Record of Lodoss Wars
Resident Evil Code: VERONICA
Re-Volt
Samba de Amigo
San Francisco Rush 2049
Seaman
Sega Bass Fishing
Sega Rally Championship
Sega Swirl (available on almost every DC demo and internet disc)
Shenmue
Silver
Skies of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Soul Calibur
Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain
Space Channel 5
Street Fighter III: Third Strike
Super Magnetic Neo
Sword of the Berserk Guts' Rage
Tech Romancer
Toy Commander
Typing of the Dead 2
Unreal Tournament
Virtual-On
Virtua Tennis
Wacky Races
Zombie Revenge

If you factor in imports...

Capcom vs SNK 2001
Cool Cool Toon
Cosmic Smash
Headhunter (PAL version)
Ikaruga
Rez
Samba de Amigo Ver. 2000
Shenmue II (PAL version)
Trigger Heart Exelica

Also recommend finding and burning Half-Life and Propeller Arena, as they're great games that ended up getting canceled just as they were nearing their release dates (HL got canned due to Sierra seeing everyone abandon the DC, and PA got canned due to the Sept. 11 attacks).

Pretty sure I'm still missing a few there. But yeah, the Dreamcast has a helluva library worth looking into.

Virtua Tennis and Skies Of Arcadia DEFINITELY must haves.

The 2k sports games were all incredible in their time.

Canon spike is fun/old school.

And I guess Marvel Vs Capcom 2 if youre into fighters.

Figured id highlight the best games from the guy above

I'll recomend games that are either DC exclusive or just plain better on that system.

Fighting: Rival Schools, Power Stone 2, Last Blade 2
RPG: Grandia II
Action/ Adventure: Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Bangai-O, Sonic Adventure, Berserk
Puzzle: Mr. Driller, Chu Chu Rocket

[quote name='Rodimus']I'll recomend games that are either DC exclusive or just plain better on that system.

Fighting: Rival Schools, Power Stone 2, Last Blade 2
RPG: Grandia II
Action/ Adventure: Shenmue, Jet Grind Radio, Bangai-O, Sonic Adventure, Berserk
Puzzle: Mr. Driller, Chu Chu Rocket[/QUOTE]
As this says, Grandia II is better on the DC. Avoid the PS2 and PC ports. There are visual issues and issues involving crashing during anime cutscenes.

I never actually played Grandia II on the PS2, but I always hear to avoid it.

I would have put Skies of Arcadia but then there's the Gamecube version. Some still prefer it on the DC, but with all gameplay tweaks and extra content the GC version is slightly superior. The only major thing you couldn't do in the GC version was the Cupil VMU game.

Crazy Taxi

Dead or Alive 2

Gauntlet Legends (if you have at least two other people to play with)

Jet Grind Radio

Power Stone (1 or 2, both are good)

Ready to Rumble (1 or 2, ditto)

Shenmue

Soul Calibur

Star Wars Episode I Racer - didn't think too much of it on the 32-bit era systems, but for some reason I loved the DC version.

Street Fighter Alpha 3

And, my personal favorite:

NBA Showtime - AWESOME party game. Playing the AI is minimal fun but with a partner or a partner and two opponents, you'll have a blast.

As far as imports:

Fire Pro Wrestling D and Giant Gram 2000 are two of the best wrestling games ever. They are very different from each other, as well. FPD is action/sim-ish, while GG2k is fast action almost like a fighting game.

Ones to avoid:

Floigan Bros. Ugh.

NBA Hoopz. The followup to Showtime - switching from teams of two to teams of three completely broke the gameplay.

still love Tech Romancer. Capcom basically ripping off SNK's King Of The Monsters series and doing it a lot better.

And though YMMV, also dug Giga Wing 1 & 2.

[quote name='Rodimus']I never actually played Grandia II on the PS2, but I always hear to avoid it.

I would have put Skies of Arcadia but then there's the Gamecube version. Some still prefer it on the DC, but with all gameplay tweaks and extra content the GC version is slightly superior. The only major thing you couldn't do in the GC version was the Cupil VMU game.[/QUOTE]

SoA is a better choice for the GC. The encounter rate was close to every two to three steps for the DC in the GC version it is at least five. Still way to high but won't get on your nerves as quickly.

If you can track down a copy I would highly recommend Vampire Chronicles. It is on the pricey side but well worth it if you like the Dark Stalkers games.

Record of the Lodoss War
MvC2
Skies of Arcadia, unless you have access to the GCN version (I thought the random battles were a bit much in the DC version)
Shenmue
DOA2
Soul Calibur
Jet Grind Radio
Crazy Taxi 1 or 2
Grandia II
ChuChu Rocket
Sword of the Berserk Guts' Rage
Seaman
Street Fighter Alpha 3

Those should keep you entertained for awhile :)

I'm a real sucker for some of the AAA dreamcast games, namely Shenmue and Jet Grind Radio.

I haven't really seen any mention of light gun games... HOTD 2 is a good buy, I never got to play confidential mission or whatever it was called so I dunno how that stacks up. If you're ever looking for a real laugh though, there was one called crimson death or something and it is so hilariously terrible that it just needs to be played.

If you enjoy old school survival horror, I STRONGLY recommend Illbleed. It is probably one of the most creative, one of a kind survival horror games ever.

The lightgun games are also golden. THOTD2 is a classic, and Confidential Mission is also fun. I actually used to own Crimson Death EX, and all I remember is that one of the first bosses would literally just disappear 99% of the time. It was that glitchy.

[quote name='LostRoad']If you can track down a copy I would highly recommend Vampire Chronicles. It is on the pricey side but well worth it if you like the Dark Stalkers games.[/QUOTE]

I recomend the import PS2 version of this. It can be found pretty cheap and it's got extra goodies.

Never knew it even got ported to the PS2 going to have to hit up Playasia now, ty.

Ok after looking it up Rod the PS2 version is not the same as the DC one. Still worth it though.

I had one but sold it, I was never a fan of the series. Anyways it's actually not a port. Instead the PS2 version is called Vampire Collection. It's more liike the Alpha Anthology where you get each individual game from the series instead of a mash-up like Chronicles is.

Canon spike is fun/old school.
5.gif

bread's done
Back