But the movie theaters decided to cut it out and show it in a special screening on its own for 3$ a ticket.

But enjoy your 3$ ticket, truly, im sure it's epic.[/QUOTE]

What magical superpower did you use to create the fact ". . .was ALREADY INCLUDED, then removed" out of your ass? My ass can't create facts, as yours can. Sounds like a pretty useful superpower.

The soda analogue is much more accurate...

bread's done
Back