Car Speaker installation questions

edtinney

CAGiversary!
Hi I just got a pair of Infinity component speakers (separate tweeters) and a set of 6x9's. I wanted to get them installed and I figured I would go to Circuit City or Best Buy. Which do you suggest? Do they charge more to install components? (my tweeters go in the dashboard) How much am I looking to pay here? Thanks a lot.

I would highly recommand you dont go to BB or CC for installation. I would try to find a local place that does car stereo.

or get a knowledgeable friend to do it for u. or just do it by yourself, theres lots of sites out there that show you how to install. check carstereo.com =]

[quote name='slvrdrgn123']or get a knowledgeable friend to do it for u. or just do it by yourself, theres lots of sites out there that show you how to install. check carstereo.com =][/QUOTE]
I wont bother unless your knowledgeable friend install stero for a living. It is not worth the trouble to do it yourself unless you have a good knowledge about cars.

Installation by Best Buy or CC will be excessively pricey because you didn't buy the merchandise there. I've had installations done by Best Buy and they were good and fast, but they may be pricey. Like others have said, find a local installation service and get it taken care of there.

Although, personally, I think that if your speakers are the same size as the fittings into which they will be installed, it shouldn't be a problem installing them yourself. There are only two or three wires that plug into each speaker, and it should be a simple matter of removing them from the existing speaker and fitting them to the new ones. HOWEVER, if they aren't the same size as the fitting then just forget about it and get someone else to take care of it for you.

I had my Alpine Type R Component's put in at CC about 2 years back. They charged about 80.00. I'd rather spend the 80.00 then have to tear apart my dashboard and do it myself.

[quote name='supershammy']There are only two or three wires that plug into each speaker, and it should be a simple matter of removing them from the existing speaker and fitting them to the new ones. HOWEVER, if they aren't the same size as the fitting then just forget about it and get someone else to take care of it for you.[/QUOTE]
If they are stock speaker the plug will never fit after market speaker.

bread's done
Back