Cardcaptor Sakura Vol. 1-18 $80 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I was just about to post this. I absolutely love this show, and this price is a steal.

Though 18 DVD cases takes up a TON of shelf space, which makes me glad I picked up the much smaller box sets a few months back during a Geneon sale.

Sold out this morning.

Fortunately I placed an order last night (midnight) before going to bed :)

Keep checking back. They sold out thursday night, so they obviously got some more in yesterday.

So excited about this. :D

This set has sold out so freaking fast everytime it has come in stock. The first itme it was in, I missed it in the weekly specials and have been kicking myself ever since. I so wish that they either have or get more.

They're the unedited subtitled version that Pioneer released to make up for the relatively meh edited dub release way back when.

[quote name='eldad9']Um, aren't these the american TV version? That is, censored and English-only?[/quote] Cardcaptor Sakura is uncut. Cardcaptor is censored :)

Actually, Cardcaptors is censored. :) Which makes sense, because they tried to make it seem like there was more than one Cardcaptor in the dub. But there's only one true Cardcaptor (Sakura)!

Wow, my set came today! I ordered it on 8/3 and chose free shipping. Didn't expect it until later in the week. The volumes came all sealed together:

:bouncy:

The few eps I've caught of Cardcaptors were insulting. In addition to removing most emotions, they made Shaoran a main character from the beginning, on an equal footing if not above Sakura. And they tried to turn it into one of those stupid 'collect 'em' all' shows. Which, I won't deny, is Sakura's main job; but the primary point of the show is how she deals with her challenges, both of being a youth and of being the Cardcaptor. check out www.ccsvscc.com for some revealing comparisons [lots of spoilers though].
Those of you who got this set, enjoy it. I think it's one of the best anime titles I've seen, and it's suitable for the whole family.

The few eps I've caught of Cardcaptors were insulting. In addition to removing most emotions, they made Shaoran a main character from the beginning, on an equal footing if not above Sakura. And they tried to turn it into one of those stupid 'collect 'em' all' shows. Which, I won't deny, is Sakura's main job; but the primary point of the show is how she deals with her challenges, both of being a youth and of being the Cardcaptor. check out www.ccsvscc.com for some revealing comparisons [lots of spoilers though].
Those of you who got this set, enjoy it. I think it's one of the best anime titles I've seen, and it's suitable for the whole family.

[quote name='moiety']Wow, my set came today! I ordered it on 8/3 and chose free shipping. Didn't expect it until later in the week. The volumes came all sealed together:

:bouncy:[/quote]
It looks like some of the DVDs were not individually sealed...

[quote name='eau']It looks like some of the DVDs were not individually sealed...[/QUOTE]

For three bucks a DVD on something that is probably out of print, just as long as the discs come with all of their inserts and aren't scratched, I'd be fine with however they got shipped.

[quote name='eau']It looks like some of the DVDs were not individually sealed...[/quote]
They are all individually sealed, with one big seal around all of them. 4 of the DVDs' spines was facing the other way, if that's what you meant.

Hooray! My order shipped yesterday. Hopefully they will be here this weekend or early next week :mrgreen:

Btw, these DVDs are OOP. They have been replaced by the two newer book cases ($100 retail each). They are the same discs, but in book like custom cases. That's probably why TRSI/Geneon were clearing them out for such a steep discount. They do take up a lot of thier warehouse space.

Hooray! My order shipped yesterday. Hopefully they will be here this weekend or early next week :mrgreen:

Btw, these DVDs are OOP. They have been replaced by the two newer book case releases ($100 retail each). AFAIK, they are the same discs, but in book-like custom cases (with less artwork). That's probably why TRSI/Geneon were clearing them out at such a steep discount. They do take up a lot of their warehouse space.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I fucking hate it when Rightstuf does this and I miss out. The sets are gone and they haven't put anymore in stock.[/quote]

Yeah, looks like it was a closeout item. As it says, "Item is no longer available." Bummer. I had hoped this would of lasted a little longer. I witnessed it be restocked three times; just didn't have the cash to drop at the moment. :bomb:

If anyone watches these and either hates them or doesn't want to keep them, send me a PM. I'm interested in buying them.

[quote name='Ndolger']Yeah, looks like it was a closeout item. As it says, "Item is no longer available." Bummer. I had hoped this would of lasted a little longer. I witnessed it be restocked three times; just didn't have the cash to drop at the moment. :bomb:[/quote]

Yea, they bought out the last of Amazon's 1-15 package, then added 16-18 & resold

[quote name='eau']What bandana? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere?[/quote]

On the main page a couple of topics down is
While supplies last, any purchase of a Geneon item will net you a special New Getter Robo bandanna!

I didn't actually see the bandana on my order until they emailed me my confirmation.
Quant Price Item Code Description
----- ---------- --------------- -------------------------------------
1 $79.99 * pd12879 Cardcaptor Sakura DVD Mega Bundle (DV
1 Free grband New Getter Robo Bandanna - Promotiona

Well that sure didn't take long.
javascript: openPopup('/customer/pr...bars=yes,width=325,height=400,resizable=yes')Product Availability - In Stock and Available
I wonder how long it will last?

I want one but I just can't justify $80 right now. I hope it will stay in stock or come back in stock at a later date.

[quote name='dtcarson']80 bucks for this entire series is its own justification, if you're at all interested in it.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying it's not worth it. I'm just saying that having an $80 hole where there was no place to put a hole will not work out well for me right now.

[quote name='GBKeroberos']Nuts! It's "On Order From Manufacturer" again. :bomb:
I'm not sure whether to try my luck and order one or not.[/quote]

The status seems to be jumping around alot. My order just got a shipping confirmation so go for it! Beats out the awful book collections any day of the week

[quote name='Gara']Beats out the awful book collections any day of the week[/QUOTE]
Except for, y'know... taking up a shit-ton of space on your shelf.

Jesus. I already have the first four DVDs, and I am incredibly broke right now, but it's still very tough to resist buying this.

man. this time i had to go in and actually buy it, too good of a deal to pass up. And I got get backers volume 6 with series box for 10.00 as well. Good deal.

[quote name='animemaniac14']do these dvds come in a box set? or do they just come separately? sorry if someone's already answered that...[/quote]

These are the single dvd editions and did not have an artbox release. They are much deserving of a Paul Champagne box though if you want to go the extra mile. The boxset release discussed earlier is just a simple bookpack release.

Go full hog and add in the Mahoromatic DVD/CD Bargain Bundle :applause: for 39.99. Rightstuf is trying to take all of my money....

like im REALLY wondering if card captor sakura is worth it...i mean someone check out my collection of anime and tell me if i would like it...link is in my sig ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back