Capcom's Playtest Deal

[quote name='Justme8800']I visited their offices in San Mateo to playtest a new game of theirs, and they gave me a nice pile of games and goodies for my trouble. Moral of the story; pay attention to the Capcom US blog, and you might get lucky!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/schwag/capcom-playtesting-pays-in-spades-323346.php

This counts as bragging rights, doesn't it? :)[/quote]

Congrats! But I need that pig!
Seriously, if you want to trade for it some day, LMK!

Thanks for the Poogle info, I was wondering what it was supposed to be.

Out of curiosity, is there anything in that pile that CAGs would be interested in winning? I doubt Shipwreck would refuse more prizes. The shirt I've already worn, and the games I sorta wanted to play (unless someone comes up with a convincing case that I won't like them), but most of that stuff is needing someone's appreciation. Any thoughts?

[quote name='Justme8800']Nobody wants any of it? Seriously?[/quote]

Hmmm, see the second reply above...Piggie please...:bouncy:

Ok fine ill throw this out there. Point card, pen, and the drink are pretty spiffy. If you drink it, tell us how it is.

Nice score. How long was the playtest session, just out of curiousity?

Oh, and I'd throw my name in the ring for winning the Lost Planet print if you want to get rid of that. Or the pen.

[quote name='danhoo']How long was the playtest session, just out of curiousity?[/quote]

The session was slated to last from 2pm to 5pm, but we finished up at around 3:30. I wish it had lasted longer, it was a fun game.

I guess there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what everyone wants, so how about we split it up into related prizes? That way more people win, and only the people who want a given prize will be entered for that draw. There could be like an RE pack, a Z&W pack, the point card, you get the drift. People would be able to enter in all the drawings they'd like to win, but each winner can only win one pack. Does that sound fair?

[quote name='Justme8800']

I guess there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what everyone wants, so how about we split it up into related prizes? That way more people win, and only the people who want a given prize will be entered for that draw. There could be like an RE pack, a Z&W pack, the point card, you get the drift. People would be able to enter in all the drawings they'd like to win, but each winner can only win one pack. Does that sound fair?[/quote]

That sounds awesome! :bouncy::applause:

Ok, Ship gave the go ahead for this, so this is your chance to help refine the packs to your liking. Remember, you can only win one pack to make it fair, so if you're torn with any of these be sure to speak up. Once we start the contest, it'll be too late to change anything, so speak up! Here is my first draft:
  • Zombies! pack: Revive, RE4 game guide
  • Yo-ho-ho! pack: Stickers, holographic puzzle, and squishy treasure chest
  • Xbox pack: 1600 LIVE point card (I'll just email the code)
  • Objection! pack: Phoenix Wright keychain plushie, Mega Man buster pen
  • Awesome! pack: Monster Hunter "My Pet Poogie" WATERMELON PIG plushie, Lost Planet Collector's laser matte print w/ certificate of authenticity
Remember, you can enter to win in whichever packs you'd like to win, you can even enter all five of them if you want. But you can only win one! Also, this isn't the actual contest thread, we're just getting the contest ready. Shipwreck will tell you what to do on the Foreplay podcast when the actual contest starts, just like always.

The game I playtested was fun. :D

No objections so far about how the packs are arranged? I'll leave the topic up for discussion for a day or so, and then we'll decide. Now is the time for input, if you've got any!

Objection! pack sounds awesome. I'd take that.

Sucks that there's no game companies anywhere near me. I'd gladly take a day off and play some games for gaming swag in return. Ungrateful PC developers never give me gaming swag for alpha testing :(

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']I think the megaman buster pen should be with the lost planet print in its own pack. I'd like to win that.[/quote]

Sounds like a good idea... I put them in seperate packs at first cause it seemed like seperate people wanted to have Phoenix and Poogie.

Would you guys rather have a Plushie pack (with Phoenix and Poogie) and a Buster pack (with buster pen and laser matte), or have it the way it is now with the Objection pack and the Awesome pack?

Well I know if you make the Buster pack i'm in 100% I want thoes real bad. By the way the contests is it gonna be like a raffle or like a skill kinda thing or what? I wanna know my chances.

[quote name='Justme8800']The game I playtested was fun. :D[/quote]

How long is your NDA you signed for before you can reveal the game name? :p

Wow that's a lot of cool stuff.. I got some cool stuff when I tested Postal 2 for Running With Scissors but the CAPCOM stuff is cool.. congrats. :)

The NDA is until the game is released.

So we should make a decision soon... What's it gonna be, the Buster Pack or the Objection Pack?

You'll still be able win any of the prizes, we just need to decide which winners win what. Any more input?

Three votes to keep it the way it is, two to change it... I guess it's staying the way it is! Look forward to it in the next CAG Foreplay (or the one after that or whatever, that's up to Ship). Thanks for your input on the packs, everyone, and good luck!

bread's done
Back