Carcassonne and Catan Game Night?

[quote name='Del Far']Totally agreed Zaius, I was lucky that I happened to get a piece that helped me complete another sanctuary in time, but man 78 77 77, that was fucking close, and awesome, well played sir, well played.[/quote]

you know what the weird part is? the only other time I've played online...

I lost 77, 78, 78

[quote name='lordwow']I'll try to be there. I need to clear out some friends list people as I'm at 100 though.

You may want to update the title with that info Del Far.[/quote]

I can't update the Title but I updated the first post with info.

I'll try to be there but it is going to be at the tail end or even after the 1am Eastern time "ending". I really can't play games like this until 10-11 (Pacific) at the earliest.

I have to back out for tonight. I'll be on tomorrow->Sunday nights (and Saturday day, and probably Sunday day at some points). I think my friends list is full, but send me a message if you want to play.

Ass, I didn't check the thread in time to see people were playing tonight. Oh well.
I'm totally up for some 10PM-Midnight weeknight action in the future, though!
And feel free to friend me so we can Carcassonne.

So do you guys play with the Rivers expansion?
I don't like it, but I'll play with it if necessary.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Ass, I didn't check the thread in time to see people were playing tonight. Oh well.
I'm totally up for some 10PM-Midnight weeknight action in the future, though!
And feel free to friend me so we can Carcassonne.

So do you guys play with the Rivers expansion?
I don't like it, but I'll play with it if necessary.[/quote]

I play with rivers sometimes. I bought the king and baron expansion as well, it changes the game quite a bit.

Del Far had a game and we played with the AI but a bit through it frooze so I restarted the system and found Del Far was offline? What happened? I played some games online though and on one of them had the closest win I've ever have by 2 points. I had just placed a piece to finish a HUGE castle and my opponent just got a road piece and placed a follower to farm thereafter. Luckily I snagged the back country and got some farming points to win by 2 points!
I have the river(I) and king and baron exp as well.

Is the demo for Carcassone a good representation of the game? Is it pretty much just players laying down tiles to create towns, roads, and whatever until there are no more tiles?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Is the demo for Carcassone a good representation of the game? Is it pretty much just players laying down tiles to create towns, roads, and whatever until there are no more tiles?[/quote]
actually I think farms are a much more complex part of the game.

Carcassonne is easily worth 800 bucks. Its one of those games you go "oh this is easy" until you play against people who can actually play. It's one of the most complex 10 minute board games ever.

[quote name='lordwow']Carcassonne is easily worth 800 bucks. Its one of those games you go "oh this is easy" until you play against people who can actually play. It's one of the most complex 10 minute board games ever.[/quote]

Lol I think you mean 800 microsoft points :D Not 800 bucks

I think it was always that way. I bought it but truthfully, the default is the best scheme. the mayfair style is harder to distinguish. I play with it once in a blue moon just to justify spending money on it.

I am down for both of these games, if you catch me online or if there becomes a set weekly night.

Gamer Tag is Hizuru

I was playing Carcassonne the other night and the darnest thing happened. My opponent placed a corner road facing east, then another one facing north, then another one facing west, and finishing the road!? with another corner piece facing south. The road looks like a hook with no end pieces to finish the road however his road did. Is this a glitch?!@@

[quote name='Spybreak8']Del Far had a game and we played with the AI but a bit through it froze so I restarted the system and found Del Far was offline? What happened?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sorry Spy, I kind of was frustrated and just sort of gave up afterwards
it was 1am in my timezone so i just sort of went to sleep.

Also, last night we managed to have a 3 MAN GAME of Catan going between me Strell and Marten, it was awesome, I somehow won, it was a random draw of a development card. Maybe we can get another game going tonight at some time

Yeah. Damn marten took away my longest road to "lengthen the game," and DJ Delfar managed to get a victory point.

Marten paid dearly for that in a few games of Carcassonne later on in the night.

Okay, I realize I'm bumping an epically old thread, but whatever, it was really the only relevant one that came up when I searched Catan.

Does anyone still play this? I just discovered it on Live, and spent like three hours yesterday playing with a friend. I'm sure it would be infinitely better playing with 3-4 people, though, instead of Catherine the Great, who refuses to trade with me for no reason. Greedy bitch.

I still play it occasionally. Game isn't much fun if you don't play it with people you know. If your looking for someone, send me a friend request. I know Strell and Marten still play it

bread's done
Back